• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Jay Wright

hazyshadeofwinter

Community Duchess
Reaction score
STATS (from NYMM - Mother doesn't have them listed)
5' 11" · DR 2 US · 31" · 24 · 34 · 8.5 US · HAZEL · BROWN
AGENCIES: Mother - MA, New York MM, MP - Paris, Monster - Milan, The Squad - London

38220173_305343063546890_3747518575334653952_n.jpg 967840-800w.jpg ProenzaSS19.jpg ProenzaFW18-2.jpg ProenzaFW18.jpg JAY 110917-10-2017-11-10.jpg 29667_000-12-4-2017-429308016.jpg 29667_000-10-25-2017-310953089.jpg 29667_000-10-25-2017-150993938.jpg 29667_000-6-11-2018-1528728409054.jpg

Reactions: Starbuck

sentier

Grand Dame
Reaction score
She has the weirdest career. Techically the top walker of the past few years but just walks pretty much every show without ever becoming a 'top model.' Heard she is a lovely person.

• Agree
Reactions: hazyshadeofwinter

ghost

Super Star
Reaction score
She has the weirdest career. Techically the top walker of the past few years but just walks pretty much every show without ever becoming a 'top model.' Heard she is a lovely person.
This. She walks a lot of shows per season but a majority are "B/C" list ones. However, since switching agencies, I feel as though her shows in terms of quality have gone up.

She was denied an opportunity to do shows in Paris a few seasons ago due to her BMI.
I don't know why the world has never accepted my body. When I was younger I was bullied-called any name that made me feel I was not normal. I have always had a very large appetite, most days eating more than my dad. I have an ectomorph body type which means it's hard for my body to hold weight & my metabolism is super fast. #iwokeuplikethisNo matter what I eat I wake up with a flat stomach, not a pound heavier..I became vegetarian 4 years ago-for moral reasons. The more I learned about the abusive animal mass production the more turned off I was, the more I did about it. I slowly became vegan & it makes me feel great, mentally & physically. My body size has not changed from when I ate mcdonalds every morning & steak everynight. Now I've given a background of my past you can understand food is not a problem for me. I came to Paris this season with my mindset being stronger than ever at this point in fashion week. Normally the energies got to me & I had the "fashion week mood." This time I felt stable & powerful. As you might have known they changed the laws in Paris for models so I got a doc appt before I could start killin' the shows here. The doc measured my weight & height & determined from just those things that my BMI is under(the average mesomorph body type) & that I am unhealthy & not legally allowed to work in Paris anymore. I told her my story, even asked if I could have my doctor since birth send all my info showing that my BMI has in fact always been under & I've always had problems holding on weight even though I am a very healthy person. She resisted. So the law may have been a nice idea protecting girls from starving themselves but now I am being negatively impacted, out of work in Paris, for absolutely NO reason. This is NOT RIGHT! I work very hard & now in Paris I can't just because my natural body is skinnier than average...this new law is FLAWED! I'm speaking up..against a good idea but not logical carry through. Determine health from inside, not outside. There should be exceptions! Not everyone is the same. I'm healthy & beautiful & this is wrong!!! It needs to be CORRECTED!! For the moment-Paris your loss! Any help for action is appreciated

proseccoprincess

Grand Dame
Reaction score
This. She walks a lot of shows per season but a majority are "B/C" list ones. However, since switching agencies, I feel as though her shows in terms of quality have gone up.

She was denied an opportunity to do shows in Paris a few seasons ago due to her BMI.
I wonder to what extent that Paris BMI law is enforced? Apart from Hadids, I would say every model I've seen at a major PFW show is under BMI 18.5.

• Agree
Reactions: FailedSupermodel

No One

Anonymous VIPs
VIP
Reaction score
Website
www.skinnygossip.com
I wonder to what extent that Paris BMI law is enforced? Apart from Hadids, I would say every model I've seen at a major PFW show is under BMI 18.5.
FWIW I know that they randomly select models to weigh (it would be hard to evaluate everyone in a short amount of time between cities' FW/shows) and that bookers/agencies that are asked to report stats (weight stats) add weight on. The law seems to have had very little effect on what models are casted. I will add, though, that models have gotten way bigger considering former PFW standards (girls used to appear ~bmi 14.5-15.5 and now look closer to 16.5 or 17)