Kendall Jenner

050714_MET_BALL_BANNER_2_650x320.jpg

0b13eefb-c4e1-47e8-9f20-6263c1d1ebf1-460x276.jpeg

When she took a photo by herself she doesn't look bad but when she stands next to Toni and Jourdan she looks like that shorter, annoying friend or little sis who seems to always tag along uninvited. Oh Jenner, just a little tip; don't stand next to the professional models when you're a not-so-hot amateur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kendall Jenner 'to appear in next issue of Vogue'

"...She will be just 18-year-old when she makes her big debut appearance in the popular periodical.
According to E, she was recently photographed by Patrick Demarchelier for the forthcoming feature inside the magazine.
...Sean Penn's daughter Dylan, whose mother is actress Robin Wright, is also said to be featuring after shots of her were taken by the same snapper."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Jenner-appear-issue-Vogue.html#ixzz31eNL38G7

Kendall Jenner 'to appear in next issue of Vogue'

"...She will be just 18-year-old when she makes her big debut appearance in the popular periodical.
According to E, she was recently photographed by Patrick Demarchelier for the forthcoming feature inside the magazine.
...Sean Penn's daughter Dylan, whose mother is actress Robin Wright, is also said to be featuring after shots of her were taken by the same snapper."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Jenner-appear-issue-Vogue.html#ixzz31eNL38G7

:wtf:
I know Vogue has gone downhill, but using Kendall Jenner?
We all know Kim and Kanye had NOTHING to do with that :facepalm:

Don't like the girl, don't like the family. However, based on her recent appearances (i.e. not coachella), I seriously commend her for trying to come across as a classy individual. At least she's attempting to not take the Kim K approach to making a name for yourself. Of course she's still associated with cheap fame whoring, but it makes sense to use your connections to give yourself a boost if you're in her situation, at least she doesn't have her ass out in a calendar yet.

Don't like the girl, don't like the family. However, based on her recent appearances (i.e. not coachella), I seriously commend her for trying to come across as a classy individual. At least she's attempting to not take the Kim K approach to making a name for yourself. Of course she's still associated with cheap fame whoring, but it makes sense to use your connections to give yourself a boost if you're in her situation, at least she doesn't have her ass out in a calendar yet.

I agree with this so much. I am not her biggest fan and I think she's very far from being model material, but she's the only member of that family that isn't personally pushing for fame and success using the family name or whoring out her 'Kardashian' body. I do, however, think that her mother and Kim/Kanye are pulling strings in the industry for her (whether she's asking for it or not) and I don't really like that.
She could so easily refuse to do anything that isn't blue chip and have her mother buy her entire career for her but she seems willing to do actual work, and I think that's rare considering the egotistical environment she has been raised in.

I agree with this so much. I am not her biggest fan and I think she's very far from being model material, but she's the only member of that family that isn't personally pushing for fame and success using the family name or whoring out her 'Kardashian' body. I do, however, think that her mother and Kim/Kanye are pulling strings in the industry for her (whether she's asking for it or not) and I don't really like that.
She could so easily refuse to do anything that isn't blue chip and have her mother buy her entire career for her but she seems willing to do actual work, and I think that's rare considering the egotistical environment she has been raised in.

The problem is that she is still pushing for fame and success using her family name… just in a different way. Fashion instead of reality TV. And if she wasn't a Kardashian, she would never be where she is now- no Cannes, no Vogue, no Met Gala, nothing. Had she had the same opportunities as majority of models, she would never even be seen anywhere near a runway.
She might be more stylish and elegant than the rest of her family, but truthfully, it is not a difficult feat to achieve. She appears to be an example of a kid who heard her whole life: "oh, you're such a tall pretty girl, you should model", and decided to go for it (after all modeling does seem glamorous, and another way to stay in the spotlight and live the fun life, while appearing to be working).

I can't blame her for doing what she's doing, but she should just choose: either being a celebrity and using her family name to get things (not a bad option), or if she wants to seriously achieve anything for herself, she should just drop the weight and really try to have some success on her own.
Right now she's trying to do both, and it's not working.

The problem is that she is still pushing for fame and success using her family name… just in a different way. Fashion instead of reality TV. And if she wasn't a Kardashian, she would never be where she is now- no Cannes, no Vogue, no Met Gala, nothing. Had she had the same opportunities as majority of models, she would never even be seen anywhere near a runway.
She might be more stylish and elegant than the rest of her family, but truthfully, it is not a difficult feat to achieve. She appears to be an example of a kid who heard her whole life: "oh, you're such a tall pretty girl, you should model", and decided to go for it (after all modeling does seem glamorous, and another way to stay in the spotlight and live the fun life, while appearing to be working).

I can't blame her for doing what she's doing, but she should just choose: either being a celebrity and using her family name to get things (not a bad option), or if she wants to seriously achieve anything for herself, she should just drop the weight and really try to have some success on her own.
Right now she's trying to do both, and it's not working.

I'm just happy she's not going down that same old boring reality tv/socialite route that the rest of them have taken. I don't think I could handle another awful television show about that family (I hate them). I think everyone knows that her family is the reason she even has a chance to be a model, after all, she is nothing more than an average bodied pretty girl.

I agree 100%, she should choose a path. I think her mother, her agency and whoever else has input are trying to market her as a socialite/model, very much like Cara D. It's frustrating that she says she wants to be a model but wont fully commit to the lifestyle and make sacrifices. I said before that she is willing to do what mediocre work is asked of her, in hindsight I think it's 'cause she isn't being offered anything big on her own merit, and I believe that is because she wont choose what career path she wants.

I think that there are people that see her potential as a commercial model, she's someone with a legion of braindead followers that will buy anything her/her family endorse, and that is her appeal. After all, the majority of the work she gets (events, magazines, etc) are the kind that rely on established celebrities and household names to boost sales and create media hype.

At the end of the day she's the least irritating of her family, but she's still annoying.

It makes sense from her standpoint, definitely, but it still annoys me, because, even more so than Cara, she wouldn't have had a foot in the door without the connections. And instead of focusing on fitting to industry standards, she's not watching her weight at all. Squandering opportunity that many would kill for.

That said, she could easily be way, way trashier than she is.

Sidebar regarding her Cannes appearance: mommy arms aside, I really genuinely love the dress she (or her stylist) chose. It's very pretty.

I think that there are people that see her potential as a commercial model, she's someone with a legion of braindead followers that will buy anything her/her family endorse, and that is her appeal. After all, the majority of the work she gets (events, magazines, etc) are the kind that rely on established celebrities and household names to boost sales and create media hype.

At the end of the day she's the least irritating of her family, but she's still annoying.

So true. She's trying to break out of the mould, but alas, she'll always have that Kardashian/Jenner taint. That said, like you pointed out, by her associations alone, she can push product, and commercially minded people are taking notice of that. For example if you look at the comments here: http://insideout.topshop.com/2014/05/topshop-at-the-met-gala

Half of them are "How can I buy the dress which Kendall Jenner wore to the Met Gala?" 1 person asked where to buy Toni's dress, none asked to buy Jourdan's, even though they looked miles better. I guess that's why there's rumours that she's going to be named the new face of Topshop.

In the end, my biggest problem isn't with her (she's just making the most of a sweet deal), it's more so with a world where people like Kendall and the rest if the Kardashian Klan appeal so immensely to the unwashed masses.

Must be the family genes. She had decent legs (helped that they are long) and looked fine to me when she was out and about wearing those stupid high rise skinnies with the tiny tank tops. Anyway, it looks like her body is transforming, not just gaining. Reminds me of brazilian women: they have stick legs and no hips up until 17/18. Then bam! Hips and ass galore (My brother and I have several contradicting hypothesis).
Brazilians are of partial armenian ancestry. The Kardashians have armenian heritage, right? PURE LOGIC;)

God her modelling career seemed almost plausible for a while there when she was losing and getting classier.

But now she's just falling back instep with her sisters which is such a shame. I think she had some potential if harnessed.

It must be hard though being surrounded by people who are consumed by the 'need' to be famous and will risk their dignity just for fame and money .

I do feel she seems more genuine than the others with a good head on her shoulders.

Her sister Kylie however must have a serious inferiority complex 'in sisters shadow' because all her pictures are attention seeking and quite whorish for a 16 yr old [emoji53]

Bare in mind this is just deduced from their instagrams. I don't watch the show because if I want to watch whales I go to the Nature Life chanel.

Reactions: 1 user
Apologies for the minor rant.

God her modelling career seemed almost plausible for a while there when she was losing and getting classier.

But now she's just falling back instep with her sisters which is such a shame. I think she had some potential if harnessed.

It must be hard though being surrounded by people who are consumed by the 'need' to be famous and will risk their dignity just for fame and money .

I do feel she seems more genuine than the others with a good head on her shoulders.

Her sister Kylie however must have a serious inferiority complex 'in sisters shadow' because all her pictures are attention seeking and quite whorish for a 16 yr old [emoji53]

Bare in mind this is just deduced from their instagrams. I don't watch the show because if I want to watch whales I go to the Nature Life chanel.

Everything you wrote is spot on.
I think she's the least attention seeking, but that isn't saying much considering the lengths that family will go to for fame and money. She had the best chance of any of them to forge a semi decent career away from reality tv, but she's thrown it all away I think. Kylie, on the other hand, is going to end up just like Kim. I know that kids these days grow up quickly, but I've never seen a 16 year old look and act so much older than their age. Its kinda disturbing and I think that she's the reflection of the fucked up parenting/dynamics/priorities in that family.

Even if she forgot her contacts how do you forget who you're presenting (assuming this was her only job that night)? I agree about it being publicity, otherwise no one would have remembered her being there.