Kaia Gerber

definitely- which makes me even more curious as to how she's been able to lose so much and maintain consistently. I get she's almost 17 and is growing with good genes, but there has to be more than that. There is such a stark contrast between these two shots let alone from 3 years ago! Wish puberty had been this nice to me haha View attachment 25784

Hard work, determination and self-discipline ;)

Friends i know who have worked with her say she eats next to nothing
Really? I'm genuinely surprised as I always presumed she was just the 'teen skinny' that is very common.

A lot of girls are thin/ner than her and eat normal, or even more.

• Funny
Reactions: 1 users
Really? I'm genuinely surprised as I always presumed she was just the 'teen skinny' that is very common.

A lot of girls are thin/ner than her and eat normal, or even more.
You seriously think a girl that was 15-20 lbs heavier only a couple years ago, when her metabolism was probably even faster, doesn't diet at all? Did you forget most/all skinny models we post here are in their teens too? Are they just 'teen skinny'? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Agree
Reactions: 15 users
You seriously think a girl that was 15-20 lbs heavier only a couple years ago, when her metabolism was probably even faster, doesn't diet at all? Did you forget most/all skinny models we post here are in their teens too? Are they just 'teen skinny'? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Good point!
I never actually thought about that to be honest, I just look at her “skinny” pictures and nothing else.
I wonder what her mother says, since she has seemed quite preachy in interviews about health etc

upload_2018-7-31_18-23-6.jpeg

-taken from the snej board... i dont remember who made this but credit to them :)

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
definitely- which makes me even more curious as to how she's been able to lose so much and maintain consistently. I get she's almost 17 and is growing with good genes, but there has to be more than that. There is such a stark contrast between these two shots let alone from 3 years ago! Wish puberty had been this nice to me haha View attachment 25784

An acquaintance of mine who went to LA and hung out with her group told me that she likes Adderall... But I am really hesitant to post this because I don't want to damage her reputation - please just take this as a second hand rumour. Keep in mind the caveat that it's really common in certain environments, it helps many people study and some people get prescriptions for good reasons.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't get over how good she's looking; I don't care about the nepotism at all she has so much earned her place.

Qt_ktkqTURBXy9iMWI3N2I4OTQ0NzFmZGE0N2NkMTliNzgwYTEwNzc4ZC5qcGVnkpUCzQPAAMLDlQIAzQPAwsM.jpg
kaia-gerber-con-sus-amigos.jpg
IeOktkqTURBXy9iYjAzODc2ZmI2NDA0OTM3MTYyNDBlZDYwOWFiMzkyNy5qcGVnkpUCzQPAAMLDlQIAzQPAwsM.jpg
kaia-gerber-en-bikini.jpg

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Friends i know who have worked with her say she eats next to nothing
Rolling my eyes at the "sad" reactions :eyeroll: How sad and melancholy that the girl we revere for being skinny is not magically skinny because of *metabolism* and actually has to work for it by eating very little as is mirrored in, I don't know, like 90% of the starving contests on this forum? Ah yes, how much better to imagine that it's not purposeful at all and that starving and skinniness have no correlation.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Rolling my eyes at the "sad" reactions :eyeroll: How sad and melancholy that the girl we revere for being skinny is not magically skinny because of *metabolism* and actually has to work for it by eating very little as is mirrored in, I don't know, like 90% of the starving contests on this forum? Ah yes, how much better to imagine that it's not purposeful at all and that starving and skinniness have no correlation.

Plus "very little" is so nondescript. These days that could mean anything from a leaf of arugula per day to 1500 calories worth of greens and lean protein. Presuming the accuracy of her stats provided in this thread, I pretty much mirrored her at age 16-17 and could easily maintain on 1400-1500 without exercise, which is a rather hearty allowance imo.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Yes, it's important to acknowledge that being skinny takes hard work, and we should dispel the 'natural thin' myth whenever possible. But as much as we love to starve, it's part of our forum culture to give a shit about whether someone has an ED. We need to avoid creating a little echo chamber in which skinnier always equals better: objective measures of health do exist, and this is a 16 year old girl. There's reason to be concerned that long term starving could stunt growth or affect her brain. We shouldn't dismiss these concerns just because she has great legs.

Plus "very little" is so nondescript. These days that could mean anything from a leaf of arugula per day to 1500 calories worth of greens and lean protein. Presuming the accuracy of her stats provided in this thread, I pretty much mirrored her at age 16-17 and could easily maintain on 1400-1500 without exercise, which is a rather hearty allowance imo.
Since it's coming from a VIP on SG I would assume it's somewhere closer to the arugula end of the spectrum..?

• Agree
it's part of our forum culture to give a shit about whether someone has an ED
This is not even close to all I want to say because I hate typing on my phone but omfg eating even extremely little in and of itself ≠ psychological eating disorder, stop diagnosing people over the internet.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
This is not even close to all I want to say because I hate typing on my phone but omfg eating even extremely little in and of itself ≠ psychological eating disorder, stop diagnosing people over the internet.
I was typing on my phone myself and took shortcuts so evidently I did not express myself clearly: I do not think that (!!!) and never EVER have. Her dropping such a massive amount of weight during the teen years is definitely something that has caused mass speculation on and off these forums. I am not diagnosing her. All I was saying is that we should not turn a blind eye to the possibility. We shouldn't see models as objects (although they make great subjects, this is a different thing - anyway, I don't want to get into an 'objectification' debate now) and we should express concern for their wellbeing in situations like these. For example, in the Alesya Kaf thread people discussed her sad home situation and speculated about drug use, and they didn't have a medical certificate from her doctor. As a girl her age, every other girl I know who dropped to Kaia weight was diagnosed with an ED. This includes so many of my friends. Anyway, the rest of my point stands whether she has an ED or is just smart with restricting (and I do think the latter is more likely).

Edit: I just hate the taboo around discussing EDs. I think this is part of the problem. Mentioning that you care for someone's health is not diagnosing.

In reference to my answer to @_sl1mbaby_ and NoOne's reaction, I think the point is that anyone dropping to such a low weight has to do it partially intentionally, probably by eating a very little amount, and probably closer to the arugula end of the spectrum yes (at least I'm assuming).

@angelalamode I do understand your point/worries, but in my opinion, the quantity of food she eats and whether or not she has an ED is a completely different matter.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Yes, it's important to acknowledge that being skinny takes hard work, and we should dispel the 'natural thin' myth whenever possible. But as much as we love to starve, it's part of our forum culture to give a shit about whether someone has an ED. We need to avoid creating a little echo chamber in which skinnier always equals better: objective measures of health do exist, and this is a 16 year old girl. There's reason to be concerned that long term starving could stunt growth or affect her brain. We shouldn't dismiss these concerns just because she has great legs.

Since it's coming from a VIP on SG I would assume it's somewhere closer to the arugula end of the spectrum..?
If eating 'next to nothing' (i.e. restriction well below what would be medically considered one's "natural" caloric allowance) inherently meant a person had an ed, every model we post (or post out of admiration, at least) would 'have an ed'...You're also clearly forgetting that the vast majority of ed diagnosis is based on psychological, not physical, symptoms and characteristics (i.e. irrational perception of one's shape or weight, panic over weight or weight gain, distorted body image, association of weight with self worth, panic over overeating (beyond mere guilt/frustration), purging or other compensatory behaviors, etc.) To answer the question, 'next to nothing' meant far more than a single leaf of lettuce a day lol, but yes, definitely restriction, skipping some meals, replacing meals with smoothies or juices, no sweets, very little starch/carbohydrate, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
If eating 'next to nothing' (i.e. restriction well below what would be medically considered one's "natural" caloric allowance) inherently meant a person had an ed, every model we post (or post out of admiration, at least) would 'have an ed'...You're also clearly forgetting that the vast majority of ed diagnosis is based on psychological, not physical, symptoms and characteristics (i.e. irrational perception of one's shape or weight, panic over weight or weight gain, distorted body image, association of weight with self worth, panic over overeating (beyond mere guilt/frustration), purging or other compensatory behaviors, etc.) To answer the question, 'next to nothing' meant far more than a single leaf of lettuce a day lol, but yes, definitely restriction, skipping some meals, replacing meals with smoothies or juices, no sweets, very little starch/carbohydrate, etc.
Also reiterating what was said earlier....ALMOST ALL "HOT/BREAKOUT" RUNWAY MODELS ARE IN THEIR TEENS. You think they "naturally" are that size? Maybe a few...maybe a few more are naturally skinny, but then restrict more to be even thinner. Rest assured, the majority of them work very hard all year round to be the size that they are. If they didn't, things like avant camp/etc. wouldn't exist. It's not easy to be a 23'' waist and a 33'' hip at 5'10, regardless of your age. The vast majority of models, even those in their teens and very early twenties, work very hard and diligently to maintain their weight, and to lose it when necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

That and the fact we praise (actually, revere) Vlada for her self-control.
....I guess Snejana must really be 'natural thin' then. :supershame:

• Funny
Almost every model on my board (mostly new faces) eats "next to nothing" by American teenager standards and that's exactly how I expect it to be. #sorrynotsorry

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 19 users