Lee Radziwill

L

lepetitprince

I saw her a lot on NYTimes and Financial Times. I adore her style. She is a remarkable woman and a lifelong inspiration for grace and power.
What makes me admire her more is that she has to work hard to stay that tiny. According to Jackie's autobiography, her little sister Lee grew up as the chubby girl and their mother obviously favored Jackie more for that reason. Lee asked Jackie how to lose weight when she was a young teenager, and Jackie told her to smoke.
OeT9OXW.jpg

CdyXBVp.jpg

She then grew up to be a more stunning beauty than Jackie, clearly lost all "baby fat" by hard work and remarkable discipline:
EyzeGhk.jpg

zZ5jSSw.jpg

D2Vmqvw.jpg

d3aqK9c.jpg

She ages beautifully.
DTIs1R9.jpg

YZCfgt0.jpg

Kyl21qK.jpg

gTiEB1d.jpg

Background info:
"Lee Radziwill, or Caroline Lee Bouvier (born March 3, 1933), is an American socialite, public relations executive, interior decorator, and former actress. She is the younger sister of the late First Lady, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, and sister-in-law of President John F. Kennedy. She was named to the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame in 1996." -quote from Wikipedia

An interview on NYTimes magazine: (black coffee in a Parisian cafe :p)
http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/the-real-lee-radziwill/?_r=0

Her T magazine interview on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yigFNq_cXxs

I really like her voice and she still has that spark of life. Cheers for eternal beauty.

Reactions: 1 users
She is so elegant and beautiful. An example of aging beautifully whilst skinny! Many say that the older you get, you need more fat to remain looking good; she proves this isn't truly the case.

Oh wow, great thread! I love seeing women, iconic and powerful women, who are just as dedicated to their figure as they are to their influential lives.

lee8.jpg

with an adorable pug:
lee1.jpg

those cheekbones:
lee12.png

with jackie: They look so similar! And Lee looks just so delicate here :luv:
lee13.jpg

fb9d23562921c8ff3699daeab041226b.jpg

lee-radziwill-aint-them-bodies-saints-new_3815173.jpg

ca6aa8c27f9d2687de4bc3a7f59b031a.jpg

On a related note, it makes me so sad when mothers have favorites based on weight/image. :(

@RoseOfSteel:
Lovely photos! She looks like a delicate butterfly in luxurious yet simple clothing/jewelry. The way she presents herself add to the value of things she put on.

I didn't quite catch what you mean by the last sentence... did you mean mothers tend to favor curvier figures?

P.S. I adore your name :) A woman can be feminine & blossoms la vie en rose yet has a willpower of steel inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RoseOfSteel:
Lovely photos! She looks like a delicate butterfly in luxurious yet simple clothing/jewelry. The way she presents herself add to the value of things she put on.

I didn't quite catch what you mean by the last sentence... did you mean mothers tend to favor curvier figures?

P.S. I adore your name :) A woman can be feminine & blossoms la vie en rose yet has a willpower of steel inside.

Not that mothers "tend" to favor a certain figure, just that it makes me so sad when that happens. Like when mothers let their daughters know (intentionally or not) that their affection (not necessarily love) is contingent upon their weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that mothers "tend" to favor a certain figure, just that it makes me so sad when that happens. Like when mothers let their daughters know (intentionally or not) that their affection (not necessarily love) is contingent upon their weight.
Thank you for your patient explanation :kiss: I get what you meant there.
It made me sad when I read about it too- Jackie was considered a beauty from the beginning and got all the attention from both of their parents while Lee was the awkward little sister in the family.

Thank you for your patient explanation :kiss: I get what you meant there.
It made me sad when I read about it too- Jackie was considered a beauty from the beginning and got all the attention from both of their parents while Lee was the awkward little sister in the family.

Exactly! But that is too common in wealthy/powerful families. The daughter that is more likely to succeed (in this case, marry well) gets the attention.

Exactly! But that is too common in wealthy/powerful families. The daughter that is more likely to succeed (in this case, marry well) gets the attention.
It made sense logically, but the psychological effect on the neglected ones seem to be two extremes? Some, like Lee, choose to strive harder for a better outcome while others choose to let their insecurities defeat them.
I'm glad Lee R enjoys her life now. She earned it all.

Oh wow, great thread! I love seeing women, iconic and powerful women, who are just as dedicated to their figure as they are to their influential lives.

lee8.jpg

with an adorable pug:
lee1.jpg

those cheekbones:
lee12.png

]

:(

She's such a beaut :luv:

I appreciate skinny more on those who work hard for it for some reason- its so admirable :) love the deep slow voice also :lol:

ZOOEY​