Kelly Mittendorf

B

Babydoll

She's obviously not very pretty in the conventional sense, but I find her to be intruiging: her looks, her editorial work (superior to loads of other pretty girls people ogle over imo), her Tweets and answers to anons in Tumblr... :lol:

I used to dislike her but now I think she's a stunner. The more I see of her the more I appreciate her unconventional looks:

tumblr_mgxom7DHTQ1qed6gyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mlodqkO1Rw1rd11tco1_500.jpg

46368_nf_abre.jpg

H8U1881kelly.jpg

38.jpg

twelveofour-kellym42994894.jpg

kelly-mittendorf-600x900-1389040.jpg

lMnVw.jpg

Favorite ed of her:

"Thinking of a Glamorous Time" shot by Ellen von Unwerth, Vogue Italia April 2012

92126-800w.jpg

92127-800w.jpg

92128-800w.jpg

92129-800w.jpg

92130-800w.jpg

92131-800w.jpg

92132-800w.jpg

Glamorous alright! :bow:

I can never decide wether i like her or not. She is indeed very intriguing; in some angles she looks stunning and in others a bit like a dragon (sorry). When she look her best she look amazing though.

She could look so much better if they (I assume it´s not her choice) wouldn´t desperately try to force the "edgyness" out of her by pointing out her "ugly" features.

She has a small nose, big lips, beautiful almond shaped eyes; and when these features are highlighted, she looks quite cute:

But au contraire, the focus is her jaw and forehead and bleaching/ photoshopping out her eyebrows until she looks like a caveman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like her face but she's definitely not a conventional beauty. That being said, I don't love most of the shots with her mouth open and I'm not sure why. I think it's the look she sometimes gets on her face.

I'm in love with her! I'm a fan of her versatility, as @Scarlet pointed out she can be cute and (of course) she can do edgy. She did a shoot for Vogue Ukraine in May and I think she looks stunning.

157754-800w.jpg

157756-800w.jpg

I think she looks great and unique in a lot of the editorials and shoots, which is what is important for modeling, but I don't like her outside of that, like in street style.

Is she eurasian? :confused:

She's very unique looking, that's for certain... but there's something about her that's really entrancing.

She looks a bit neanderthallic which I actually love - something about her seems kind of non-human which makes her so intriguing. Like a perfect little alien.

I'm in love with her! I'm a fan of her versatility, as @Scarlet pointed out she can be cute and (of course) she can do edgy. She did a shoot for Vogue Ukraine in May and I think she looks stunning.

157754-800w.jpg

157756-800w.jpg
Here are the other images..
4medg6d.jpg

txwISaD.jpg

mWkQDYY.jpg

Lovely Xylo :kiss:

She looks a bit neanderthallic which I actually love - something about her seems kind of non-human which makes her so intriguing. Like a perfect little alien.

Nailed it. That's absolutely her look.

Like @Babydoll, I had a huge aversion to her when she popped on to the scene because, let's face it, I like pretty things. And pretty, she is not. But, over time, she's really grown on me, because she's so interesting, very versatile and has a good understanding of how to use her face to her advantage on print.

There's something about her, just because she's so counter-mainstream cultural beauty, that makes me want to look and look at her. For example, that Umno cover that @SugarFree posted above makes me feel torn: I'm not sure if I love it or hate it, I'm not sure if she looks beautiful or hideous, but it actually makes me stop in my tracks and think. And that level of depth is always a good thing. I'd much rather look at something original and multi-faceted, than a cookie cutter "pretty girl", because they're ultimately boring.

Reactions: 1 user
For the ones who don't follow her, her Tumblr is gold. Not many selfies but I love her posts (one of the only models who posts things she likes instead of pictures of herself only). And she's also very friendly and funny.

http://kmitt.tumblr.com/

Gorgeous editorial!

"L'Atelier D'Artiste"
Grey Magazine (Italy)
Sheila Metzner - Photographer
Valentina Ilardi Martin - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Shin Arima - Hair Stylist
Chiho Omae - Makeup Artist

87014-800w.jpg

87015-800w.jpg

87016-800w.jpg

87017-800w.jpg

87018-800w.jpg

87019-800w.jpg

87020-800w.jpg

87022-800w.jpg

87023-800w.jpg

Continued...

87024-800w.jpg

87025-800w.jpg

87026-800w.jpg

87028-800w.jpg

87029-800w.jpg

87030-800w.jpg

87031-800w.jpg

So much better than all the other "pretty" cookie cutter models who need to do the most awkward poses to make an editorial look interesting. Kelly here just captivates you with one look. :bow: