Kate Moss

rawmango

VIP - Model
VIP
I’ve noticed the Daily Mail has gotten annoyingly “body positive” lately. Every article will feature flabby celebrities and say “so and so strutted her enviable physical through the grocery store this weekend.”
I’ve also noticed this no matter how FAT n GROSS n UNFLATTERING the subject is they always top it off with “her toned stomach” [flabby rolls] or “her supermodel body!” [potato sack] or “her slender figure” [if slender is another word for chunky then yea ok sure]

can you imagine going to journalism school expecting to write meaningful work and hard hitting exposés and you end up at the daily mail essentially writing Mad Libs about celebrities mediocre lives and the only thing getting exposed is weight gain lmao

• Funny
Reactions: 5 users

bougainvilleas

Super Star
I’ve also noticed this no matter how FAT n GROSS n UNFLATTERING the subject is they always top it off with “her toned stomach” [flabby rolls] or “her supermodel body!” [potato sack] or “her slender figure” [if slender is another word for chunky then yea ok sure]

can you imagine going to journalism school expecting to write meaningful work and hard hitting exposés and you end up at the daily mail essentially writing Mad Libs about celebrities mediocre lives and the only thing getting exposed is weight gain lmao
You only end up at the Daily Mail writing the abysmal celebrity body stories if you're a truly abysmal journalist yourself ;) Source: am a journalist who's worked at 4-5 legit news publications, where I've witnessed various hiring managers read the words "Daily Mail" on a CV and toss it into a bin without a second thought. As hard as it can be to get a job in media, everyone tacitly understands that it's better to starve (or, gasp, go into marketing) than write for them.

They also aren't really pivoting toward body positivity, btw -- they simply go where the clicks are, which is how they can post 10 stories about celebrities being shamefully thin on the same day that they post 10 stories revering weight loss and calling other people shamefully fat. It's a morally unhinged business model that prioritizes attention and monetizes outrage above all else, but that's their whole brand. For that same reason, Kate Moss's fat legs generate more $$ from clicks if they are described for the SEO ranking algorithm as belonging to a "toned bikini supermodel."

• Useful
Reactions: 4 users

linnclaire

Worker Bee
Happy birthday to this absolute legend! (I know some of the photos are shared here before i.e. the Calvin Klein photoshoot but i couldn’t help but post it as a celebratory photo!):luv:
9EE04051-30F4-4C46-ADC6-0EF83A2E1E62.jpeg
42C45658-2F72-4C48-9D2D-AE4B4A57D8A0.jpeg460626D6-5E7A-4B27-ABF9-FB4B80959EF4.jpegF6786D1B-0B77-4191-96B8-9E3FDB6CB2F2.jpeg2BC46C1A-8D90-4AEE-BD4F-319928DA1911.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

IcedAmericano

Grand Dame
She actually looked better than I had expected when I saw her. Her skin was shockingly great? My sister didn’t think it was her at first because she looked “too good” :lol:

Anyway here’s the back of her.

86029A05-2AF8-477F-86B4-7CAFB32E909A.jpeg

• Jizztastic
Reactions: 11 users
I was obsessed with Kate Moss growing up in the 90s. I used to buy Vogue, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan etc and whenever I found a picture of her I would cut it out and paste it into a scrapbook. I loved everything about her, not just her asthetic but her attitude, her lifestyle, some of her choices in men (Depp!) Definite fan girl. Even now she's aged and gained weight I still have a soft spot for her.

faerieluss

Worker Bee
I was obsessed with Kate Moss growing up in the 90s. I used to buy Vogue, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan etc and whenever I found a picture of her I would cut it out and paste it into a scrapbook. I loved everything about her, not just her asthetic but her attitude, her lifestyle, some of her choices in men (Depp!) Definite fan girl. Even now she's aged and gained weight I still have a soft spot for her.
Aaaand we needed to know this why??

• Agree
  • Jizztastic
  • Funny

irid3scence

Rising Star
The OP asked our opinions of Kate and I was trying to illustrate how fond I am of her, sorry if it was a bit of an overshare!
Good on you for reading the very first post of the thread (it appears some newbies read nothing of a thread before posting on it)!

But the literalism there, if there ever was any, has long been forgotten; this is (as of the past manyyy pages) primarily a vintage Mossy appreciation thread, as opposed to a "share your opinions on an icon" exercise--as probably all of us share that nostalgia, so indeed it adds nothing to the conversation to articulate it.

Not the absolute worst faux pas, though; and I, too, miss the days of magazine clippings :flower:

Reactions: 3 users
Good on you for reading the very first post of the thread (it appears some newbies read nothing of a thread before posting on it)!

But the literalism there, if there ever was any, has long been forgotten; this is (as of the past manyyy pages) primarily a vintage Mossy appreciation thread, as opposed to a "share your opinions on an icon" exercise--as probably all of us share that nostalgia, so indeed it adds nothing to the conversation to articulate it.

Not the absolute worst faux pas, though; and I, too, miss the days of magazine clippings :flower:
Understood. Thank you 🌸

Reactions: 1 users

willow

Super Star
Lila Moss (Kates daughter) for i-D magazine.View attachment 72054View attachment 72055
Can we have a bored react? Nothing against her personally but I don’t think she belongs on SG. If I’m coming to Kate’s thread I either want to be inspired by her former beauty or motivated by her current state to stay the fuck away from drugs, alcohol and most importantly food

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

wannabemodel

Rookie
Can we have a bored react? Nothing against her personally but I don’t think she belongs on SG. If I’m coming to Kate’s thread I either want to be inspired by her former beauty or motivated by her current state to stay the fuck away from drugs, alcohol and most importantly food
I totally agree. She definitely doesn't have that thing her mom had. She's just boring and looks like another Gigi Hadid :confused:

• Agree

Snoopy

Rookie
I was on a shoot for lila’s book a while back and she was very short and even more boring looking in person. It’s a shame but genes don’t always transfer.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: 2 users

habenula

Grand Dame
At least she's not in to running or any of that bullsh1t. I would not be a fan if she was.
Went diving for old pics of Kate and found this instead. We've come a long way since 2012.

• Funny