Jeans Jeans Jeans

I like Levi's, I have 2 pair, both in 24 inch size and I can say I'm satisfied. Good store for tall and skinny girls, but also shorties as me can find good things :)
Also Benetton, for short girls. Good but not as solid as Levis's

I like J Brand, usually make do with a 24 (put it in the dryer so it doesn't stretch) but there's also 23.

Once, I bought a pair of Uniqlo jeans in size 22, they are pretty much a size 24 straight out the dryer and then a 25 (even a 26? Not sure :lol:)

I'd love to see what others have to say though, especially petite skinnies, since I'm always on the hunt for jeans with a nice fit.

I like J Brand, usually make do with a 24 (put it in the dryer so it doesn't stretch) but there's also 23.

Once, I bought a pair of Uniqlo jeans in size 22, they are pretty much a size 24 straight out the dryer and then a 25 (even a 26? Not sure :lol:)

I'd love to see what others have to say though, especially petite skinnies, since I'm always on the hunt for jeans with a nice fit.

Oh wow didn't know you could get 22 at Uniqlo. I know some have 23 but never seen a 22. Will have to keep an eye out for that and remember not to put them in the dryer. It's great for shorties because they alternate them for free.

I like BDG for their lengths, but the sizing can be on the generous side. They do go down to rather small sizes though, so it's alright. Their Roadie jean (very slim through to mid-calf, where it flares a bit) is sized much smaller than the rest of their line.

They're not too expensive, either! Like $60-$80 CAD I think.

i also love j brand, paige jeans, and 7 for all man kind
7 for all man kind doesnt make great skinny jeans tho, imo. i usually just wear skinnies now a days anyways, but i used to love the fit of their flares.
i also love getting my black skinnies at H&M.

If you love the look of J Brand, try out American Eagle. They are amazing quality, and look really, really good, and they are cheaper ;)

If you love the look of J Brand, try out American Eagle. They are amazing quality, and look really, really good, and they are cheaper ;)
I love American Eagle Brand! The only thing that's strange about American Eagle is that their sizes are sometimes wack...like, I'm still extremely average/borderline chunk at 110 lbs and I wear a 0 in American Eagle sizes and I wonder if the 00 will be too big for some of the amazing skinnies here. especially you!

Oh wow didn't know you could get 22 at Uniqlo. I know some have 23 but never seen a 22. Will have to keep an eye out for that and remember not to put them in the dryer. It's great for shorties because they alternate them for free.
Oh, I think my comment was misleading :eek: I mean that since they stretched so much I had to put them in the dryer to get it down to the equivalent of a size 24... well actually I'm not sure, they are about the same size as my size 24 Lees. Anyway, I think my jeans are just huge because I was at my highest weight (around 110 at 5' 1) when I got them :oops:

And yes, it's nice that they hem the jeans for you :grin: except the funny thing is I once got a pair of bootcut jeans at a discount for around $10 so I actually had to pay (albeit only $2) to get them hemmed but for my black skinnies which were full price, I decided not to get them shortened and actually just wear them with a slight scrunch :p

I love J Brand because they seemingly never stretch. For tall girls- Citizens of Humanity fit me (5'9") like a glove. Petite girls- I love LOVE Rag & Bone jeans- they show off hipbones very nicely- but they're usually 1-2 inches too short. Bah

I like American Eagle for slim boot cuts, because they are cheap. I can't bring myself to pay any more then $50 for jeans lol
I like them because I can get size 00 long, and they are low rise which is all I can wear.
And for skinny jeans I like Garage Clothing (this might only be in Canada), there I wear 00 as well and you can get 2 pairs for under $50.00

Because of stupid vanity sizing though, 00 is too big for me in the thigh/but area, but oh well.

I have one pair of D&G jeans from my lowest weight. My aunt has a boutique, and she just gave me the jeans because they weren't selling because no one could fit them. That was quite possibly the happiest moment of my existence.

I was going to start a thread like this! Thank you for making it classichic!

I honestly believe that there is nothing more disgusting than a loose skinny jeans. Skinny jeans are meant to be very tight! I get really envious of the average girls, when they wear their skinny jeans and it is perfectly tight and skinny as it should be. At the moment, I am having a hard time finding one like that

Girls:

Can any of you skinny girls recommend a store for a great 0/00 skinny jeans?
I found AMAZING skinny jeans at Express that were actually tight, but they are too pricey for me at this moment..
What stores do you get your skinnys from?

22? 23? I have seen 24 once or twice here in Poland :D
And I was naive enough to believe an inch is supposed to be the same in every store.

Once in a blue moon Orsay (European) has a size 32 (XXS?) of their pants and they sometimes fit. If they do, I get them immediately because their jeans don't stretch. I have a pair which is so old and worn out that I use it for gardening only and it still fits perfectly.

22? 23? I have seen 24 once or twice here in Poland :D
I'm wondering if the Uniqlo sizing varies slightly for different countries? Because I've found that their jeans run about a size bigger and I have a size 24 pair which are really huge, as in I think my mum who has a BMI around 22 might be able to squeeze into them.

I'm wondering if the Uniqlo sizing varies slightly for different countries? Because I've found that their jeans run about a size bigger and I have a size 24 pair which are really huge, as in I think my mum who has a BMI around 22 might be able to squeeze into them.

Uniqlo jeans do run large! I own quite a few pairs in different styles and go down 1 or even 2 sizes. I haven't had issues with them stretching though.

My favourite jeans ever would have to be J Brand Marias. Nice and skinny and high rise. For jeggings (hate that word) I love James Jeans Twiggys.

Because I have nothing to do (that's a lie, I'm procrastinating) I took a comparison shot to prove to you girls how Uniqlo seems to run big (or maybe just in Asia? Where I got them?).

The black pair are my size 22, the blue are size 24 and the red ones are another brand in size 26, and you can kind of see that the top two (blue and red) are pretty much the same size (though the red pair are high waist shorts hence have a smaller waist as they sit higher up).

Because I have nothing to do (that's a lie, I'm procrastinating) I took a comparison shot to prove to you girls how Uniqlo seems to run big (or at least in Asia, where I got it).
tumblr_mds301S5aL1qf7elgo1_500.jpg

The black pair are my size 22, the blue are size 24 and the red ones are another brand in size 26, and you can kind of see that the top two (blue and red) are pretty much the same size (though the red pair are high waist shorts hence have a smaller waist as they sit higher up).

Because I have nothing to do (that's a lie, I'm procrastinating) I took a comparison shot to prove to you girls how Uniqlo seems to run big (or at least in Asia, where I got it).
tumblr_mds301S5aL1qf7elgo1_500.jpg

How do the size 22 fit you? And what are your measurements? I have a 23 but they are quite big. I also have a 23 in a few other brands but they fit big, maybe if I was taller they'd might fit me right.

@Serene I was going to ask you since you're small like me. I'm going to New York for Christmas so I was hoping to pick up some skinny clothes there. Any brands/stores I should check out?

Last edited by a moderator:
The JCrew Matchstick jeans are good except they are low rise and I can't wear those. The size 24 fits me well.

My question is - how tight is too tight? My hubby (bless him) tells me that the skinny jeans my friends tell me fit, are too tight in his opinion. The one way I have tried to see a difference is if there are wrinkles across the upper back thigh under my butt. I tried on J Brand size 23 and had the wrinkles and then the 24 and no wrinkles. That felt like the only difference to me.