Kaia Gerber

She is beautiful, but I feel that she is on her way to burning herself out before she turns 18. I hope that isn't the case.

I think believing that Cindy is imposing some sort of diet or skinny standard on her is absurd. I mean, never say never, but it doesn’t make sense. Cindy had some serious curves and was one of the biggest models ever without having the connections her daughter had + models like the Hadids/Anna Ewers and I could name so many others aren’t your typical HF skinny yet they’re booking shows all over. Even Vittoria Ceretti who is a fashion favorite without being a nepo model is not as skinny as Kaia and that’s never been a problem for her. If Kaia has an ed I don’t think it’s been ‘forced’ on her. Her insta la friends are all super skinny as well so it could be that she felt some kind of competition and then of course pressure when she started modelling.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I think believing that Cindy is imposing some sort of diet or skinny standard on her is absurd. I mean, never say never, but it doesn’t make sense. Cindy had some serious curves and was one of the biggest models ever without having the connections her daughter had + models like the Hadids/Anna Ewers and I could name so many others aren’t your typical HF skinny yet they’re booking shows all over. Even Vittoria Ceretti who is a fashion favorite without being a nepo model is not as skinny as Kaia and that’s never been a problem for her. If Kaia has an ed I don’t think it’s been ‘forced’ on her. Her insta la friends are all super skinny as well so it could be that she felt some kind of competition and then of course pressure when she started modelling.
I agree, there definitely is the obvious pressure of maintaining her mother's legacy as well as creating one for herself amongst such a competitive industry. Stress combined with her own (speculative) restrictive behavior makes sense due to a factor of control and perfectionism. With the current focus on nepotistic models in the industry (like the Hadids/Jenners) who have questionable physiques, Kaia may not be the tallest (yet), but she can be the skinniest and with that set herself apart in her own way. Which clearly she has, and with that receive praise because fashion and today's current society is built off idealizing such a lithe figure.
Also cannot rule out the influence of social media and how that morphs the perspective of attainable reality/beauty standards especially someone her age. To make matters interesting, as Marie pointed out, Vittoria is from a completely different background (i.e. non-famous family, discovered from a model competition), she is no where near as tiny as Kaia but manages to maintain a steady stream of high profile work. So obviously, Kaia could decide to gain and it wouldn't be an issue because the demand for work from "Cindy's lookalike" would outweigh anything else.

Yeah I agree. She probably just wants to be skinny, like if she's getting her photograph taken all the time and walking runways and its her job like...why wouldn't she want to be. I personally think she looks fine still, and not like "deathly skinny" or even THAT unhealthy.

Amazing body but sometimes it looks like she has forward head posture (although maybe it's just the pap photos?)

Oh trust me, I feel you on that. It’s why I never eat before a shoot as well LOL. I was just curious as to whether she truly relied on mostly her teenage metabolism or not.
I definietly think she restricts a lot. I think someone posted this earlier in the thread, but this picture and article is from 2015, and it’s clear to see that she was not as skinny as she is now. She could’ve lost some baby fat in her face etc, but those legs are nothing like her legs now. I have no idea about what she eats to maintain her skinniness though. As everyone said, I hope she is ok and that it’s mostly just her being tired and stressed out from fashion week
36539BDA-BF0F-4DE4-92B7-D356D1E4B9EA.jpeg

I definietly think she restricts a lot. I think someone posted this earlier in the thread, but this picture and article is from 2015, and it’s clear to see that she was not as skinny as she is now. She could’ve lost some baby fat in her face etc, but those legs are nothing like her legs now. I have no idea about what she eats to maintain her skinniness though. As everyone said, I hope she is ok and that it’s mostly just her being tired and stressed out from fashion week
View attachment 22174
I know two girls who have been (2017/2018) Kaia-thin their entire lives--they certainly don't stuff themselves with fast food 24/7, but they enjoy themselves, eat what they want, and never have any noticeable weight fluctuations. I used to think that Kaia was similar to those girls (who are definitely anomalies); after seeing old pictures, it's obvious she's definitely not naturally as skinny as she is today, but she is super lanky and seemingly lost a decent amount of weight as she got taller well before entering the fashion industry. I'd guess she probably lost 15 pounds before Sept 2017 looking at comparison photos from earlier in the year. I'm also really curious to know how she did it--I'm inclined to think she restricts pretty heavily just because of how she's aged. Facially, some people (like Snej and Vlada) look perfectly fine at extremely low BMIs, but when I look at Kaia she looks kind of gaunt. IDK, just my two cents.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
She has an amazing body, but I have the feeling that she still hasn’t developed yet, she has such small hips and considering the size of her mother’s hips, they still have to grow

Irritated? Is there a specific show you noticed this? Just curious
sorry irritated was not the accurate word more so just worn out like her skin is flat, accentuated by the circles under her eyes and r.b.f in certain lighting/angle makes her seem a bit harsh for 16 reminds me of what @espressoenthusiast had mentioned before in comparison to other models her age.
49B6565E00000578-5452133-image-m-137_1519948101108.jpg

• Agree
Her hair at Chanel gave me a major Cindy parallel. Still uncanny to me how much they look alike
rs_634x1024-150909131407-634.cindy-crawford.cm.9914.jpg
927962958.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users