Kaia Gerber

I don't like her face
IMG_2629.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Kaia is a pretty girl. She doesn't do much for me as a model, but nepotism being a thing and all, I have no doubt she will have a stellar career. Perhaps in a few years, losing her baby appearance and learning how to work the camera and the light, she will become more interesting.

She's like 15, her face still has to grow and mature. She's incredibly pretty for her age, I looked so weird at 15 lol

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 7 users
^^Barbie doll legs. Can't wait to see how her body transforms past twenty+ years old. Her mom's body was more voluptuous than slender, I feel like she could easily slip if she's not careful.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
^^Barbie doll legs. Can't wait to see how her body transforms past twenty+ years old. Her mom's body was more voluptuous than slender, I feel like she could easily slip if she's not careful.

Agree. Cindy pretty much came out and said so a few years ago:

"Today, models are expected to be so tiny and I worry about that for her, because that was never my natural body type and I don't think it'll be hers either," said Cindy. "Still, I'll say to her, 'Enjoy carbs while you can!'"

http://www.eonline.com/au/news/6996...-to-be-so-tiny-and-i-worry-about-that-for-her

Reactions: 1 user
She's like 15, her face still has to grow and mature. She's incredibly pretty for her age, I looked so weird at 15 lol
meanwhile we have a TON of real models (Avant, other MA's and development boards) who are the same age and aren't given the benefit of the doubt...i think saying her face isn't "right" is fair game at this age

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
meanwhile we have a TON of real models (Avant, other MA's and development boards) who are the same age and aren't given the benefit of the doubt...i think saying her face isn't "right" is fair game at this age

Exactly. Facial structure doesn't change much after early to mid teens. The main thing that changes facial appearance after those ages is weight gain or loss.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users
I mean I don't know, Sasha Luss looked completely different when she was with Avant. Her bone structure is fine, her face might look 'off' because most kids have to grow into their looks at that age, and she's still very pretty. She does not offend me, she's getting work that's age appropriate (other than the MJ beauty contract) and she has a great body. We all know what's the fashion industry trend right now

Reactions: 1 users
I mean I don't know, Sasha Luss looked completely different when she was with Avant. Her bone structure is fine, her face might look 'off' because most kids have to grow into their looks at that age, and she's still very pretty. She does not offend me, she's getting work that's age appropriate (other than the MJ beauty contract) and she has a great body. We all know what's the fashion industry trend right now

I don't think she looks "off" - it's hard not to see her mother in her face which is maybe why people think she looks weird.

She's pretty but "goofy" looking. She's not the worst to come out of the current new crop but that's hardly a compliment.

• Agree
I mean I don't know, Sasha Luss looked completely different when she was with Avant.

True.

photo.html

Although she's still with Avant. When Sasha started at IQ ten(!) years ago, she was 15 years old, and we can pretty safely presume her facial bones were fully, or almost fully, developed at the time. Her height is a good indicator she'd already been through menarche. I believe the perceived difference rather is due to a loss of buccal fat and improved modeling skills.

Kaia's around the same age as Sasha starting out, and it's not completely unlikely that her cheekbones will appear more prominently as she approaches 20. She's still just a pretty face, though, bland and uninteresting à la Taylor Hill... It doesn't fit the contemporary gestalt. Cindy's observation that the 90s would have been a more appropriate time for her daughter to launch a modelling career (paraphrasing) is very accurate. Today, Kaia's look feels a bit outdated.

If she were in the New Faces thread honestly, I would think she was cute. That's about it. Kaia's features work well enough together but I think she inherited her father's closer-set eyes and it's throwing things off a bit.

On a positive note, I love her proportions and she is selling me these shorts:
4269F0E900000578-4702974-image-a-29_1500283477781.jpg

• Agree
If she were in the New Faces thread honestly, I would think she was cute. That's about it. Kaia's features work well enough together but I think she inherited her father's closer-set eyes and it's throwing things off a bit.

With those legs she would have been scouted regardless

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

I hope her older looks don't get her into trouble. I don't know what 15 year old has a night out on the town like she does.

• Agree
I'm so torn on this one. She seems really annoying but I'd be lying if I didn't say I think her body is amazing! Definitely a little bit middle thick but I'd trade my torso any day for those legs.

I feel like she's one of the only "nepotistic pseudo-models" that has a chance of actually making it big, though I do hope she sticks to commercial stuff.

sidenote: @elle_w00ds -
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that pic of Sasha!! Like how do you take literal perfection and do her like that?!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user