Kaia Gerber

Maybe its just me who’s bothered by this but honestly what is the point of randomly posting a ton of skinny throwback pics that have already been posted before, WHILE there is a discussion going on?? Like are we trying to kill the convo?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Honestly, now that we've been reminded she just turned 18, she might be struggling with losing a teenager's metabolism. I'm not backtracking on my comments, but since she has been seen working out she might get back on track. She doesn't seem as arrogant or gross as let's say Kendall, so we'll see, I'll give it some time. We aren't anyway talking about Palvin level ballooning-up.

How many nepo* models are actually skinny though? Can’t think of any off the top of my head. Kaia bucked the trend by even becoming SG skinny in the first place. Am sure now that she’s realised she doesn’t need to be super skinny to book jobs, I can’t see her losing the weight. If anything I can see her continuing to gain. Unlike most models, Kaia’s career doesn’t depend on being super skinny so I can see why she would feel she can relax her diet.

*if it hasn’t been done already, next version of SG Bingo needs to include a reference to “nepo model” or “nepotism”. Probably one of the most commonly used words on this forum!

• Sad
  • Useful
Reactions: 6 users
*if it hasn’t been done already, next version of SG Bingo needs to include a reference to “nepo model” or “nepotism”. Probably one of the most commonly used words on this forum!

don't you worry, it was in v1.0

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 8.34.34 AM.png

shout out to @dolliez in the lower left.

• Funny
  • Jizztastic
How many nepo* models are actually skinny though?
Polemically though, these days, how many models are actually skinny?* Fashion week has thus far been more march of the penguins than catwalk.

* yes, there are exceptions and we all love the few who uphold some version of a standard

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 11 users
Polemically though, these days, how many models are actually skinny?* Fashion week has thus far been more march of the penguins than catwalk.

* yes, there are exceptions and we all love the few who uphold some version of a standard

You make a good point. However NY Fashion Week seems to be particularly bad. I recall seeing plenty of thinspo at Paris FW. Though there definitely seems to be a shift away from the super skinny model ATM. I wonder how much of it is designer’s choice and the “healthy” model body type now considered the ideal ( like in the 80s) or is it a case of designers simply wanting to avoid any negative publicity for using “scary skinny” models.

How many nepo* models are actually skinny though? Can’t think of any off the top of my head. Kaia bucked the trend by even becoming SG skinny in the first place. Am sure now that she’s realised she doesn’t need to be super skinny to book jobs, I can’t see her losing the weight. If anything I can see her continuing to gain. Unlike most models, Kaia’s career doesn’t depend on being super skinny so I can see why she would feel she can relax her diet.

i get that she doesn’t need to be extremely skinny to get work, but i like to imagine that according to her prime, she must like or have liked the skinny aesthetic herself, especially seeing how she looked before puberty...

i just can’t imagine being ok with seeing myself looking that bigger (compared to her past self of course) and not missing/wanting back my old legs lol. i feel like a lot of girls on this forum aren’t models but still hold themselves at an extremely high standard of thinness purely for their own preference, especially since the “thicc” look is what’s trendy right now. i’d imagine kaia would be the same, because clearly she isn’t ~naturally skinny~ or whatever and had to make efforts to get her past body.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
You make a good point. However NY Fashion Week seems to be particularly bad. I recall seeing plenty of thinspo at Paris FW. Though there definitely seems to be a shift away from the super skinny model ATM. I wonder how much of it is designer’s choice and the “healthy” model body type now considered the ideal ( like in the 80s) or is it a case of designers simply wanting to avoid any negative publicity for using “scary skinny” models.
New York Fashion Weeks a bit of a mess. The clothes have slowly gotten bigger and bigger it seems to match the increasing sizes in American Ready to Wear Brands. (a size 0 in a European store is not the same as in the States). I've seen some thin girls but they're not the norm here. And I feel like for a lot of brands it can be harmful career wise to be so small. I had some castings and fit to confirms that I didnt book. Obviously there's a lot of factors involved but I'm pretty sure that at least some part of that was due to the fact the clothes were hanging off me and it's much easier to just get a girl that's a bit bigger (there's plenty) than to alter their clothes so much. Pretty sure very few girls actually match the measurements on their show cards these days, at least in New York.

• Sad
  • Useful
Reactions: 5 users
New York Fashion Weeks a bit of a mess. The clothes have slowly gotten bigger and bigger it seems to match the increasing sizes in American Ready to Wear Brands. (a size 0 in a European store is not the same as in the States). I've seen some thin girls but they're not the norm here. And I feel like for a lot of brands it can be harmful career wise to be so small. I had some castings and fit to confirms that I didnt book. Obviously there's a lot of factors involved but I'm pretty sure that at least some part of that was due to the fact the clothes were hanging off me and it's much easier to just get a girl that's a bit bigger (there's plenty) than to alter their clothes so much. Pretty sure very few girls actually match the measurements on their show cards these days, at least in New York.
This was my exact issue this NYFW. The majority of the girls I saw at casting were average sized and above. It’s wild to me how it’s gone from me needing to lose weight a few years ago to fit into sample sizes to me suddenly not booking fit-to-confirms due to the clothes being too big.

• Sad
It’s so frustrating that after finally doing this modeling thing and finally going to castings I am surrounded by average bodied models as well who will most likely get the show over me just because of today’s society...if you can feel my rage through the screen...

• Agree
  • Sad
i get that she doesn’t need to be extremely skinny to get work, but i like to imagine that according to her prime, she must like or have liked the skinny aesthetic herself, especially seeing how she looked before puberty...

i just can’t imagine being ok with seeing myself looking that bigger (compared to her past self of course) and not missing/wanting back my old legs lol. i feel like a lot of girls on this forum aren’t models but still hold themselves at an extremely high standard of thinness purely for their own preference, especially since the “thicc” look is what’s trendy right now. i’d imagine kaia would be the same, because clearly she isn’t ~naturally skinny~ or whatever and had to make efforts to get her past body.

I agree with you to some point, but I think I speak for all of us saying that the skinny lifestyle is for sure no walk in the park. It‘s not just exercising once or twice a week or passing on the sweets, it really is a lifestyle which can be frustrating sometimes too. 99% of the girls I know wish to be skinny and consider a model‘s body as beautiful and admirable, but most of them just fail to maintain that lifestyle. All the women bouncing back from diets to their old eating habits - they are not able to maintain, get frustrated and don‘t care enough eventually. Some of my friends try very hard to lose weight but it would cost them a lot more effort than me and they give up at some point. Being as skinny as Kaia in her prime costs a lot of determination and commitment and we all know about the fine line of being SG skinny and just being slim. I doubt that Kaia suddenly started to have three full meals a day, she definitely still sticks to a diet to some point but not as she used to. It happens to most. I for example was hard on the border when I signed up here and it was not like that I didn‘t watch my intake or got completely lost, I just increased my calorie intake and didn‘t work out as I used to. I obviously wasn‘t happy with my body at all back then and had to pull myself up to find back into my routine. It‘s not a question of aesthetics or satisfaction but of discipline and strength of will.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
Let's not forget Kaia used to look like this:

View attachment 61873

If in her 14's she had that body, I'm quite sure her metabolism is not that great.

I know that a lot of people here think she recently hit puberty. Judging by this photo though, I’m pretty sure she went through puberty a while ago and is just slipping right now. Fluctuations can be normal and I wouldn’t be surprised by the political climate in the fashion industry, that she had pressure to gain weight.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
caption said she has been going to the gym almost everyday for fashion week... hopefully she’ll have her legs back to their prime soon :luv:
(can you tell kaia used to be my fave thinspo lol)

56D81033-8DD4-423A-A65E-F7739C48F507.jpeg
D239B1DD-D5A1-4DBE-9B19-0370E36CF4C7.jpeg
EDB8AA18-22D2-436F-9A01-4652BF72EF65.jpeg
E3BB9508-A754-4E8C-BE31-F34712546460.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Random Kaia cameo. Hard to tell for sure but I think her face still looks pretty nice and angular, not like some of the bloated pap photos

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user