Karlie Kloss

Discussion in 'Models' started by Mary Lou, Jan 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. longlegz

longlegz Worker Bee

It's crazy how Kaia's face looks lovely,calm and elegant,and Karlie's just looks like the face of a super annoying person I wouldn't even like to talk to...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. NewYorkSkinny

NewYorkSkinny Grand Dame

:wtf:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. colette

colette Rookie

There's absolutely nothing modelesque or elegant about here anymore (or sexy). Does look like a real athlete here though, body-wise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. classichic

classichic Super Star

Would have been better to have a basketball player instead.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Aussiee

Aussiee Rookie

Did her belly jiggle or am I seeing things? :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. luciole

luciole Super Star

Everyone is dragging her in her twitter replies :popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. fairygabbana

fairygabbana Rookie

She just posted this on her twitter. Look how hard that strap is digging into her shoulder, also look at how posed she is trying to make her collarbone stick out.

Attached Files:

8. pterodactyl

pterodactyl Super Star

Does she turn green and bust out of her clothing in her subsequent post? If so let us know.....we'll change the name of the thread to the "Incredible" Karlie....

9. ravendoan02

ravendoan02 Super Star

Swipe to the third photo:
    When even her fans are reminiscing her prime, and fantasizing about her being skinny ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Aussiee

Aussiee Rookie

her armmmmm :tsk:

• Gross Gross x 2
  11. Aussiee

Aussiee Rookie

[​IMG]

Those throwback pics of Karlie are insane! Her whole face shape has essentially changed. She used to have a very long looking, almost oval face, now it's more round or heart shaped. :slinkout:

I always wished I had a shorter looking face because mine's pretty long, but sure as hell not gonna wish for that now if it means such a big gain.

Also at what point does this get moved to takedowns?? :hibye:

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Gross Gross x 1
  12. NewYorkSkinny

NewYorkSkinny Grand Dame

She almost looks like Ratner in those 2 top pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vixen

vixen Worker Bee

I had no idea Karlie used to look like that! At least I now understand how she ever became a model... Shocking transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NextSupreme

NextSupreme Rising Star

2AA0F4D5-DAF6-4310-9630-8F24C87D31F2.jpeg
    :seeya:

• Sad Sad x 2
    • WTF WTF x 2
  15. fairygabbana

fairygabbana Rookie

Obviously she’s at the snack table :badgirl:

• Gross Gross x 1
  16. azureice

azureice Rookie

I don't have twitter, so it wouldnt let me read the replies...

I wanted to read them to hear if she was criticized yet for the slogan being "stay strong." Im certain the fat acceptance and HAES crew will freak out about her using the old pro-ana solidarity salutation. But obviously Karlie doesn't pick the campagn's slogan, so im not criticizing her for it myself, just curious if she's being attacked "for representing Thin Culture."

...she looks pretty strong. Yikes.

Not my aesthetic. but honestly ive gotten bulky before from exercise. It took me an injury to realize that the exercise wasnt helping me meet my goals anymore. I was too scared to stop or cut back, thinking "reduced activity would surely make me gain," until i had no choice and then it became obvious the exercise had held me back. Some people need less exercise; others can do more and literally as much as they want and they dont get bulky. I think she's probably expected to be a sportier model for her current work, but she didnt have to go this far, and given her profile i think she has some flexibility which most models dont. But maybe im completely wrong; maybe she had little choice over going in this direction body wise. .... but... Like, Romee is "sporty" but far, far less bulky. I dunno.

I dont wanna judge her too harshly, but she is definitely not my goals anymore. Maybe with 2/3 of america obese and overweight, shes more marketable this way? I dunno. I wish i knew whether shes getting more work at this size- whether this was what her agency pushed for. If she was pushed to this for career, then i feel sorry for her kinda but i respect her following the money while she can (dunno how many years she has left)... but maybe this was some horrific accident and her agency didnt want her bulkier like this. In which case, i dunno, maybe shell figure it out and pull it together. Prolly not though.

17. espressoenthusiast

espressoenthusiast VIP - Model
    VIP

Unsure if this has been posted here before but this article is really interesting/albeit a bit haughty, as per usual for Karlie.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/karlie-kloss-called-fat-and-too-skinny-by-casting-agent

"I was called both too fat and too thin by a casting agent on the same day," Kloss, 24, told Hearst Chief Content Officer Joanna Coles, according to Page Six. She added that despite the often contradictory standards set by the industry—or perhaps because of them—she has learned over time to focus not on her weight but on her health and strength. "I don't want to please anyone but myself," she said, causing the audience to give her a standing ovation, Page Six reports."

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ghostgirl

ghostgirl Rising Star

Karlie @ Brandon Maxwell :seeya:

2.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.jpg

• Sad Sad x 3
    • Gross Gross x 1
  19. skinnyprivilege

Ok, this might be an unflattering screenshot, but (I think) Karlie still sees herself like she hasn’t changed from 2013-2014 era Karlie. Look at this insta story - there’s cheekbones and a lil xylophone kinda evident. She’s really coming off as too self-confident, almost cocky about herself, even though she’s gained a lot. It’s so weird seeing this shot and the above - angles maybe?
    024DE838-F92B-4F5D-BF8D-36E50DE405A4.png Btw, sorry if I’m being analytical based on random images of models rn, but it’s always been an interest of mine - perception vs reality!

20. charisma

charisma Rising Star

:seeya: 2A6CB985-F02D-41BD-87B7-4B4CDBC1F6D5.jpeg

• Sad Sad x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1