Kay Smetsers (Girlnah on Tumblr)

Happy for her success. Hope she is working hard and has taken some of the honest criticisms here to heart. It will help her immensely career-wise in the long run.

If you're reading this, we'll all rooting for you... truly and honestly.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Wow, I hope her petals are getting stronger by the day! This work seems better. Plus, her hands are cleverly occupied in a less stiff way.

I actually can't be too snarky this time around. We shall see how this saga continues:nod:

Reactions: 1 user
She totally fits the Gucci aesthetic so good for her that it's working out! I can't really tell if her walk improved from the last Gucci show she did due to the outfit she's wearing and the camera angle but it seemed like a lot better?

Regardless, she has incredible legs + I hope she does well in her career (and I also hope she learns to deal with criticism as that's a given in the industry she's pursuing and without being able to do that, she will likely fail pretty soon :) )

Me: "I wonder what Kay Smetsers has been doing lately"
Kay: in a change of direction, has been hired as a scarecrow in the Ukraine
Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 2.16.40 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 2.16.54 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 2.18.52 pm.png

• Funny
  • WTF
Reactions: 8 users
Me: "I wonder what Kay Smetsers has been doing lately"
Kay: in a change of direction, has been hired as a scarecrow in the UkraineView attachment 19106View attachment 19107View attachment 19108
Your commentary is hilarious (and accurate!), but as an aside, "Ukraine" is the correct name.
"The Ukraine" was used for Soviet era Ukraine ("the" being an article denoting it belonged within the USSR). Now that it's a sovereign nation, it is "Ukraine" sans "the". Hope this makes sense! :flower:

• Useful
Reactions: 8 users
Your commentary is hilarious (and accurate!), but as an aside, "Ukraine" is the correct name.
"The Ukraine" was used for Soviet era Ukraine ("the" being an article denoting it belonged within the USSR). Now that it's a sovereign nation, it is "Ukraine" sans "the". Hope this makes sense! :flower:

Thanks gracilis! I did always wonder why many people say "the Ukraine" and "the Netherlands" so its good to know! I think I already knew though that "the" shouldn't be added, but I forgot in my hurry to upload these ridiculous photos lol

Like the opposite of "The Home Depot." The "the" I didn't know was there actually isn't supposed to be.

Thanks gracilis! I did always wonder why many people say "the Ukraine" and "the Netherlands" so its good to know! I think I already knew though that "the" shouldn't be added, but I forgot in my hurry to upload these ridiculous photos lol
"Ukraine" means something like "Edge/margin" so people would say "at the Ukraine" meaning "at the edge" of Russia, which I guess got translated into English. Now the proper way is to omit the article since Ukrainian people don't want to be associated with Russia or the USSR.

• Useful
Reactions: 5 users
she didn't post anything for quite a long time until yesterday.
mm legs look good:flower:
and it seems she had her hair cut?

d5735c3f-892e-4c8d-bb2e-801f01325600.jpg

View attachment 20961
Oh wow, that's a drastic chop if so, I remember her saying in the past something along the lines of her long hair being very special to her. I'm really excited to see how it looks out, I feel like this could be a really positive change for her.

View attachment 20961

Oh wow, that's a drastic chop if so, I remember her saying in the past something along the lines of her long hair being very special to her. I'm really excited to see how it looks out, I feel like this could be a really positive change for her.
Could be my eyes playing tricks, but it looks like she has it just pulled back. You can see the bun in the mirror, it's lighter-colored than the rest of her hair.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Could be my eyes playing tricks, but it looks like she has it just pulled back. You can see the bun in the mirror, it's lighter-colored than the rest of her hair.
I was thinking/hoping that long, thick mane of hers would have created a far larger bun than the one visible in the mirror reflection. I could be wrong and perhaps the rest of it is hidden behind the pink jacket hanging up, but I'm still hoping it's a base of the neck length chop.

• Useful
Gucci F/W 2018 Exclusive
kay.jpg
Interesting outfit/hair but this girl has worked fucking hard so major props to her. Really happy she walked for Gucci. Her face looks good. Everything else........ not so much (but that's not on her).

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Interesting outfit/hair but this girl has worked fucking hard so major props to her. Really happy she walked for Gucci. Her face looks good. Everything else........ not so much (but that's not on her).
Agreed. I know we were hard on her in the beginning, but it looks like she's really upped her game, and I'm glad to see her booking consistent work.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users