Leather satchel

Agytha

Rising Star
May 8, 2012
Australia/the world
Hi all!

I'm pretty keen on getting a structured leather satchel but have heard some mixed reviews and are after some opinions from you lovely ladies :)

Personal requirements:
-size: big; I carry a lot around with me!
-colour: I'm quite open to suggestions! I already have a lot of black bags so Im leaning towards navy, tan, red, oxblood or a combination of any of those; I'm even a bit partial to pastel blue but am worried about keeping it clean and going with enough of my wardrobe for daily use.

I quite like the Cambridge batchel. It's 15" and has both a top handle and a shoulder strap.
cambridgebatchel.jpg

Also, the Cambridge backpack. Also 15" but, as mentioned, with a backpack!
tumblr_ln6yz78KL21ql0boho1_400.jpg

Here's the pastel blue:
Cambridge-Satchel-Company-Pastels-Blue.jpg

I quite like the idea of the embossing :shy: but I can't decide how many initials I want on there :lol:

There's also a brand called The Leather Satchel Company which makes identical bags but you can pick any colour/size/customisation.

There's also Mulberry:
Oversized Alexa (every man and his dog seems to own haha but I do like it)
a bit softer design; 15"; top handle and shoulder strap.
mulberry_alexa_l.jpg

And the amazing Proenza Schouler...
15.5"; top handle and strap; again, a softer design.
PROE-WY32_V1.jpg

So, my loves, what do you think? Help me! I'm agonising! Haha!

I would love-love-love your opinions and if you have any other suggestions, please suggest away!!! :kiss:

Thank you in advance! :luv:

Those are all adorable Agytha! I have had something very similar to the 4th one down but in black. Eventually I gave it to my sister though since I have become obsessed with smaller handbags/cross body bags. I really loovveeee the last one..color, size, shape, everything is so cute.

Here's my favorite by "frye" (nordstrom)
_6926038.jpg

It also comes in a yellow color

Here's 'The Lola' by Marc Jacobs (kind of pricey though)- this one is amazing and I love the navy blue.

_7267307.jpg

_7267055.jpg

_7267309.jpg

:luv:

Reactions: 1 user
I hv never really understood the hype of the leather satchel company- everyone I know has it. Including my flatmate in lilac. Satchel with the backpack just looks weird.

I'd personally go for the more understated one if the price wasn't an issue, the Proenza Schouler.

Might I also suggest Urban Code for a decent quality satchel? Those things last and you can dump just about anything in there (text books, laptop, stationary ect) [but I can't seem to find it online anymore..].

The bag looks something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Urbancode-Womens-Uc271-Shoulder-Almond/dp/B005257DJY

Might I also suggest Urban Code for a decent quality satchel? Those things last and you can dump just about anything in there (text books, laptop, stationary ect) [but I can't seem to find it online anymore..].

The bag looks something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Urbancode-Womens-Uc271-Shoulder-Almond/dp/B005257DJY

Hmm, not exactly my cup of tea, honestly :) I think it's the shape? I, pesonally, prefer bags with a little more structure. I'm all for practicality but aesthetics also play a major role in my decision :)

Those are all adorable Agytha! I have had something very similar to the 4th one down but in black. Eventually I gave it to my sister though since I have become obsessed with smaller handbags/cross body bags. I really loovveeee the last one..color, size, shape, everything is so cute.

Here's my favorite by "frye" (nordstrom)

It also comes in a yellow color

Here's 'The Lola' by Marc Jacobs (kind of pricey though)- this one is amazing and I love the navy blue.

:luv:

:luv: These are loveeeeeely! I don't know if you've made my decision easier or harder ;) :lol:

:luv: I love @Xsmall suggestions. I might look into the Marc Jacobs one for myself, thanks for the idea. I personally prefer those to the Cambridge ones for 2 reasons a) too many people have them b) They look like they could fall apart easily, looks a little cheap in my opinion.

@Agytha hope you find your perfect satchel. :kiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Oh my gosh... Look at the colours... :luv:

The suede in the large and extra large are really gorgeous too, but I want it to be durable/long-lasting, which suede typically isn't. :hmm:

Oh my... I died a little. Lol, I love the midnight color! (I have soft spot for navy blue)

I also love those Fendi peekaboos... The black one with the touch of hot pink is so chic!

Hmm, not exactly my cup of tea, honestly :) I think it's the shape? I, pesonally, prefer bags with a little more structure. I'm all for practicality but aesthetics also play a major role in my decision :)

Lol, I said it looks similar, not really the bag I have. Trust me, it's a tad more structured :)

The proenza schouler bag is heavenly, I'm literally drooling on the saddle one (it would go with everything, and be ever so convenient)

Not too sure about the fendi bag, seems like too... old? I'd expect a 30 year old to carry it tbh.

Drools on this one : http://fashionfinder.asos.com/womens-PROENZA-SCHOULER/Black-PS1-Medium-Python-Satchel-2059157

Lol, I said it looks similar, not really the bag I have. Trust me, it's a tad more structured :)

The proenza schouler bag is heavenly, I'm literally drooling on the saddle one (it would go with everything, and be ever so convenient)

Not too sure about the fendi bag, seems like too... old? I'd expect a 30 year old to carry it tbh.

Get a PS! You know you want to ;) haha!

I have a soft spot for the Peekaboo style, admittedly because it reminds me somewhat of more fashionable version of a bag my grandma owned :lol: I think it really depends on how you style it.

I'm definitely leaning further towards the PS (in fact, I may have already made a few calls :sneaky:).

Get a PS! You know you want to ;) haha!

I have a soft spot for the Peekaboo style, admittedly because it reminds me somewhat of more fashionable version of a bag my grandma owned :lol: I think it really depends on how you style it.

I'm definitely leaning further towards the PS (in fact, I may have already made a few calls :sneaky:).

I'd go for the python one... (sways.. and then faints).

BUT
I literally have too many snakeskin items... (waits for animal lovers to attack me)