Julia Frakes

F

fashionextreme

juliafrakes108.jpg

juliafrakes107.jpg

Yes, I know her, she said she was so skinny because of some Crohn syndrom. Any weight guesses, if she is 5'5, from what I heard?

Yes, I know her, she said she was so skinny because of some Crohn syndrom. Any weight guesses, if she is 5'5, from what I heard?

I think she is too skinny, that can't be Chron . I know many people with Chron, but they aren't skinny at all.But I heard it too :eek:. I guess around 86??

I think she is too skinny, that can't be Chron . I know many people with Chron, but they aren't skinny at all.But I heard it too :eek:. I guess around 86??

:kiss:

I have read that she is a fashion icon, that she has her own fashion blog and she is appreciated in the bussines.

However, wonder what she eats, I think she must be a raw vegan...

Crohn's disease does cause weight loss in some people, which is understandable given the nature of how it effects the body. She says she has it and I'm inclined to believe her since if you were just lying its much easier to say "I'm just naturally this skinny!". She is also a raw vegan which means that her intake is probably pretty low in fat anyway, but it might be to do with her disease as opposed to wanting to be skinny.

I love her profile and jawline, it's very unique.
I'm betting she doesn't look like the 'typical' Crohn's patient because she refuses to take steroids. That would be a huge sacrifice...

Oh, she is really cute :luv:

But is she a real model or a blogger? :confused:

This is the description of Julia taken from her own tumblr site. Whether being signed to Next Models NY and featured on their talent board makes her "real" or not, or whether it's that important a point, I'll leave up to you. :grin:

" Julia Frakes, 22, is a fashion writer, stylist and model currently based in New York.

Julia started her blog, Bunny Bisous, as a sixteen year-old student in rural Pennsylvania. Her musings on fashion and popular culture swiftly caught the attention of Paper Magazine’s iconic editors-in-chief Kim Hastreiter and David Hershkovits. Shortly thereafter, while still in high school, Julia became a columnist for Paper’s ”Fashion Schmashion” blog and a contributor to Paper magazine.

While covering the Haute Couture shows in Paris in 2008, Julia’s distinctive street style made a splash in Women’s Wear Daily, drawing the fashion world’s attention to the industry newcomer. Now an international fashion week regular, Julia is regularly photographed by the leading street style photographers including Scott Schuman for The Sartorialist, Tommy Ton for Style.com, Bill Cunningham of The New York Times, Phil Oh of StreetPeeper, Hanneli for Vogue.com, Jak & Jil, The Cobra Snake, Refinery 29 and Garance Doré.

Julia’s distinctive writing style and tie-ins to art, history and politics have made her a sought-after writer and commentator for fashion magazines worldwide. Julia has contributed to the likes of Japanese Vogue, Teen Vogue, Love Magazine, Japanese Elle, Lula Magazine, The Journal, Vogue Girl Korea, InStyle UK, Lucky Magazine, Japanese Nylon, Magazine 25, Spur and Lurve.

Since signing with Next Model Management’s Special Bookings board in 2009, Julia has been photographed by the likes of Annie Leibovitz, Daniel Jackson, Cass Bird, Chadwick Tyler, Maciek Kobielski, Todd Selby and David Armstrong. Her tastemaker status was cemented after landing GAP China’s first-ever campaign, which was photographed by Annie Leibovitz in August 2010. In November 2010, Julia made her runway debut after Alber Elbaz and LOVE Magazine editor-in-chief Katie Grand personally selected her to walk his Lanvin for H&M fashion show at NYC’s The Pierre Hotel.

Julia’s it-girl status is often documented in the press. Teen Vogue first named Julia Frakes “Blogger of the Moment” in 2008, and most recently the best dressed blogger on the East Coast in their February 2011 issue. Teen Vogue’s Fashion News Director Jane Keltner de Valle tapped Julia and Bryan Boy to be featured in a March 2011 Teen Vogue retrospective celebrating the tenth anniversary of Marc Jacobs’ young diffusion line, Marc by Marc Jacobs. Jane personally photographed the piece at Marc Jacobs International Headquarters and Julia contributed a piece in commemoration of the occasion. Alongside stars of the modeling world, Julia was selected as one of COACD’S The Perrett 100 of 2010—casting director Douglas Perrett’s “ultimate field guide and ode to the decade in models” with artwork by Andrea Mary Marshall. Also recently, Julia was featured in a Phil Oh-photographed fashion feature in New York Magazine, appeared in the Vogue’s May 2011 ”Flash” section alongside Alexa Chung and Carolina Issa, in a vintage profile on casting director Natalie Joos’ acclaimed Tales of Endearment website, and in an article on brand-new and buzzed-about beauty blog Into the Gloss, written by Vogue’s Emily Weiss.

Besides fashion writing and blogging, Julia also serves as the stylist for Rachel Antonoff’s ready-to-wear collections and her buzzed-about footwear collaboration with American heritage brand Bass. Alongside famed photographer Chadwick Tyler, Julia works as editor of the multi-platform portal The Sovereign Nation set to launch in 2011. Julia was photographed for Chloë Sevigny’s book Reds, published in tandem with Opening Ceremony. She also makes a cameo in Lissy Trullie’s music video for “Bad Boy.”

Julia Frakes continues to update her still-popular fashion blog while also working on other projects. Her @BunnyBISOUS twitter account—as featured on Style.com’s Fashion Feed—regularly makes the fashion news rounds for its live exclusives from runway shows and fashion events. Julia’s online presence is constantly growing; she currently boasts over 13,000 Twitter followers and over 5,000 unique visitors to her blog each week."

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the description of Julia taken from her own tumblr site. Whether being signed to Next Models NY and featured on their talent board makes her "real" or not, or whether it's that important a point, I'll leave up to you. :grin:

" Julia Frakes, 22, is a fashion writer, stylist and model currently based in New York.

Julia started her blog, Bunny Bisous, as a sixteen year-old student in rural Pennsylvania. Her musings on fashion and popular culture swiftly caught the attention of Paper Magazine’s iconic editors-in-chief Kim Hastreiter and David Hershkovits. Shortly thereafter, while still in high school, Julia became a columnist for Paper’s ”Fashion Schmashion” blog and a contributor to Paper magazine.

While covering the Haute Couture shows in Paris in 2008, Julia’s distinctive street style made a splash in Women’s Wear Daily, drawing the fashion world’s attention to the industry newcomer. Now an international fashion week regular, Julia is regularly photographed by the leading street style photographers including Scott Schuman for The Sartorialist, Tommy Ton for Style.com, Bill Cunningham of The New York Times, Phil Oh of StreetPeeper, Hanneli for Vogue.com, Jak & Jil, The Cobra Snake, Refinery 29 and Garance Doré.

Julia’s distinctive writing style and tie-ins to art, history and politics have made her a sought-after writer and commentator for fashion magazines worldwide. Julia has contributed to the likes of Japanese Vogue, Teen Vogue, Love Magazine, Japanese Elle, Lula Magazine, The Journal, Vogue Girl Korea, InStyle UK, Lucky Magazine, Japanese Nylon, Magazine 25, Spur and Lurve.

Since signing with Next Model Management’s Special Bookings board in 2009, Julia has been photographed by the likes of Annie Leibovitz, Daniel Jackson, Cass Bird, Chadwick Tyler, Maciek Kobielski, Todd Selby and David Armstrong. Her tastemaker status was cemented after landing GAP China’s first-ever campaign, which was photographed by Annie Leibovitz in August 2010. In November 2010, Julia made her runway debut after Alber Elbaz and LOVE Magazine editor-in-chief Katie Grand personally selected her to walk his Lanvin for H&M fashion show at NYC’s The Pierre Hotel.

Julia’s it-girl status is often documented in the press. Teen Vogue first named Julia Frakes “Blogger of the Moment” in 2008, and most recently the best dressed blogger on the East Coast in their February 2011 issue. Teen Vogue’s Fashion News Director Jane Keltner de Valle tapped Julia and Bryan Boy to be featured in a March 2011 Teen Vogue retrospective celebrating the tenth anniversary of Marc Jacobs’ young diffusion line, Marc by Marc Jacobs. Jane personally photographed the piece at Marc Jacobs International Headquarters and Julia contributed a piece in commemoration of the occasion. Alongside stars of the modeling world, Julia was selected as one of COACD’S The Perrett 100 of 2010—casting director Douglas Perrett’s “ultimate field guide and ode to the decade in models” with artwork by Andrea Mary Marshall. Also recently, Julia was featured in a Phil Oh-photographed fashion feature in New York Magazine, appeared in the Vogue’s May 2011 ”Flash” section alongside Alexa Chung and Carolina Issa, in a vintage profile on casting director Natalie Joos’ acclaimed Tales of Endearment website, and in an article on brand-new and buzzed-about beauty blog Into the Gloss, written by Vogue’s Emily Weiss.

Besides fashion writing and blogging, Julia also serves as the stylist for Rachel Antonoff’s ready-to-wear collections and her buzzed-about footwear collaboration with American heritage brand Bass. Alongside famed photographer Chadwick Tyler, Julia works as editor of the multi-platform portal The Sovereign Nation set to launch in 2011. Julia was photographed for Chloë Sevigny’s book Reds, published in tandem with Opening Ceremony. She also makes a cameo in Lissy Trullie’s music video for “Bad Boy.”

Julia Frakes continues to update her still-popular fashion blog while also working on other projects. Her @BunnyBISOUS twitter account—as featured on Style.com’s Fashion Feed—regularly makes the fashion news rounds for its live exclusives from runway shows and fashion events. Julia’s online presence is constantly growing; she currently boasts over 13,000 Twitter followers and over 5,000 unique visitors to her blog each week."

Ah, thank you. This girl is rather impressive and very cute.

It does seems she is both a real model (in my mind) and a blogger. It's just very rare.
Mostly bloggers can get photographed and treated as models though they are not models in the sense of Freja or Vlada for example.
Same with celebs. They are not models but treated as such.
Does that make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, thank you. This girl is rather impressive and very cute.

It does seems she is both a real model (in my mind) and a blogger. It's just very rare.
Mostly bloggers can get photographed and treated as models though they are not models in the sense of Freja or Vlada for example.
Same with celebs. They are not models but treated as such.
Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes perfect sense. Perhaps she could best be described as "multi-talented." :)