K-pop Singers

IU is really dainty and lovely and is pretty thin, though not really SG standard. She has been open about having had an ED in the past but now achieves her skinniness in a healthy way after having had treatment
51EB4D4E-A0B8-4283-9915-C548252CC582.jpeg

45EC4BB2-E94B-4928-935F-4D7C13772E90.jpeg
E7C732FE-EBAB-489D-A901-313DE026DABA.jpeg

3AE8CDC0-38E5-45DE-8467-5FD3C84D1767.jpeg
5204496A-0874-4A4D-AC2F-EDFFF90E8354.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Wendy from Red Velvet. She used to be very chubby and then lost a lot of weight (around 33 lbs/15 kg in around 4 months). She revealed her diet and along with that she quotes “I satisfy myself by watching the other members eat.” Many Korean fans congratulated her on her weight loss while most international fans were judging here even more, even though the weight loss is part of her job, a lot of people were accusing her of having an ed, even though she doesn't seem to be very stressed about her image anymore and hasn't been yo-yo dieting after her recent weight loss.

Wendy2.jpg

Before weight-loss:
Chubby Wendy.jpg

Wendy3.jpg

Pictures International fans were practically bulling her for because her ribs were showing (which will obviously happen when you have little stomach fat and raise your hands like that):
Wendy 4.jpg

Wendy 1.jpg

I will say with from what I've seen mainly with kpop idols is that their weight loss shows the most in their midsection/stomach and they tend to have larger legs. I see a lot of female idols with very small 20 inch waists with 17/18 inch thighs. Not sure if this is because they are dancers therefore having more muscle on their legs, making them bigger, or if there's another reason, but would appreciate any insight anyone has on this.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I too find that most k-pop idols carry more weight in their legs, and I would guess that is due to all the dancing, especially since many have been dancing from a younger age and therefore have built up more muscle in the leg and namely thigh area.
There are some exceptions to this, however, I find Yukyung from Elris to have nice legs actually, and although she is around 5'1 she's said to be 81lbs.
DhlxTN-WAAIoZuY.jpg

Yukyung-1.jpg

I like her doll-like look and I think her arms are nice and graceful.

Doyeon from Weki Meki has a nice body shape too
201810111651772934_5bbf012e88f7a.jpg

I don't really think she's sg skinny, mainly because of her more muscular legs but I like her waist shape.
6d46fda567e4ac29c235df7eac4188af.jpg

Honestly, I struggled to think of many idols with slim thighs, many will have skinny calves but less so in the upper thigh area. Maybe because of muscle, and in general, I think most have toned thighs from dancing and such. Although these aren't really my goal body I can at least admire aspects of it. I think in general k-pop idols have very nice waists.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I too find that most k-pop idols carry more weight in their legs, and I would guess that is due to all the dancing, especially since many have been dancing from a younger age and therefore have built up more muscle in the leg and namely thigh area.
There are some exceptions to this, however, I find Yukyung from Elris to have nice legs actually, and although she is around 5'1 she's said to be 81lbs.
View attachment 71866
View attachment 71867
I like her doll-like look and I think her arms are nice and graceful.

Doyeon from Weki Meki has a nice body shape tooView attachment 71876
I don't really think she's sg skinny, mainly because of her more muscular legs but I like her waist shape.
View attachment 71877
Honestly, I struggled to think of many idols with slim thighs, many will have skinny calves but less so in the upper thigh area. Maybe because of muscle, and in general, I think most have toned thighs from dancing and such. Although these aren't really my goal body I can at least admire aspects of it. I think in general k-pop idols have very nice waists.
Doyeon is the kind of girl I’d want wearing nothing but Louboutin’s and a smile. Not SG skinny for sure but damn. Sends my little gay heart aflutter.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I'm suddenly reminded of Lia from ITZY. At ITZY's debut, she was pretty average, more chubby in her face area. This was her in February of 2019.
F31F76D2-563C-4302-A0D2-6696732662D1.jpg

Maybe it's just the picture but she seems more on the chubbier side for an idol.
This was her in December, though.
db734294651c252f98cd67de0a7c53c47a71ae7a.gif

EM8q2OUVAAE36No.jpg

I think she looks a lot better and stands out a lot more, her lines are more elegant and I like her shoulder area a lot, it looks vastly different than in February and her waist is much better defined even with a chunky belt. I like that her face still maintains a little bit of the innocent look without the extra face fat.
I think it's a pretty admirable transformation and in a pretty short amount of time, there aren't any exact stats or numbers since she hasn't talked much and ITZY hasn't promoted since August, but hopefully, she looks this nice for their next comeback in March.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I'm suddenly reminded of Lia from ITZY. At ITZY's debut, she was pretty average, more chubby in her face area. This was her in February of 2019.
View attachment 71906
Maybe it's just the picture but she seems more on the chubbier side for an idol.
This was her in December, though.
View attachment 71907
View attachment 71908
I think she looks a lot better and stands out a lot more, her lines are more elegant and I like her shoulder area a lot, it looks vastly different than in February and her waist is much better defined even with a chunky belt. I like that her face still maintains a little bit of the innocent look without the extra face fat.
I think it's a pretty admirable transformation and in a pretty short amount of time, there aren't any exact stats or numbers since she hasn't talked much and ITZY hasn't promoted since August, but hopefully, she looks this nice for their next comeback in March.
And of course people are kicking up a fuss about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Swinging back to Rosé, I stumbled upon this YT channel that dos almost exclusively videos on kpop stars weight loss.

It feels weird bc I def get ED vibes from this, but they also have things like "Beautiful Weight Gain" so 🤷‍♀️

I freaking love AMFG! I binge watch their videos all the time!!! I wish I had the legs of lots of the idols in their videos, so skinny! I also love the kpop weight loss motivation videos from swoosh, I believe there are eight of them.

Oldie, Jaekyung from Rainbow. I remember their debut, I was stunned by her figure. Apparently she’s more of an actress now but the group is still active.
688894E5-2391-480B-8526-FE28A9027E6E.jpeg
4E9C8FF4-9E9C-4CD4-BD0A-704CB7E7E33C.jpeg
A521AF8E-B5B3-4A4C-81D0-131BED4D0AE6.jpeg
77902FCD-328D-4407-934B-9DAD88321FB6.jpeg
8FF88E2F-CBF0-4C0E-A69A-BE7B4BF21F9A.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I noticed we haven't mentioned sunmi yet in this thread!

original.jpg

sunmi1.jpg

and i like her legs a lot in this performance:

sunmi is my ult bias, her legs and collarbones are perfect !!
2018 blackpink has a special place in my heart, though. international fans and even k-netizens were calling them too skinny, honestly they had like the perfect bodies

Image result for blackpink skinny