Les Misérables

Loved the movie :luv: But I was already a fangirl so I don't think there is anyway I could have not loved it.

I think you have to keep your expectations in tact. This was a huge blockbuster, and they picked actors who can sing rather than singers who could act.

I really liked this movie. I knew it was a musical going in, but I didn't expect them to sing the WHOLE THING. Once I got used to that though, I really enjoyed it :grin:

I really liked this movie. I knew it was a musical going in, but I didn't expect them to sing the WHOLE THING. Once I got used to that though, I really enjoyed it :grin:

This was my dad's reaction, except he won't admit that he liked it. Haha.
And @Em. , epic is exactly the word I would use. I love a good movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Samantha Barks as Éponine wearing a crazy corsette? Chubby arms and face, but freakishy small waist- did anyone else notice that? I spent the whole movie trying to figure out if she was thin or chubby.

Sorry but I had to share this:

tumblr_mfnqcobSiM1qeiao9o1_400.png

those who already saw it will understand hehehe

Thanks for posting! That is exactly what I'm talking about! I wonder what her measurements are... it looks like potential barbie proportions.

Pretty sure it's a corset... :hmm: That's why her arms are so big compared to her waist. I didn't know why she was wearing it since she had to sing but then again, this is a film, not theatre... Still, if Éponine is supposedly poor why would she be wearing one? And why is she clean unlike in the theatre, isn't she supposed to be poor? Hahaha it makes no sense! :lol:

Her waist distracted me too...
It's definitely a corset - she looks so unproportional! Her waist is like the size of her head Oo

She looks normal here
E1A16B3B5A978347C9DD6963021D2_h498_w598_m2.jpg

Maybe they wanted to make her look emanciated or something?

I loved the movie but I really don't see the talent and great performance of Anne Hathaway, maybe is because I find her terribly overrated and desperate for recognition, she tries way to hard and that puts me off.

I loved the film. And I don't care what the critics thought...
Russell Crowe can do NO wrong

Reactions: 1 user
I'm watching it now. When Anne Hathaway finally died:
tumblr_mh15gqJ5Sh1s3a85do1_500.gif

;)

tumblr_m953q0Dkz61r7v658.gif

Seriously though, theater people, what is it that makes Les Mis so great compared to other musicals? All the theater kids at my school have serious boner over it and put it on this massive pedestal.

Maybe I am just cynical, but even though Hugh Jackman was good, the lack of dialogue wore on for me. It was difficult for me personally to sit though something that was nothing but singing, but since everyone did a good job on their performances, I do appreciate it for what it was.

Also, Amanda Seyfrieds face :luv: (seriously, every theater girl I know hates her character, but I didn't think she was that bad. Whats up with that?)

tumblr_m953q0Dkz61r7v658.gif

Seriously though, theater people, what is it that makes Les Mis so great compared to other musicals? All the theater kids at my school have serious boner over it and put it on this massive pedestal.

Also, Amanda Seyfrieds face :luv: (seriously, every theater girl I know hates her character, but I didn't think she was that bad. Whats up with that?)

I think they don't hate Cosette so much as love Éponine.

Oh yes. t's definitely one of the, if not the, most overrated show of all time. That does not make it bad though, to me the score is epic and memorable, based on a classic book everyone seems to think is "life-changing", it's very emotional and still entertaining, it just pleases everyone. Not to mention that it's helped shoot off careers of some of the most celebrated musical theatre performers (Colm Wilkinson, Lea Salonga, Patti LuPone, Michael Ball, etc.) Yes, people think higher of it than it really is but in my opinion it's still one of the greatest, most legendary of all time, no matter how annoyingly hyped it is. It's become an epitome of Broadway/West End, which is why I think people love it so much and think of it as the perfect musical.

Oh yes. t's definitely one of the, if not the, most overrated show of all time. That does not make it bad though, to me the score is epic and memorable, based on a classic book everyone seems to think is "life-changing", it's very emotional and still entertaining, it just pleases everyone. Not to mention that it's helped shoot off careers of some of the most celebrated musical theatre performers (Colm Wilkinson, Lea Salonga, Patti LuPone, Michael Ball, etc.) Yes, people think higher of it than it really is but in my opinion it's still one of the greatest, most legendary of all time, no matter how annoyingly hyped it is. It's become an epitome of Broadway/West End, which is why I think people love it so much and think of it as the perfect musical.

I must admit the songs get super duper stuck in your head. I didn't know the words, but I couldn't stop humming half the tunes, esp I dreamed a dream and master of the house.

Personally, I like funnier musicals. I saw book of Mormon and laughed so hard I cried.