Lady gaga

FYI in her videos she admits to the editing team elongating the picture i.e making everything appear leaner and taller.

I love how the people on charge of her videos go to huge lengths to NOT make her look short - making sure they get just the right angles etc

I think pictures of her are a more accurate source IMHO

+1 I totally agree with you!

I don't think so. She always looked skinny in tabloids as well during her ultra skinny periods. But I don't think body shopping is a common practice in music videos. Angles, lighting, make-up, yes. Bodyshopping, no.

Especially since in order to achieve that you would have to digitally body swap, which could be done but if there is ever any "in the makings of" for music videos where you can visually see the person you would be able to tell if they were dramatically fatter or not. Not to say it couldn't be done with CG effects like in Captain America, but even that was relatively new for its time in 2011 and it alone probably costs more than any video budget could ever afford. Here is an article you can read on the process: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040631

Besides, tabloids and naysayers would have a field day if that was true. If anyone has any proof of this besides hearsay please show me.

Well, there was a time I was obsessed with Gaga because I saw her " skinny" in her videoclips and I wanted to know if she could really be my "thinspo", so I looked everywhere on google " Gaga skinny" and I only found pics of her skinny in her videoclips but NOT IN CANDIDS. I went to her fansite galleries and I SAW ALL HER PICS FROM HER ON TOUR AND CANDIDS and she LOOKED MUCH BIGGER than on her videos. I saw MANY PICS and spent many hours in her galleries, so it's not like I did some "stupid google research" about it. I even took the time to see LIVE VIDS from her on youtube in good quality from those so called "skinnier Gaga times", but nah, still quite meaty-lol

Aug 18, 2012

wsusrb.jpg

BTW-This one was from the same day, I think..
20ffb7t.jpg

Well, there was a time I was obsessed with Gaga because I saw her " skinny" in her videoclips and I wanted to know if she could really be my "thinspo", so I looked everywhere on google " Gaga skinny" and I only found pics of her skinny in her videoclips but NOT IN CANDIDS. I went to her fansite galleries and I SAW ALL HER PICS FROM HER ON TOUR AND CANDIDS and she LOOKED MUCH BIGGER than on her videos. I saw MANY PICS and spent many hours in her galleries, so it's not like I did some "stupid google research" about it. I even took the time to see LIVE VIDS from her on youtube in good quality from those so called "skinnier Gaga times", but nah, still quite meaty-lol

No offense but I don't think you were looking in right places. Although I am much more calmed down I used to be a ridiculously big "little monster", I liked her way back in 2008 when she did concerts in venues that barely held 200. Anyway, I used to be pretty active in the Tumblr community where seriously every single pic of her ever taken was posted ( the fans on tumblr are their own special of crazy hardcore, I had to get out, it was getting ridiculous but they had EVERYTHING on her the second it came out, everything). I agree with you that the majority of the time she looks thicker. I actually think that she's naturally thicker so her ideal weight without trying to stay skinny would be thicker around a size 4-6. However she does in fact yo-yo weight quite often (you can tell just from pics in this thread) and has admitted to disordered eating. So while I wouldn't call her ideal thinspo I wouldn't doubt her being that skinny in videos. She's relaxed a bit since her start but its well known in the fandom (god help me I just said fandom) that during her fame monster phase she was crazy religious about her dancing and would practice 6+ hours a day and fire dancers left and right for not being good enough while on a diet of pretty much nothing but alcohol, so it would make sense why she used to be so thin.

Here is a pic of her modeling for Thierry Mugler:
tumblr_lnh1u1PT541qcxtm5o1_500.png

Also here is a video as well, you can see her around the 1 min mark modeling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD7xGAhjtq0 This is around the time she began to gain back weight from her Born This Way video

Another pic of her with a bit more weight on her but still skinnier:
tumblr_lmvd14k3xP1qb8ntmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m92e63bdlf1rwnmujo1_500.jpg

Skinny-Lady-Gaga.jpg

The last pic shes about 5 pounds heavier than she was in her BTW video. I don't doubt camera angles and makeup working their slimming magic but she wasn't the weight of the pictures you keep posting now back then.

To these new pictures posted by @peruviangirl:

New hair... is awful. I'm a redhead myself and love redheads, but it doesn't fit her. (Well, it's more of a reddish brown, isn't it?) And that platinum blonde straind of hair looks stupid.

Also: I never noticed how short and bulky she is than in these last two pictures. She looks... clinched...

Last edited by a moderator:
To these new pictures posted by @peruviangirl:

New hair... is awful. I'm a redhead myself and love redheads, but it doesn't fit her. (Well, it's more of a reddish brown, isn't it?) And that platinum blonde straind of hair looks stupid.

Also: I never noticed how short and bulky she is than in these last two pictures. She looks... clinched...

I actually like the new hair. There hasn't been a hairstyle she's had I didn't think she could pull off yet. But I agree her body looks horrid in these new pictures.

I'm thinking she just stopped giving a damn about her looks as much as she did in the beginning. There was a time you did not see her in heels that weren't 5+ inches minimum and everything she wore elongated her body as shes only 5'1". She's been dressing down a lot more these days and associating with trash like Lohan. I hope she can get her shit together soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
So apparently Lady Gaga tries Mileys diet: gluten free. She wants to lose 10lbs in a month. Read it here.
A little weightloss after this
5upi1.jpg
wouldn't hurt.... :whistling:

She is..just...no.
I don't care what people say about her being "unique" and "quirky" she is plain weird, vulgar and without an ounce of class. And those pics of her in those tights and black underwear? Seriously, is that really attractive to other people? I just don't see it. With thighs like those she should be in the takedowns.

I know she lacks class, dignity and she's a plain weirdo. But I love her for being a weirdo. She has guts. I don't care about her body, but I do love her music (which is surprising to me because I'm more into hard rock, Broadway show tunes and classical music). She was kind of my favorite singer two years ago as well as a thinspo (she used to be so thin in Telephone!)... And she's coming to Peru!!! :luv: I'll be there. Definitley. And I think I'll cry a little.
Lady_Gaga_Gif_by_NINO16.gif

She seems to be gaining a lot of weight recently.. .___.

Pity, I quite like her.D; And theres some things shes worn that I genuinely want.>__>

I know she lacks class, dignity and she's a plain weirdo. But I love her for being a weirdo. She has guts. I don't care about her body, but I do love her music (which is surprising to me because I'm more into hard rock, Broadway show tunes and classical music). She was kind of my favorite singer two years ago as well as a thinspo (she used to be so thin in Telephone!)... And she's coming to Peru!!! :luv: I'll be there. Definitley. And I think I'll cry a little.
Lady_Gaga_Gif_by_NINO16.gif

Sorry to disappoint you but she was never as thin as she appeared in her Telephone video !!! She's been videoshopped MANY TIMES....