Lana Del Rey

I read that she's the new face of Versace...don't know if it's true though.

Hopefully not, I was hoping for Karlie to get the campaign :(

I read that she's the new face of Versace...don't know if it's true though.

Hopefully not, I was hoping for Karlie to get the campaign :(

Well that would be sad, since I personally can't stand her face :nervous:

Well that would be sad, since I personally can't stand her face :nervous:

agreed. i feel like to be the face of something, that something has to be a part of your identity whether that's in a career or cultural sense. and that really just doesn't hit home to me with her...

agreed. i feel like to be the face of something, that something has to be a part of your identity whether that's in a career or cultural sense. and that really just doesn't hit home to me with her...

I don't know if this is what you were referring to, but I feel similar, like the whole thing with her style. I don't think it's genuine, I think she's been marketed this way because it's attractive to fans to like someone who has this whole Vintage edge thing. I don't think she actually has a huge interest in the 60's, its music or its fashion, why else would she have been channeling the 40's six months ago? I dunno, I just don't get it. Give it to someone who deserves it. Someone seen wearing Vintage Versace on a regular basis if that's what they're going for. I thought Lady GaGa looked horrific in the Liz Hurley dress but I'm surprised she didn't get it. Last time I looked, her and Donatella looked like BFF's. :rolleyes:

I am sorry, but this girl annoys me...no matter where I wait for the bus or the subway she is there with her ugly nails and strange hair and I mean EVERYWHERE...H&M campaign...gah...I already started to say to myself "Oh no not you again" when I see those huge bills with her in those shiny leggings. At one busstop someone glued a moustache on her face, that was funny :grin:

I don´t even know who she is really. Some singer it seems. Does she want to be the next Amy Winehouse? She comes across like a bad copy at least in all these advertisements ;)

I watched, maybe 2 minutes of her perform, on the television and I found her movements awkward. I don't know if that's her shtick or if that's just her. Not a fan.

I love her music but her face screams plastic surgery and her body is OK but not thinspo. I still love her though :luv:

I watched, maybe 2 minutes of her perform, on the television and I found her movements awkward. I don't know if that's her shtick or if that's just her. Not a fan.

That's just her.

tumblr_mbx3qrzMlZ1r8jiqao1_400.gif

• Funny
Reactions: 1 user
Aside from being kinda average, denying an obvious cosmetic surgery and being a really timid and awkward performer...

Her voice is heavenly. I love it. :luv:

A bit of a face appearance to me and her fashion style seems forced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a carefully-chosen product to be marketed. Sorry if this seems too harsh, but I know from someone who had a job for 20+ years at a major music label that singers are treated as a product, and are carefully marketed. Obviously the execs found someone who could fulfil the "soft grunge" tumblr teenager's needs quite well.
:run:

Just a carefully-chosen product to be marketed. Sorry if this seems too harsh, but I know from someone who had a job for 20+ years at a major music label that singers are treated as a product, and are carefully marketed. Obviously the execs found someone who could fulfil the "soft grunge" tumblr teenager's needs quite well.

:bow:

:highfive:

I love her music - it does annoy me a bit how she so "I haven't had any plastic surgery!!!!!!" when if you compare photos from when she was "Lizzie Grant" to now, it's quite obvious. Also, people's lip swell doesn't generally go halfway up your nose. ;) but that doesn't stop me liking her music :)

I googled-it and agree. :wtf:
images

• Agree
I googled-it and agree. :wtf:
images

That's the thing - if someone wants to get cosmetic surgery, it is entirely up to them... But stating "oh, no.... I didn't do anything..." when it is so blatantly obvious, is just taking your entire fan-base and contemporary culture on a whole for fools. :rolleyes:

• Agree
That's the thing - if someone wants to get cosmetic surgery, it is entirely up to them... But stating "oh, no.... I didn't do anything..." when it is so blatantly obvious, is just taking your entire fan-base and contemporary culture on a whole for fools. :rolleyes:

She sure fooled me; I never had the slightest suspicion someone would PAY to look so weird. Google cleared that up in a hot minute. What a moron!