Lara Stone

How does she work if she's an alcoholic? I've never seen a full blown alcoholic with a stable job...
From what I understand, there are different levels of alcoholism. She doesn't drink at work, I know this for sure. Yet, she can't stop drinking when she starts. She's incredibly professional and makes a ton of money.

Alcohol consumption in calories confuses me. My coworker is quite overweight, but in the 5 years I've worked closely with her, not once has she grabbed a bagel when she was running late, or so much have eaten a fast food meal at work. She eats like a bird, and it's ALWAYS healthy. She is an alcoholic though. Her sister swears she doesn't binge when she gets home, but is just as confused at her weight as I am. Isn't a calorie a calorie?

I believe that alcohol calories do behave differently to calories from nutritious food, although I'm not certain of how exactly this works, but apart from that, it's incredibly easy to consume a vast amount of calories from alcohol. I worked in bars and restaurants for years and the amount some men and women drank on a regular (every evening) basis was horrifying.

I still believe that waitressing until I was in my early 30's is one reason I didn't gain weight in my 20's, because instead of drinking after work, I was running around the restaurant floor and usually had time for only one glass of wine after I'd finished, instead of several.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, but the having a baby excuse doesn't work anymore. I've had one and I didn't look a thing like that even a month after! And shame on Chanel for putting her on the runway....she's in Kate Upton category now:superpuke:.

Reactions: 4 users
@Ginger_Red
Does your coworker say she's an alcoholic herself? And how often does she drink? Daily?

In my experience, 'real' alcoholics (as opposed to people who like to drink) tend to look haggard and slim. Partly because they consume the hard stuff (relatively low in cals), partly because they forget to eat while drinking.

Reactions: 1 user
@Ginger_Red
Does your coworker say she's an alcoholic herself? And how often does she drink? Daily?

In my experience, 'real' alcoholics (as opposed to people who like to drink) tend to look haggard and slim. Partly because they consume the hard stuff (relatively low in cals), partly because they forget to eat while drinking.
She's been in and out of AA most of her adult life.

@Ginger_Red

My experiences too.
My hometown/ village has an awfully high numbers of female alcoholics and they are all very slim and haggard expect their bloated faces. A former colleague of my Mama died aged 37, she was also addicted to alcohol and super thin. It was sad to witness.

In my hometown, there are also a lot of alcoholics and I'm 100% sure that an alcohol calorie is not equal to a food calorie, at least not if you're an alcoholic. I don't know what it does to your body, but I'd say about 75% of alcoholics I know are extremely thin and haggard despite eating a somewhat normal amount of calories alongside drinking alcohol.

My mother said she spotted them buying their bottles, but never huge amount of foods in the stores. They are very careful hiding it. But they are so depp into it that it is obvious. I can't see how these women prepare a lunch or make a dinner. Their lunch/ their dinner is alcohol. And that can't be lot of calories considering they are still somehow 'active' and not hungry at all.

@Ginger_Red

I've heard a doctor explain there are two kinds of alcoholics
a. Wine, beer & cocktail heavy drinkers-usually they are overweight because these drinks are drunk in association to greasy or sweet food and they are also heavy in calories.
b. spirits drinkers-skinny because they don't feel the need to eat anymore and don't take care of themselves

Versace couture
_VER1163.jpg

^ looks like a sport bra with a sport tank. Looks like those fat women at their first gym class. If I were in her I'd feel ridiculous

Reactions: 2 users
She should not be allowed to wear white- it just accentuates how large she has become. What were they thinking, putting her in this dress!
Maybe it was the only thing that they could manage to squeeze her in. She would have literally destroyed the red dress behind her.

She looked even worse and miserable during a photoshoot 2 weeks ago,

7,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...swimwear-shoot-bunny-ears-Miami.html#comments

You know you have let yourself go too far when DailyMail readers call you average.
"Flaunted her flat stomach"?

I hate the way these articles are written too. It pains me to imagine a journalist being paid to write thousands of words of this honestly. It's so repetitive, sensationalized, and a thesaurus was probably abused in the process of each sentence's formation. :disgusted:

Reactions: 6 users