Kaia Gerber

I do find her beautiful and I'm sure she will grow up into a beautiful woman but I do agree with the points you girls made, why not use all of those money and connections to idk, travel amazing places? Or get yourself a proper education? These girls have access to the best universities in the world. They could do SO much good for others too If they wanted to but they chose the vaniest thing instead, the easiest career path. And yes, I'm aware that modelling/acting or whatever are legit and hard jobs but not for them, they of course skip the hardest part. They want to be models just like teenage girls want to be prom queens or get into cheerleading, it's literally just status and a popularity contest for them. It's actually sad if you think about it, but good for them If they don't have any other goal or ambition in their lives

While I agree with sentiment behind your post, many of these girls are simply following in their parents' footsteps, eg. in Kaia's case, mummy was a model and now she is trying to become one. It's very common for children to end up working in the same occupation as one of their parents, whether that's a model, lawyer, doctor, teacher etc. In fact, some parents place huge pressure on their children to work in the same profession as they do/did. I have a friend who is studying law because mum and dad are lawyers and expect her to work as a lawyer too. She hates it and wants to work as a nurse but doesn't want to "disappoint" them. Not saying this is definitely the case with the likes of Kaia and others, but just another perspective to consider :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm with you, growing up in an industry where your body is the main focus has royally fucked me up. Add in a mother who comments on my being underweight and my parents buying a personal training business nearly sent me over the edge without them realizing the damage they were causing me. I don't think for several years I noticed it either. Yeah, it's the same with any celeb kid, they could be doing a lot more for the world. Fuck, so could I.

I second this.

Reactions: 1 user
Nepotism is clearly the most useful asset one can have these days.
I like Kaia more than a lot of the others because she's at least thin/has a good face. That being said, 14 for a major campaign like that is outargeous--not just from a nepotism standpoint, but from a "14 year olds don't wear that much makeup and adult women probably aren't too hot on seeing a middle schooler promoting things that they want to buy" standpoint

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I like Kaia more than a lot of the others because she's at least thin/has a good face. That being said, 14 for a major campaign like that is outargeous--not just from a nepotism standpoint, but from a "14 year olds don't wear that much makeup and adult women probably aren't too hot on seeing a middle schooler promoting things that they want to buy" standpoint

All of this is true; I'd personally rather see someone older in makeup adverts because I want to see how it works on skin that needs a bit of makeup. Although all the ads are 'shopped so much it probably doesn't matter any more. They could use a computer generated image or a mannequin half the time and I doubt anyone would notice.

• Agree
Her editorials are really good already and she looks like a thinner version of her mother, like less bombshell. But scoring such a major beauty contract at 14 is so unfair and it's definitely too soon for her young age. Something like Covergirl or rimmel would've been more appropriate

• Agree
Not usually one to pull the "too young" card, but I do think she's too young (like my opinion means anything.)

Of all these girls, she's got it the most set-up, there is no harm in waiting especially if you're the daughter of Cindy Crawford. I don't get it, her body looks like a child, and not in a Vlada fairy, dainty way.

Going through her instagram and seeing the way 14 year olds look these days is....crazy.

• Agree
She will grow up to be the most beautiful/modelesque out of all the nepotism girls, that's for sure

• Gross
  • Sad
She will grow up to be the most beautiful/modelesque out of all the nepotism girls, that's for sure

It's kind of sad to watch this. "Networking"? "Master your beauty routine"? Girl, you're 14 and not your 50-year-old mother.

Then again, she looks like a less striking version of her mother, which makes her incredibly, seriously boring. Maybe she's still an improvement to other nepotism girls (if she stays somewhat slim), but that's not really an achievement.

• Agree
It's kind of sad to watch this. "Networking"? "Master your beauty routine"? Girl, you're 14 and not your 50-year-old mother.

Then again, she looks like a less striking version of her mother, which makes her incredibly, seriously boring. Maybe she's still an improvement to other nepotism girls (if she stays somewhat slim), but that's not really an achievement.
Not that I care about defending her but the video is definitely supposed to be funny/satirical, even if it's cringeworthy.
I still find her beautiful, she doesn't have the same charisma as her mother but then again she's so young...

• Agree
Sorry, these days I can't say what's meant to be satirical anymore. In this case it's definitely not that bad.

However, I'll stay with the second part of my posting.

• Agree

The issue is that even if it's supposed to be funny, it's not. She looks dumb yet not in a cute funny way. I couldn't watch the whole video because was too much. I don't care about a 14-year-old girl playing doing the supermodel. Vogue's standards are getting lower and lower.
(Okay maybe this post ended up being angrier than I thought, but still...:hahano:)

• Agree
3A0543C600000578-3900596-A_chip_off_the_old_block_Kaia_appeared_to_have_perfected_her_mod-a-6_1478189524935.jpg
3A0782FB00000578-3900596-Time_to_go_The_pair_looked_like_they_d_had_a_blast_at_the_party-a-14_1478189525811.jpg

She's got a nice pair of legs. She just looks far too old for her age, if she wanted to seriously model she should've stay away from this look.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
3A0543C600000578-3900596-A_chip_off_the_old_block_Kaia_appeared_to_have_perfected_her_mod-a-6_1478189524935.jpg
3A0782FB00000578-3900596-Time_to_go_The_pair_looked_like_they_d_had_a_blast_at_the_party-a-14_1478189525811.jpg

She's got a nice pair of legs. She just looks far too old for her age, if she wanted to seriously model she should've stay away from this look.
She really has 'model' legs. Skinny, straight and long. I saw on instagram that Monica Rose is her stylist, she's the same woman who styles Gigi, Kendall and all that gang. She's tacky and how unnecessary it is for a 15 year old girl who doesn't even attend that many public events to have a stylist? Her mom would do a better job dressing her

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users

She has great legs and is skinny but she's just 15 - so her metabolism is quite fast. It's better to judge when she reaches her 20s.

• Agree

Her body structure is really nice (good genes!!)
I don't think she's going to gain weight in the future, she's probably under a lot of pressure considering her mother became famous for her beauty and shape.
Unfortunately, that stylist is dumb as hell and should probably change job because now every celeb is competing for the tackiest closet.