Leggings as pants/trousers, 'classy' or 'trashy'

Okay here I really don't see what the big deal is. Do you wear, let's say, skinny jeans also with boots only? I don't see the difference between leggings and pants when it comes to "covering the ends" :hmm:

I understand the other post... Even skinny jeans are a little thicker than leggings. Jeans a little looser at the bottom so a person's legs don't look deformed, while leggings grip the ankles super tight.

I understand the other post... Even skinny jeans are a little thicker than leggings. Jeans a little looser at the bottom so a person's legs don't look deformed, while leggings grip the ankles super tight.
Depends on the jeans/leggings... But when I see a girl who can really pull them off and she wears them with anything other than boots, I NEVER think her legs would look deformed :lol:

Went grocery shopping with my mum today and this really chubby girl was wearing the thinnest pair of leggings ever with a short top. Aand! She was wearing a thong :(

'twas tres eww

Leggings worn as trousers/pants/whatever were actually banned by the principal in a high school here in Norway, which is quite extreme, things are usually very liberal here (and, to the detriment of any sane onlookers, poor taste is default at that age). A norwegian model overheard someone saying "Norway? Isn't that where trends go to die?" in New York; seeing as it's been a trend or something here for quite a while now, let's hope it will soon be buried in the graveyard of fashion mistakes.

I think they're okay as trousers, depending on what style they are and what you're wearing them with. If they're thick enough that you've not got visible panty line or even worse... just plain visible pants... you should be okay. That said, I don't like them on me, though I might with smaller thighs, but hey, what else is new. :lol:

If they are thick or your top covers your butt/front area it should be fine. I am not a fan of girls wearing them as pants yet they are see through.

I'll explain my thoughts in mathematical terms:

Leggings = Not pants + Leggings = Not tights

which means that

Leggings = An unnecessary addition to any wardrobe

Pants > Leggings if you're wearing a top of any sort

Tights > Leggings if you need extra coverage under something that already covers your ass

Flip Flop weather = Not cold enough to justify extra coverage = Just wear shorts if you're "Hot"

Lastly

Leggings worn with anything that doesn't cover your hooha = I CAN SEE ALL THE LADY THINGS

Therefore

Leggings = Trashy

Burn all leggings, thanks,

I like leggings, but when I grew up for some reason I wore them with super huge t-shirts and side ponytails :confused: It is probably imprinted as 'fashionable' into my brain.

that being said, there is always a more proper way to wear something. A ballgown wouldn't look good dirty, and a camel toe is never appropriate!

I'll explain my thoughts in mathematical terms:

Leggings = Not pants + Leggings = Not tights

which means that

Leggings = An unnecessary addition to any wardrobe

Pants > Leggings if you're wearing a top of any sort

Tights > Leggings if you need extra coverage under something that already covers your ass

Flip Flop weather = Not cold enough to justify extra coverage = Just wear shorts if you're "Hot"

Lastly

Leggings worn with anything that doesn't cover your hooha = I CAN SEE ALL THE LADY THINGS

Therefore

Leggings = Trashy

Burn all leggings, thanks,

*slow clap*

A wonderfully convincing argument, sir!

*slow clap*

A wonderfully convincing argument, sir!

Thank you! I would like to add one last thing... My closing argument, so to speak, to clinch "trashy" FTW.

Lindsay Lohan loves leggings. If you want to know if something is trashy... just ask yourself... "Does Lindsay Lohan love this?", if she does... it's trashy. If she doesn't.. it could STILL be trashy, for full confirmation, ask yourself if a Kardashian loves it.

What I'm saying is, Lindasy Lohan loves leggings. 'Nuff said.

Thank you! I would like to add one last thing... My closing argument, so to speak, to clinch "trashy" FTW.

Lindsay Lohan loves leggings. If you want to know if something is trashy... just ask yourself... "Does Lindsay Lohan love this?", if she does... it's trashy. If she doesn't.. it could STILL be trashy, for full confirmation, ask yourself if a Kardashian loves it.

What I'm saying is, Lindasy Lohan loves leggings. 'Nuff said.

:lol: :highfive:

Definitely trashy.

Although, as someone who lives in the midwest, I wear my leggings quite a bit in the winter under dresses/skirts. Opaque tights just don't keep my legs warm enough. Sometimes, I'll layer the leggings under my jeans for extra warmth, but that's usually only when I'm going to be outside in the cold all day long. Frankly, they're more utilitarian to me than fashionable.

i dont personally wear them as pants. under dresses - sometimes, for yoga, laying around the house with a tshirt on - sure.

But I live in Italy, there are no 'rules' but most people wouldnt leave the house in leggings and flip flops.

When i read gossip mags, i see so many young famous girls going out to get starbucks or whatever crappy coffee substitute it is that you drink over there and they are in leggings, flip flops, gym clothes ect.

I find it incredible how underdressed people can be in other parts of the world. If i walked to the corner store to get milk or grab a coffee in flip flops and leggings as pants, I would be stared at.

I love Europe :luv:

Reactions: 1 users
When i read gossip mags, i see so many young famous girls going out to get starbucks or whatever crappy coffee substitute it is that you drink over there

I love Europe :luv:

tumblr_m2c0dq6LZM1rqfhi2o1_500.gif