Jessie J

K

Keira

'I want to see my body change this year'
'Svelte':)rolleyes:) Jessie J posts a revealing bikini selfie... as she explains she is working out to GAIN:)nervous:) weight.

Aaaand this is the body we're talking about:

article-2541885-1AC6586400000578-912_634x629.jpg

Thoughts?
Glad she's working out though...
jessie-j-main-3037736.jpg

I'm guessing she means bulking rather than getting fat! In which case, good for her. I mean, ultra muscular girls really aren't my cup of tea :)puke:) but at the same time it takes a lot of dedication and hard work, so I don't want to criticise her.

I'm guessing she means bulking rather than getting fat! In which case, good for her. I mean, ultra muscular girls really aren't my cup of tea :)puke:) but at the same time it takes a lot of dedication and hard work, so I don't want to criticise her.

I agree. I feel like the celebrities who tend to get featured the most in the media are the ones on opposite sides of the spectrum, like those who get labeled as being anorexic (Nicole Richie; Lindsay Lohan; basically just think of those National Enquirer magazine covers like 'SHE'S DOWN TO 90 POUNDS!!'), or the ones like Jennifer Lawrence or Lena Dunham who just advocate eating whatever you want, whenever you want, and ignoring any/all body-related criticism. So it's refreshing to have a celebrity featured who's not extreme in either direction, just seeking fitness and encouraging people to work out and be healthy. Also, although she may gain weight, toning like that tends to make people look thinner (muscle weighs more than fat and all that). While I obviously prefer the skinny aesthetic over being muscular, I don't think anyone should be forced to comply with that. I don't know much about Jessie J, but from this, it seems like she's a good role model for fans to look up to.

I don't know much about Jessie J, and I'm not into the aesthetic she's going for, but that sort of exercise and regime requires a similar amount of dedication that restricting and losing weight has, so good on her for committing to herself and her body and making a change.

I agree. I feel like the celebrities who tend to get featured the most in the media are the ones on opposite sides of the spectrum, like those who get labeled as being anorexic (Nicole Richie; Lindsay Lohan; basically just think of those National Enquirer magazine covers like 'SHE'S DOWN TO 90 POUNDS!!'), or the ones like Jennifer Lawrence or Lena Dunham who just advocate eating whatever you want, whenever you want, and ignoring any/all body-related criticism. So it's refreshing to have a celebrity featured who's not extreme in either direction, just seeking fitness and encouraging people to work out and be healthy. Also, although she may gain weight, toning like that tends to make people look thinner (muscle weighs more than fat and all that). While I obviously prefer the skinny aesthetic over being muscular, I don't think anyone should be forced to comply with that. I don't know much about Jessie J, but from this, it seems like she's a good role model for fans to look up to.
THIS. Just because I don't understand it, or like it, doesn't mean it's bad. I'm really happy that she's trying to get healthy and turn her life around-- with the two extremes portrayed so often, it's refreshing to see a different type of role model for young girls, one that truly advocates health, not just the rejection of media "standards" *cough*JLaw*cough* :sneaky: