K-pop Singers

It's like the survival of fittest. Only the ones who can take the abuse (and keep quiet about it), the grueling hours, the near-zero salary and the lack of prolonged sustenance without falling victim to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain, emerge to become solo superstars. The others either end up addicts, or drop out to return to normal life, or find a wealthy man to marry/be his mistress, or in some sad cases, turn to suicide. Some lucky ones remain in the business but achieve only moderate fame. The shelf life of majority of K-pop singers, especially those in girl bands, is very, very short and tenuous.

Damn, success really comes at a high price. In every single industry, it's like you have to trade your life and soul to be successful... fuck I feel like I'm a slave to my studies (I slept something like 25 hrs all last week, ha) but it all seems like nothing compared to what these girls go through.

Essentially, if you want to be successful, and you're starting from the bottom (no family money, connections backing you), you have to live and breathe your work/art. No time for family, relaxing, personal life, anything else. It's harsh. No wonder so many people choose the life of mediocrity... it's kind of depressing, really :(

(AKB's Minegishi being forced to shave her head for having a boyfriend, for example) .

Really? :wtf:
How did I miss that?

Yes and of course k-pop idols also have very strict rules about their diets as well. I read an article were a former trainee (idol who was not yet debuted) reported that she was not even allowed to drink WATER after 6pm to prevent bloating or something. And of course they are always at the studio pratising their awesome dances...
They really are overworked and paid ridiculously little.

How did I miss that?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/minami-minegishi-shaves-head-and-issues-1569436

A Japanese pop starlet has sparked an outcry after she shaved her head and issued a tearful YouTube apology for spending the night with her boyfriend.

Minami Minegishi, member of popular girl band AKB48, begged for forgiveness in the unnerving video clip after breaking her band’s strict ‘no dating’ rule.

The 20-year-old issued the apology yesterday after a magazine published snaps of her leaving popstar boyfriend’s home after spending the night.

A sobbing Minegishi told fans she had shaved her head as an act of penance and said the tryst had been “thoughtless and immature”.

:confused:

but to be back OT, I find kpop to be much better thinspo. I do like me some 2NE1:luv:

So SNSD performed 'Dream Concert 2013' today, and photos are flying around. Yuri seems to have packed on the pounds.

Here's her a few years ago:

Yuri+(3).jpg

Here's her at the peak of her 'skinny' period:

13s11ec9dbckbsecb695ed9598ec9d8cec9585ed9a8cec82b4ebba80ec9ca0eba6ac6.jpg

And here's the Dream Concert pics:

S7hjEnR.jpg

uxsYtrb.jpg

Definitely not my bias anymore. :nervous: :run:

so snsd performed 'dream concert 2013' today, and photos are flying around. Yuri seems to have packed on the pounds.

Here's her a few years ago:

yuri+(3).jpg

here's her at the peak of her 'skinny' period:

13s11ec9dbckbsecb695ed9598ec9d8cec9585ed9a8cec82b4ebba80ec9ca0eba6ac6.jpg

and here's the dream concert pics:

s7hjenr.jpg

uxsytrb.jpg

definitely not my bias anymore. :nervous: :run:

Wow. Can they really be the same person? She definitely worked hard to be skinny.

Well, the thing with Yuri was, she got a LOT of negative comeback and critisism for her weight loss (and we all know how manic kpop fans become when it comes to their idols' health). So Yuri waspressured to put the weight back on... :c

A little offtopic here...but a girl on youtube called "Oiseau88" is korean and her proportions are phenomenal! 5 ft.7 and 100 pounds :D She is a ballerina~

If you like "Oiseau88", you might also like "beautifymeeh." Her name is Angel and she does beauty tutorials also. She also just had a baby but is still gorgeous and so skinny. Though her diet and fitness tips aren't the best. (She posts lots of pics of food)

Untitled-1.jpg

a4.jpg

ANGEL1.jpg

Her youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/v

and her blog: http://www.beautifymeeh.com/

How did I miss that?

Yes and of course k-pop idols also have very strict rules about their diets as well. I read an article were a former trainee (idol who was not yet debuted) reported that she was not even allowed to drink WATER after 6pm to prevent bloating or something. And of course they are always at the studio pratising their awesome dances...
They really are overworked and paid ridiculously little.

I read somewhere that 2PM (or was it MBLAQ?) wasn't allowed water while they were training (to motivate them or something) so they could easily be sweating for hours with intense training without water :wtf:

has anyone been on gurugossip?
they talk a lot about beautifymeeh.

honestly i am very jealous of beautifymeeh. her first child was a boy, healthy boy, which every asian parents want. she is pretty freaking skinny for her age. and she's gorgeous too. and she has a pretty good looking husband who can cook!

Not to revive a dead thread for no reason... But for all the Sooyoung fans out there, this album has 2117 shots of her... :luvluv:

I adore Sooyoung, she's my ultimate thinspo!!! Sooyoung is 5'7" and 99 lbs :bow: I simply can't get enough of her :grin:

She was originally in Girls Generation, but has since starred in Dating Agency: Cyrano (an adorable Korean drama that's a must see if you're in to foreign entertainment ;) )

Not to revive a dead thread for no reason... But for all the Sooyoung fans out there, this album has 2117 shots of her... :luvluv:

I adore Sooyoung, she's my ultimate thinspo!!! Sooyoung is 5'7" and 99 lbs :bow: I simply can't get enough of her :grin:

She was originally in Girls Generation, but has since starred in Dating Agency: Cyrano (an adorable Korean drama that's a must see if you're in to foreign entertainment ;) )

omg her legs are perfection <3
new thinspo!

Due to following your recommendation, I thoroughly enjoyed myself by watching the show. :kiss:

She is actually 108 pounds. On the other hand their agencies lie about their real weight:

http://www.ohkpop.com/98874/ns-yoon-g-gets-on-the-scale-to-reveal-her-real-weight

http://snsddreamz.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/taeyeon-jessica-and-tiffany-reveal-the-truth-behind-girls-generations-weight-and-meal-plans/

:hmm:

Love Sooyoung! She's the skinniest in all of SNSD. It's a shame Yuri gained weight after Hoot promotions because she was so ethereally skinny during then. Now she's quite round...

Kahi formerly of After School is also great athletic thinspo!

She is skinny, and i love her legs, but it is obvious she's an apple and has naturally skinny limbs. If she'd gain her legs would stay pretty much the same. You can tell by her face. If I only saw her upper body and head, without the legs, I'd guess she was on the chunky side. Nevertheless, she is absolutely gorgeous <3