Kate Moss

While NO ONE will look the same at 11, 21, 31, 41 etc as they did the decade before/after, Kate's face shows she's had an incredible life to say the least.
Part of me thinks 'oh yuck' but the other part of me thinks 'wow if she died today she would have lived more than so many other people. All those memories.'

Reactions: 4 users
My English friends see her around quite a bit. They said she is genuinely really skinny.
Their definition may be different to ours though....

@MickeyMouse I've noticed since I moved here, in the general public NO single soul is skinny. Even thin is a hit and miss view. There's not a lot of obese people, but you hardly see someone who is rather fit, unless a football player.

Back in the states, you'd think my university was made for models because everyone made it their deal to look skinny, men and women alike. It seems the English like their sweets is all. You don't see a SoulCycle on every corner here either, I'd say walking is the most exercise people do. While that's not bad, it can be rather hard to lose weight from that.

I have never seen Kate as outstandingly skinny, but I'm not sure why. I think part of it has to do with how natural it looks on her. But god that does not matter when you can photograph like she does. And I absolutely agree with you regarding her life. Everyone knows she partied and still does, but they truly find that as a bad thing? They think it's a bad influence, but I think that as long as she's been modeling, she hasn't been a great influence. For the general public, obviously. I mean President Clinton in the nineties made a comment about "heroin chic" and how it should not be idolized.

Reactions: 1 user
I love that she hasn't stuffed her face with fillers and botox. Yes, she has lost her youthful glow, but I respect her more for keeping it real.

Reactions: 1 users
Vogue Italia December 1995
Home-Spa
Photographer: Sante D'Orazio
Fashion Editor: Andrew Richardson
Model: Kate Moss
Hair: Serge Normant
Make-Up: Linda Hay[/SIZE][/FONT]

@MickeyMouse I've noticed since I moved here, in the general public NO single soul is skinny. Even thin is a hit and miss view. There's not a lot of obese people, but you hardly see someone who is rather fit, unless a football player.

Back in the states, you'd think my university was made for models because everyone made it their deal to look skinny, men and women alike. It seems the English like their sweets is all. You don't see a SoulCycle on every corner here either, I'd say walking is the most exercise people do. While that's not bad, it can be rather hard to lose weight from that.

I have never seen Kate as outstandingly skinny, but I'm not sure why. I think part of it has to do with how natural it looks on her. But god that does not matter when you can photograph like she does. And I absolutely agree with you regarding her life. Everyone knows she partied and still does, but they truly find that as a bad thing? They think it's a bad influence, but I think that as long as she's been modeling, she hasn't been a great influence. For the general public, obviously. I mean President Clinton in the nineties made a comment about "heroin chic" and how it should not be idolized.
I think that in the US, skinny has much more of a wealth connotation than it does in /Europe, at least from my own experience over the years. The wealthy in the US are extremely weight obsessed, as a symbol of status almost, whereas in europe there is less of a wide spread in thin/fat (more healthy weight people overall) and exercise/diet is less attributed to your social class

I think that in the US, skinny has much more of a wealth connotation than it does in /Europe, at least from my own experience over the years. The wealthy in the US are extremely weight obsessed, as a symbol of status almost, whereas in europe there is less of a wide spread in thin/fat (more healthy weight people overall) and exercise/diet is less attributed to your social class

I absolutely concur!
It is evidenced by the member demographics here. Greatly distorted towards higher education.

It is so sad. To think people are less healthy because of their wealth or education. The democratisation of education has definitely the biggest advancement society has made to date. Unfortunately, more so in some areas than others.
The greater the education disparity (especially of females), the greater every other issue - health, wealth, life expectancy, child birth rate, female independence etc.

While NO ONE will look the same at 11, 21, 31, 41 etc as they did the decade before/after, Kate's face shows she's had an incredible life to say the least.
Part of me thinks 'oh yuck' but the other part of me thinks 'wow if she died today she would have lived more than so many other people. All those memories.'
This is slightly off topic, but I met some guy the other day (at a professional event actually) who was kind enough to tell me all the illicit drugs he has ever tried :rolleyes: (he has actually tried.. everything) and the related experiences/how he has almost died several times. Yeah he probably has lived more than I ever will in some regards, but at the same time, given a choice, I likely wouldn't even want his life. Kate's life, especially her early life, reminds me of the same.

This is slightly off topic, but I met some guy the other day (at a professional event actually) who was kind enough to tell me all the illicit drugs he has ever tried :rolleyes: (he has actually tried.. everything) and the related experiences/how he has almost died several times. Yeah he probably has lived more than I ever will in some regards, but at the same time, given a choice, I likely wouldn't even want his life. Kate's life, especially her early life, reminds me of the same.

Me again!
I hear you.

I remember watching a woman on The Doctors or something like that and she was 70 something and could pass for early 50s. Her "secret" - she had not eaten in a restaurant in 20 years and only consumed raw vegetable juices and seeds. That to me sounds so incredibly dull. I would rather look 75 and enjoy life.

There are spectrums - enjoying life to me is eating well 99% of the time with exercise.
Enjoying life to my friend may be eating well 60% of the time with exercise.
Then you have Kate Moss'/your conversation companion and this raw vegetable juice woman. Plenty of middle ground in between them.

Charlotte Tilbury's Christmas party
Kate+Moss+Charlotte+Tilbury+Naughty+Christmas+jBVFa1mqjOPl.jpg
Kate+Moss+Charlotte+Tilbury+Naughty+Christmas+Gw6PfKAuuX6l.jpg

Vogue Italia December 2015
Photographer: Tim Walker
457211-800w.jpg

Mango Advertising Evening Winter 2015
455994-800w.jpg