Kendall Jenner

they do get that intro message from SG

Lurk more lol

for young kids this is probably theyre first foray into forums. If they're American, they may have used reddit before, but I'm not sure what European internet is like and forums are nothing like any of the popular social media that kids use these days. Im not saying it gives them an excuse to ignore the rules they've been sent, but I think we need to be more explicit in our instruction. If we have two orientation posts that need to be combined, make it clear in each post because that's is unusual for any forum.

I don't think 'kids' are using this site, but the young people using SGF (I'd guess youngest starting at teen years, 16ish?) have grown up in the digital age anyway and thus are in close contact with the internet & such and know how to use them. And DW Europeans use Reddit and mainstream media as much as Americans do :lol: Anyway I beg to differ; I think it's just newbie enthusiasm paired with not knowing the culture (e.g. hierarchy and pecking order) in SGF. And some of the runts are just trolls.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Lurk more lol

I don't think 'kids' are using this site, but the young people using SGF (I'd guess youngest starting at teen years, 16ish?) have grown up in the digital age anyway and thus are in close contact with the internet & such and know how to use them. And DW Europeans use Reddit and mainstream media as much as Americans do :lol: Anyway I beg to differ; I think it's just newbie enthusiasm paired with not knowing the culture (e.g. hierarchy and pecking order) in SGF. And some of the runts are just trolls.

I know SG isn't around any more. I was just trying to give details about what intro message I was talking about. Im also not sorry that I dont remember every post on this forum. I truly don't remember where most of you are from or anyone's specific age. I just know I have personally been called out for being rude to an international girl over something asinine that I said so I try to be more ~aware~ now.

I dont necessarily disagree with anything you or @proseccoprincess said.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, I never thought I would be defending newbies but do they only get the pinned FT Orientation or do they get messaged the SG "getting started" one as well? The new one thats pinned in the Rules & Announcement section doesn't make any mention of an introduction post on unless its in one of the links. If it is in one of the links, that's probably a bad design because we've deemed it super important. The getting started message i have from SG is so outdated that im not sure it would be sent out anymore.

Unpopular opinion, but maybe if this many rookies are messing up then the orientation message is bad. If they do get that intro message from SG maybe make it clear that they have to use both the message and pinned post to be successful in the pinned post. I wouldn't chalk it up to being dumb either, Im a pretty forum savvy person, because im kind of old at this point, but for young kids this is probably theyre first foray into forums. If they're American, they may have used reddit before, but I'm not sure what European internet is like and forums are nothing like any of the popular social media that kids use these days. Im not saying it gives them an excuse to ignore the rules they've been sent, but I think we need to be more explicit in our instruction. If we have two orientation posts that need to be combined, make it clear in each post because that's is unusual for any forum.

I joined fairly recently and can vouch for the clarity of the introduction message. The message clearly states that there needs to be an gratitude post AND an introduction post. I also have never participated in a forum before SG, but I would say that the instructions are very explicit and leave no room for self interpretation.

• Agree
Reactions: 13 users
I joined fairly recently and can vouch for the clarity of the introduction message. The message clearly states that there needs to be an gratitude post AND an introduction post. I also have never participated in a forum before SG, but I would say that the instructions are very explicit and leave no room for self interpretation.

Thanks for the information. I'll go crawl back from where I came from for ever doubting FT

• Funny
Reactions: 1 users
@Kit I'm pretty sure @FashionThin has updated the intro message and sends it from her account

Correct.

2wQl2mx.png

If a runt is too dumb to understand that, maybe she shouldn't be a member here. I don't particularly want our members to be the average redditors/proana Twitter users. Furthermore, I don't get why anyone expects us to care about the opinions of a newbie who hasn't even introduced herself, so it's pretty common sense.

Yip, I'm sorry but if someone doesn't have the brains and/or attention span to make it to #4 in a list that's only 7 items long, what's the chances they will be a good member? :tribe:

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 8 users
Thanks for the information. I'll go crawl back from where I came from for ever doubting FT

FWIW I am open minded about how to improve initiation without catering to idiots. Making it smoother isn't necessarily bad, but it can be a good filter.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
FWIW I am open minded about how to improve initiation without catering to idiots. Making it smoother isn't necessarily bad, but it can be a good filter.
Just a thought as something "extra"—maybe links to the intro message translated into different languages for our ESL speakers? I'm sure there are members here that would be willing to volunteer for translating, I'd be more than happy to do French myself!

My thought was maybe clarity is an issue for some people because of a language barrier... (or I'm just giving too much of a benefit of the doubt).

Reactions: 1 user
Just a thought as something "extra"—maybe links to the intro message translated into different languages for our ESL speakers? I'm sure there are members here that would be willing to volunteer for translating, I'd be more than happy to do French myself!

My thought was maybe clarity is an issue for some people because of a language barrier... (or I'm just giving too much of a benefit of the doubt).
But they'll have to communicate in English later anyway? I think if they were able to fill in the answers to get in they should be able to understand the introduction message as well? Plus they can always try to use Google, ask someone who knows English or ask on the SGF site if something's unclear.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 7 users

Maybe make n.4 become n.1?
It’s the only thing I can think of, other than that the welcome message is foolproof. I don’t believe the problem is runts being “stupid”, I think it mostly revolves about them being careless and lazy - people tend to ignore messages that take more than 15 seconds to be read.
Soooo, just an idea, maybe introducing - harsher - punishments for those who do not fulfill what they’ve been asked (see: a slap, a banner of shame...?) could help improve the runts scenario?

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe make n.4 become n.1?

I like the current order tbh. Listing the Introduction requirement as number 4 is a good way to test whether or not someone actually bothers to read the first half of the Welcome message. Plus, Thanking The Cock is more important imo.

Curious as to what numbers 5-7 are though (the screenshot only goes up to number 4).

maybe introducing - harsher - punishments for those who do not fulfill what they’ve been asked (see: a slap, a banner of shame...?) could help improve the runts scenario?

Definitely down for this. I’ve noticed one or two new runts who joined a while ago and are always online but they haven’t yet thanked the Bullcock or posted an intro. Pisses me off tbqh. It’s one thing if you join and then never log in again. But if you’re always logged in and enjoying the benefits of the site then there’s no excuse for not following the requirements.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I hate to bump Kendall's thread to add to the discussion this late, and it doesn't change the points made, but we've got at least one as young as thirteen:

I think we should implement a 16+ policy; every body is different but I don't think 13 year olds should be participating in starving contests. But then again, maybe it's better that they come here instead of going to MPA or something? idk

This isn't really coming from a place of "think of the children!!11!", moreso that I can't imagine how anyone that young could relate/contribute to most of the content here tbh

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 18 users
I think we should implement a 16+ policy; every body is different but I don't think 13 year olds should be participating in starving contests. But then again, maybe it's better that they come here instead of going to MPA or something? idk

This isn't really coming from a place of "think of the children!!11!", moreso that I can't imagine how anyone that young could relate/contribute to most of the content here tbh
I don’t necessarily agree, I think it’s more a matter of maturity rather than age. Consider for example that Tanya was 14 when she opened Versace SS08 and we regularly use her as thinspo, and the same goes for a lot of the Avant models. I’m sure that @FashionThin works with plenty of young models, and I trust in her discretion in deciding which applicants are mature enough to be responsible, valuable members of the forum regardless of age. Maybe I’m biased because I joined the forums young and have always been precocious for my age, but that’s just my two cents.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
@lattelover I get where you're coming from, but

1. Tanya is a special case, and definitely not the norm

2. There is a big difference even between 14-15 and 11-13; I think we should draw a line somewhere, and

3. Most early teen/preteen girls hardly need to diet at all to stay skinny. I don't think that any girl should be restricting calories super low while her body (and mind) is still developing- it's far more likely to result in disordered eating or health complications than it is long-term skinniness. You can be as "mature" as you want to, but your body will still suffer the consequences of going on a restrictive diet during your developmental years. Obviously no one is forcing you to eat 500 calories a day if you're a member here, but idk I wouldn't want kids participating in starving contests at all.

I also literally can't think of any valuable member we've had under the age of 15 :lol: (apart from maybe a few who joined young but didn't start making good contributions until a few years later)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 13 users

2. There is a big difference even between 14-15 and 11-13; I think we should draw a line somewhere, and

3. Most early teen/preteen girls hardly need to diet at all to stay skinny. I don't think that any girl should be restricting calories super low while her body (and mind) is still developing- it's far more likely to result in disordered eating or health complications than it is long-term skinniness. You can be as "mature" as you want to, but your body will still suffer the consequences of going on a restrictive diet during your developmental years. Obviously no one is forcing you to eat 500 calories a day if you're a member here, but idk I wouldn't want kids participating in starving contests at all.

I also literally can't think of any valuable member we've had under the age of 15 :lol: (apart from maybe a few who joined young but didn't start making good contributions until a few years later)
I also think that being on these forums wouldn't be the best idea for an 11-13-year-old since (generally) that is also the age that puberty will naturally lead to changes in body structure, regardless of weight, such as fuller hips, chests, and thighs. That's not to say that that's a free pass for preteen/teen girls to eat like shit/ignore their actual health, but I doubt being on a forum like SGF that is so hyper fixated on maintaining specific measurements would be a positive influence on a preteen/young teen's mental state and relationship with their body. Yes, we are better than ending up on ED tumblr/twitter/wherever, but I still think some discretion should be practiced when considering younger members (of course, I do trust FT's judgment when approving applications).

Speaking from personal experience, my body type changed drastically in my preteen years despite remaining at around 17-18 BMI and my hyper fixation and distress at my changing body set me on the path for my restrictive ED in later years. Personally, I think kids that young should be focused on forming healthy habits first and foremost and focusing on measurements/dedicating to true skinniness once their bodies have evened out at around 15-16. Also, 13 year olds on the internet are annoying 99% of the time and I appreciate having this space for more mature discussion and perspectives.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users
Also, 13 year olds on the internet are annoying 99% of the time and I appreciate having this space for more mature discussion and perspectives.
agree- there are exceptions, but you can hardly tell how annoying someone will be (and how the content here will affect her mentally) from the application form. Also if I start seeing posts complaining about middle school cafeteria lunch I might rip my eyeballs out.

• Funny

I do agree there’s a large difference between 11-13 and 14-15, and that the former is too young to join the forums. But I personally think that a mature 14-15 year old could be a great contributor to the forums, and I know of members who have joined at that age and are valued members of the community. Not everyone on here shares their age publicly, so it’s worth considering that there are some of us who joined younger than you may expect. Speaking from personal experience, I also developed really early (like, my hips and breasts were fully grown by 12) and by the time I was 14-15 I was fully aware of my preference for the skinny aesthetic. If I hadn’t stumbled across SG I don’t doubt I would’ve gone down the MPA route like so many of my friends did. Again, I might be biased because of how young I was when I joined, but I don’t think that we should immediately dismiss a member just because of their age.

Last edited:
I do agree there’s a large difference between 11-13 and 14-15, and that the former is too young to join the forums. But I personally think that a mature 14-15 year old could be a great contributor to the forums, and I know of members who have joined at that age and are valued members of the community. Not everyone on here shares their age publicly, so it’s worth considering that there are some of us who joined younger than you may expect. Speaking from personal experience, I also developed really early (like, my hips and breasts were fully grown by 12) and by the time I was 14-15 I was fully aware of my preference for the skinny aesthetic. If I hadn’t stumbled across SG I don’t doubt I would’ve gone down the MPA route like so many of my friends did. Again, I might be biased because of how young I was when I joined, but I don’t think that we should immediately dismiss a member just because of their age.

Anything below 16 is too impressionable whether they are mature or not. Also bear in mind SG is not Mother Teresa when discussing weight and no matter how mature a teenager is, the way we bash a skinny to average model or celebrity on here (I feel) shouldn’t be content a teenager ( whom is already discontent with her body) should be exposed to.
I think the mean girls attitude (especially towards weight) on SG can be appreciated by members who are older, more mentality developed and much less fazed.
Additionally, I don’t see how a preteen or teenager could contribute especially when most topics on here are outside the realms of “high school life” and have much to do with the real working world and experiences.
That Is not to say to exclude teens completely. Agree that 16 is a good cut off age.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Also if I start seeing posts complaining about middle school cafeteria lunch I might rip my eyeballs out.

Agree. I really enjoy working with that age group, but I don't want to hang out with barely-teenagers in my free time.

And I don't know how many of you are blessed with the opportunity to deal with the parents of 13 year olds, but that's drama waiting to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Her body resembles a wisdom tooth :superpuke:
149974721_422481735477779_4616629989130469975_n.jpg

149463708_1329613800744442_3888948892927341150_n.jpg

At the very least they both have something in common and that is being a fucking pain in the ass.

• Funny
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 24 users