Juicy Couture

B

Babydoll

I realised that there are VEEEERY mixed feelings for Juicy Couture. Some people will love it and others will detest it with their lives.

Personally, I think some stuff they do is pretty and other stuff is ugly and dumb and I wanna barf when I see it :oops: (they make adorable charm bracelets and nice bags with colors so pretty they cheer my day up, but sweats with JUICY on the butt are tacky and ridiculous). However, what I in HATEHATEHATE... Is that people think of it as haute couture. Maybe I'm a snob, but it is seriously annoying!!! The fact that it says "couture" doesn't mean it's ACTUALLY HAUTE COUTURE. Yes, it may be an upscale brand, but that doesn't mean it is couture! Educate yourself please! :rolleyes: Call it contemporary, call it prêt-à-porter, call it affordable luxury or whatever. Just don't call it couture, please! :facepalm:

What I really love about Juicy, is their ads and their choice of models. First Lisa (who made me like Juicy), then Sasha, then Hanne, then Magdalena and Toni!!! :luv:

Juicy-Couture-FW-0708-Lisa-Cant-by-Tim-Walker-5.preview.jpg

Sasha-Pivovarova-for-Juicy-Couture-Viva-La-Juicy-Fragrance-DesignSceneNet-01.jpg

1.png

tumblr_m30uj9woCA1qb6jeto1_1280.jpg
Toni+Garrn+for+Juicy+Couture+Fall+2012-001.jpg

I also love the decor at their stores and the vibe they give off, it just seems to be a mixture of this flirty and girly concept, but with a more sophisticated and regal side. Kind of like the sophisticated version of PINK by VS... get it?

So how do you feel about Juicy gurls? :)

I'm not a huge fan of their stuff, but I do have the perfume "viva la juicy" and I really like it. I wouldn't be caught dead in their clothing or handbag products!

I effin' love the ads in the magazines. But in real life, all i ever see is the sweatpants which make want to light a bitch on fire. And then i see shit like this walking down my 110 degree arizona streets.

mileycyrus.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
IMO velour should not be used on clothes or purses. Ever. Fuzzy fabrics only look good on stuffed animals, maybe even curtains or pillows. Some of their purses are kind of cute but then I think about how much dirt that velour is going to pick up over time.... :superpuke:

For "affordable luxury" I'll much rather the leather bags from Coach or any other boutiques that sell quality leather bags. I'm all about quality, eye candy, and comfort. If all 3 requirements aren't met, I don't like it and I don't buy it.

Although I like the "Viva La Juicy" fragrance, but even then, VS makes a better dupe called "Sexy Little Things Noir Tease" with a prettier bottle.

I have very mixed feelings about Juicy. I abhor the track suits. I do like (and own) some 'normal' clothes. I don't label-whore, so nothing with labels or logos. If people can't tell what it is by the cut or style, then they don't matter. I feel people use Juicy to attempt to impress others since it can be very logo-heavy. This is terrible:

spacer.gif

But I have a soft spot for the super-girly aspects of the label. I mean, how freakin cute is this:

spacer.gif

I do like some of their clothing. Also, some of their jewellery is super cute. I do hate velour though.. the feel of it especially.. makes me cringe.

That is exactly it, it is just affordable luxury, Or Masstige as I like to call it (prestige for the masses) Honestly what luxury brand would make tracksuits?

Reactions: 1 user
After looking at the clothes on this thread, I swiftly had to go to the Chanel thread. I felt dirty looking at these clothes.

As you can probably tell, I detest Juicy (tacky) 'Couture'.

I like their ads in magazines. They are colorful and fun. Thats where it ends. I would never buy anything Juicy. It's tacky and has become the go to "label" for preppy middle school cheerleaders :rolleyes:

Juicy%20Couture%20FW%200708%20%20Lisa%20Cant%20by%20Tim%20Walker%204.preview.jpg

adv_7843.JPG

I have to admit... I'm wearing a V-neck and pants from juicy right now. BUT I'm in bed, going to sleep. Wouldn't be caught dead in one of those tracksuits outside my house :wtf:

I love their perfume. All of the clothing looks tacky to me. I also am just not girly enough to wear their clothes...

Juicy Couture stuff looks cute but I would never actually buy it since it looks a bit childish to me. I don't like seeing people in Juicy sweats outside in the public because it looks tacky! I must admit their perfumes are so pretty but I don't like wearing perfume.

I tried on one of the velour track suits once...but I thought it instantly made me look chunky. Never again!

Meh, I don't really pay attention to it. Though I do like their ads, most of the time. They're much more interesting than most.

That is exactly it, it is just affordable luxury, Or Masstige as I like to call it (prestige for the masses) Honestly what luxury brand would make tracksuits?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

YES! Masstige- this is exactly what Juicy is. So are the basic Coach bags IMO. I hate the Juicy sweatpants and I hate the Coach monogrammed purses. I also think Betsey Johnson falls in this category. Oh lord I could go on about how I hate this "affordable luxury" epidemic but I think I will hold my tongue for now.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

YES! Masstige- this is exactly what Juicy is. So are the basic Coach bags IMO. I hate the Juicy sweatpants and I hate the Coach monogrammed purses. I also think Betsey Johnson falls in this category. Oh lord I could go on about how I hate this "affordable luxury" epidemic but I think I will hold my tongue for now.

OH definitely, if you can buy it at your local mall it falls into this category. The day we see a Chanel open up in a mall with a walmart will be the day the world ends.