Kelly Gale

She’s known for working out anywhere and everywhere. This was just another example and fat ol’ America wanted to use her and her model title to make this into something it’s clearly not.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
No, but there's no strict need to devote multiple IG stories to spoon feed people the point that she doesn't eat at In-N-Out either. Say a classically trained violinist, or Roger Scruton, went to a Beyoncé concert to produce a storyline taking jabs at people's lowbrow taste in music, ending with him putting on headphones and digging to Brahms instead, is he not being an annoying little bitch? The same logic applies in both scenarios, but the fact that you don't eat like crap or listen to vulgar music doesn't translate to an imperative to broadcast your position--and while Kelly was clearly attempting humorous content, she fails imo to draw an appropriate line: the gimmicky pear was funny, the jumping rope was not.

I seem to have misunderstood a little bit, I thought she had 1 instagram story of them stopping at an In-n-Out with her caption that she didn't eat anything there. Still, I don't think she was trying to be derogatory with her posts; at least not the pear or the 'I don't eat here' one. Like you said, it seems to me like she wanted to make a joke of sorts.

This is a classic case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. IF she had posed "eating" a burger everyone would be screaming "liar".
That's absolutely false, and it is perfectly possible to skip a fast-food meal without making it the main plot of her social media presence that day.

TL;DR you could've come up with a better analogy
The analogy, firstly, was intended to make the point that Kelly's obnoxious behaviour is not warranted by an ethical or aesthetic standard, and secondly, is for that purpose decently strong. Your criticisms are largely in error, as rendered most transparently by your insistence that I compare Beyoncé to an actual burger or that Howard Shore is to her what Nobu is to In-N-Out.

The thrust of the analogy is this:
Roger Scruton and Kelly Gale both operate with (aest)ethical standards,
Roger Scruton exercises his taste in the Beyoncé concert (X) similarly to how Kelly exercises hers at In-N-Out (Y),
so X and Y are comparably obnoxious.

Your major issue, as I have come to expect from someone who tends to filter all information through the lens of privilege, is that In-N-Out is more economically accessible than a Beyoncé concert, which (though I fail to see it as salient here. practical reasoning being the pertinent issue) is easily remedied by displacing Scruton's behaviour to a slightly different scenario, e.g. a Beyoncé music appreciation group, which I'm sure is a thing. Beyoncé's music is very much aesthetically accessible though, so it holds on that count (whereas Webern is not), and palatable to an unsophisticated listener in a similar way to how the combination of fat and sodium in junk food appeals to the undeveloped palate of an unsophisticated eater.

It's also not the case, at least not according to Scruton nor any other aesthetician worth his salt, that Beyoncé simply isn't to everyone's taste, with the connotation that taste is not subject to qualitative differentiation. Good taste in art exists, just as some diets are preferable to others, and they equally express morality. If you decide to educate yourself on the former, I recommend Susanne Langer's Philosophy in a New Key followed up by Feeling and Form, but it's not a topic suited for haphazard engagement on a mostly deserted online forum.

Back to my intention, it was to render more understandable the backlash against Kelly by comparing it to a scenario in which our biases do not spontaneously interrupt and skew our judgement. The assertion that girls on SGF are likely to jump to Kelly's defence is uncontroversial, because most of us on here take a rather disenchanted approach to food and recognise some choices as superior to others, but not all people share our perspective. Their taste remains undeveloped and naive, just as popular aesthetic judgement does--and like we might say that Kelly shouldn't pretend to like In-N-Out etc. because the food is actually bad, so will the aesthetically more refined sympathise with Scruton's disapproval of Beyoncé. Both occupy morally defensible positions, which is why I don't think 'shaming' is an apt description, but being purposefully inflammatory is not consistent with that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Impressed at how intelligent and well spoken everyone on this forum is, depressed that there’s not more people to engage in this sort of conversation.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
That's absolutely false, and it is perfectly possible to skip a fast-food meal without making it the main plot of her social media presence that day.

The analogy, firstly, was intended to make the point that Kelly's obnoxious behaviour is not warranted by an ethical or aesthetic standard, and secondly, is for that purpose decently strong. Your criticisms are largely in error, as rendered most transparently by your insistence that I compare Beyoncé to an actual burger or that Howard Shore is to her what Nobu is to In-N-Out.

The thrust of the analogy is this:
Roger Scruton and Kelly Gale both operate with (aest)ethical standards,
Roger Scruton exercises his taste in the Beyoncé concert (X) similarly to how Kelly exercises hers at In-N-Out (Y),
so X and Y are comparably obnoxious.

Your major issue, as I have come to expect from someone who tends to filter all information through the lens of privilege, is that In-N-Out is more economically accessible than a Beyoncé concert, which (though I fail to see it as salient here. practical reasoning being the pertinent issue) is easily remedied by displacing Scruton's behaviour to a slightly different scenario, e.g. a Beyoncé music appreciation group, which I'm sure is a thing. Beyoncé's music is very much aesthetically accessible though, so it holds on that count (whereas Webern is not), and palatable to an unsophisticated listener in a similar way to how the combination of fat and sodium in junk food appeals to the undeveloped palate of an unsophisticated eater.

It's also not the case, at least not according to Scruton nor any other aesthetician worth his salt, that Beyoncé simply isn't to everyone's taste, with the connotation that taste is not subject to qualitative differentiation. Good taste in art exists, just as some diets are preferable to others, and they equally express morality. If you decide to educate yourself on the former, I recommend Susanne Langer's Philosophy in a New Key followed up by Feeling and Form, but it's not a topic suited for haphazard engagement on a mostly deserted online forum.

Back to my intention, it was to render more understandable the backlash against Kelly by comparing it to a scenario in which our biases do not spontaneously interrupt and skew our judgement. The assertion that girls on SGF are likely to jump to Kelly's defence is uncontroversial, because most of us on here take a rather disenchanted approach to food and recognise some choices as superior to others, but not all people share our perspective. Their taste remains undeveloped and naive, just as popular aesthetic judgement does--and like we might say that Kelly shouldn't pretend to like In-N-Out etc. because the food is actually bad, so will the aesthetically more refined sympathise with Scruton's disapproval of Beyoncé. Both occupy morally defensible positions, which is why I don't think 'shaming' is an apt description, but being purposefully inflammatory is not consistent with that.

Gonna try to keep this brief because I'm still on heavy meds and not entirely present... I barely remember making that post - I did a number on my back/neck... painkillers+muscle relaxers + wine = near blackout. I'm mildly impressed that it was mostly coherent. *I've also learned to heed the RX warnings about mixing tablets and booze

I think the point I was trying to make was opportunity and intention. I went a bit off course with the HS Beyonce Nobu Burger thing - there was a point there but I'm not 100% what it was (or what I thought it was)

Your "lense of privilege" comment gave me pause though... because it's correct. And I do. Which is something I'd never observed about myself. I've lived on both sides of the fence, and the grass in between, but I don't think I'd ever considered how much it coloured my view. Food for thought....

Reactions: 1 user
I think Kelly Gale discovered FaceTune recently. Her pictures have looked so over-edited lately

034F438D-1EB3-49B2-96E9-583EAB4DC7B0.jpeg
1C27A7E3-B14C-4EE0-B605-906966311665.jpeg
ECD15EC3-D264-4CA8-B844-9D61AB88D9F5.jpeg

• WTF
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Me again! I might have to unfollow her. Her pictures are just ridiculous, not to mention the captions are eye roll inducing. Is she trying to get booked by Sports Illustrated or something?

1657243E-766B-4F80-A71F-10A98668EF34.jpeg
40421278-8270-4864-AE61-CC55473946BC.jpeg

• Gross
  • WTF
Reactions: 7 users
I don’t know if I’m the only one who thinks that her body should look so different for the amount of time and effort she puts into working out?!

She eats all salads and very small quantities from what I’ve seen on her IG stories, but still more of a “lads mag” type body. Not a SG inspo to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
and THAT is why its about longevity in fitness and diet. You can't maintain that routine, and that is evidenced with a) Romee and b) Kelly. I'm sure there are more.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
You can't maintain that routine, and that is evidenced with a) Romee and b) Kelly. I'm sure there are more.

Sanne too!! Her thread is all about her recent weight gain. Seems like a lot of long-time skinnies are falling off the wagon these days

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

She looks really REALLY big now. Bigger than before. Like other members have previously mentioned in this thread, I’m confused as to why her body looks like this when all she ever posts about is how much she’s working out. She even injured her arm and still continued to work out. She and her personality remind me of the arrogant student athletes who would show off in my high school PE class lol. I literally don’t know anything else about her personality other than the fact that she works out. So shouldn’t she be more toned than this?

• Gross
Reactions: 2 users

She looks really REALLY big now. Bigger than before. Like other members have previously mentioned in this thread, I’m confused as to why her body looks like this when all she ever posts about is how much she’s working out. She even injured her arm and still continued to work out. She and her personality remind me of the arrogant student athletes who would show off in my high school PE class lol. I literally don’t know anything else about her personality other than the fact that she works out. So shouldn’t she be more toned than this?

Nah, people who work out A LOT and don't give their body enough recovery time usually hold a lot of water because of inflammation. Also, don't know how her sleep pattern is but I can only imagine she's the kind of person who takes pride in being sleep deprived (the kind of person who trades sleep for a very early/late workout), which leads to even more inflammation. Can only imagine her muscles are chronically inflamed and she's holding a lot of water weight. Less can be more when it comes to exercise.

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users