Kate Moss

rawmango

VIP - Model
VIP
I’ve noticed the Daily Mail has gotten annoyingly “body positive” lately. Every article will feature flabby celebrities and say “so and so strutted her enviable physical through the grocery store this weekend.”
I’ve also noticed this no matter how FAT n GROSS n UNFLATTERING the subject is they always top it off with “her toned stomach” [flabby rolls] or “her supermodel body!” [potato sack] or “her slender figure” [if slender is another word for chunky then yea ok sure]

can you imagine going to journalism school expecting to write meaningful work and hard hitting exposés and you end up at the daily mail essentially writing Mad Libs about celebrities mediocre lives and the only thing getting exposed is weight gain lmao

• Funny
Reactions: 3 users

bougainvilleas

Super Star
I’ve also noticed this no matter how FAT n GROSS n UNFLATTERING the subject is they always top it off with “her toned stomach” [flabby rolls] or “her supermodel body!” [potato sack] or “her slender figure” [if slender is another word for chunky then yea ok sure]

can you imagine going to journalism school expecting to write meaningful work and hard hitting exposés and you end up at the daily mail essentially writing Mad Libs about celebrities mediocre lives and the only thing getting exposed is weight gain lmao
You only end up at the Daily Mail writing the abysmal celebrity body stories if you're a truly abysmal journalist yourself ;) Source: am a journalist who's worked at 4-5 legit news publications, where I've witnessed various hiring managers read the words "Daily Mail" on a CV and toss it into a bin without a second thought. As hard as it can be to get a job in media, everyone tacitly understands that it's better to starve (or, gasp, go into marketing) than write for them.

They also aren't really pivoting toward body positivity, btw -- they simply go where the clicks are, which is how they can post 10 stories about celebrities being shamefully thin on the same day that they post 10 stories revering weight loss and calling other people shamefully fat. It's a morally unhinged business model that prioritizes attention and monetizes outrage above all else, but that's their whole brand. For that same reason, Kate Moss's fat legs generate more $$ from clicks if they are described for the SEO ranking algorithm as belonging to a "toned bikini supermodel."

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users