Jewlery doesn't slim down with you ;-)

N

Nala

So as much as I am so happy to have lost almost 10 Kilos so far (and working for more of course), I'm kinda sad, that I have rings and bracelets which now became too big for me.
Like the pandora bracelet my bf gave me for my birthday. It slips half way down my arm and almost over my hand off my arm. I guess I have to tell him that I need more charms so make it tighter ;)
But the saddest is the engagement ring of my mother. She gave it to me a few years ago. It's real gold with a real mini-diamond. I am so proud that I could wear it (mostly because it's gold and my sister only wears silver jewlery). But now it's gotten so big that I'm afraid I might lose it. I don't know the exact prizes of resizing by a goldsmith but eventually I have to think about it.

Do you experieced the same thing?

I hate this aspect about losing weight! That and the shrinkage of feet which means beautiful shoes are far too big now :(
As you're still losing weight, i'd definitely recommend holding up on the ring resizing until you reach you're goal weight. In the mean-time, avoid wearing valuables like your mama's ring OR do as i do: wrap a plaster/band-aid around the band a few times (the bit that's facing you're palm) until it fits. I do that and i've never lost a ring.

Actually jewelry does slim down:)

Or at least I slimmed down and since then, there are some old silver rings I can't wear anymore as they would fall off my fingers:(This can be a good thing though:)

So as much as I am so happy to have lost almost 10 Kilos so far (and working for more of course), I'm kinda sad, that I have rings and bracelets which now became too big for me.
Like the pandora bracelet my bf gave me for my birthday. It slips half way down my arm and almost over my hand off my arm. I guess I have to tell him that I need more charms so make it tighter ;)
But the saddest is the engagement ring of my mother. She gave it to me a few years ago. It's real gold with a real mini-diamond. I am so proud that I could wear it (mostly because it's gold and my sister only wears silver jewlery). But now it's gotten so big that I'm afraid I might lose it. I don't know the exact prizes of resizing by a goldsmith but eventually I have to think about it.

Do you experieced the same thing?

My engagement ring is too small :( . As with all my ''special occaison'' jewellry. Still, Its an excuse to ask for more from the Mr. :highfive:

I get to wear some old rings that used to be too small.

But I'm one of the smallest sizes in rings... My bf jokes that he will not propose until he finds a ring that fits.

:run:

I know what you mean!! I'm a sophomore in college and my prep school class ring no longer fits on my right ring finger anymore, which really sucks. You're not supposed to wear it on your middle, but that's the only one that works anymore :(

I hate this aspect about losing weight! That and the shrinkage of feet which means beautiful shoes are far too big now :(
As you're still losing weight, i'd definitely recommend holding up on the ring resizing until you reach you're goal weight. In the mean-time, avoid wearing valuables like your mama's ring OR do as i do: wrap a plaster/band-aid around the band a few times (the bit that's facing you're palm) until it fits. I do that and i've never lost a ring.
Yeah, with you on the feet thing. All my shoes have to go :(

I have very very very small fingers! Nothing fits and now that I am getting skinnier, it's not any better. I've lost a few rings and a few bracelets so far this year. I never learn my lesson because once I see a really nice ring or bracelet, amnesia hits & my only thought is that I haaaaaaaave to have it. :rolleyes:

The two turn offs of being skinny is finding suited jewelry and being cold most of the time!

Though, I am sure there is some type of ring pad or something, it's time that I look for one!

Is anybody familiar with a type of a ring pad to prevent it from falling off? Besides re-sizing?

Is anybody familiar with a type of a ring pad to prevent it from falling off? Besides re-sizing?

They are called ring guards or ring adjusters and can be bought on amazon.

Sometimes I buy baby or children's jewelry. Added bonus it tends to be cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
I always had tiny fingers and wrists but when I lost weight I did notice my wedding rings fit me a little more loose. I'm happy they aren't falling off though, so I'm not resizing them... again.

Thank you. Will look for one right away :)

You can also get them at walmart... I overly hate walmarts but it's the only place that I could just go to and buy it. I had to get one for my engagement ring before I got it resized. They come in a pack of 3 if my memory serves me well. But the wrap around with a band-aid is a great idea too.

My great-grandmother, before she passed away, gave my mother her wedding band to give to me when I was old enough. I love that ring; it is a simple and modest silver band. But it has become too big even for my thumb, and one time I almost lost it--nearly went hysterical. So I decided to put it on a thin, delicate silver chain and wear it around my neck instead. :) Perfect.

I love when my jewelry starts fitting differently. I take it as a positive sign. I have goals about at what points my pandora should fall to up my arm. For rings, I just swap fingers. I love it!

I would really urge you to go resize it. I know lots of people resize their wedding rings after they gain from pregnancy and that would probably motivate me to stop gaining.

I had this same problem. my highschool grad ring got to big so I was afraid I was going to lose it, it felt like it would fall of my right hand ring finger but was to small for my middle finger. But thankfully Jostens (the company that sold the ring) resizes their rings for free :) so I was able to get it two sizes smaller free of charge, I didn't even need to present a receipt.

I hate that my fingers are naturally tiny, with losing weight it has gotten even worse :p I can't wear rings unless they are vintage and in size 4-5. It is nice though that when my friends and I go shopping they can't fit into any rings while they are falling off of me ;) Necklaces look so much better with my collarbones now though and I can't wait until they are even more visible <3

That and the shrinkage of feet which means beautiful shoes are far too big now :(
Wow, I thought I was crazy because that happened to me but I was like "no, it can't be possible that my feet became smaller because of losing weight." I putted two insoles inside of each boot and they were still big and i was completely :wtf:. Now I know the truth, aaah silly me :lol:.

I had this same problem. my highschool grad ring got to big so I was afraid I was going to lose it, it felt like it would fall of my right hand ring finger but was to small for my middle finger. But thankfully Jostens (the company that sold the ring) resizes their rings for free :) so I was able to get it two sizes smaller free of charge, I didn't even need to present a receipt.

I actually lost my wedding ring because of this problem :-/ it was always so tight I never ever had to take it off for anything even swimming, and we own a couple of boats so we are always on the water in the summer. I had lost about 30lbs at that point, I was out swimming and I went to rub the back of my ring ( I always did that with my thumb, making sure it was all the way down... it was like an ocd tick with me) and the ring wasnt there! Searched for hours never found it. I still look for it everytime we go back. :(

I actually lost my wedding ring because of this problem :-/ it was always so tight I never ever had to take it off for anything even swimming, and we own a couple of boats so we are always on the water in the summer. I had lost about 30lbs at that point, I was out swimming and I went to rub the back of my ring ( I always did that with my thumb, making sure it was all the way down... it was like an ocd tick with me) and the ring wasnt there! Searched for hours never found it. I still look for it everytime we go back. :(
Woah, congratulations on your weight loss, 30lbs is a lot to lose! It's such a shame that you lost your wedding ring, your heart must have stopped once you realized that it wasn't there :( Hopefully it's still out there, and that you can find it again one day soon.

[QUOTE="Sakura, post: 237323, member: ]Woah, congratulations on your weight loss, 30lbs is a lot to lose! It's such a shame that you lost your wedding ring, your heart must have stopped you realized that it wasn't there :( Hopefully it's still out there, and that you can find it again one day soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I ended up losing 52 then got sick and gained about 15 from meds :-/ working on losing all that and then another 20 or so for goal weight. It did stop, still makes me wanna cry :( maybe it will be like you see on tv sometimes... 20 years later my ring gets returned lol im sure its lost forever now tho its been 3 years