Issa Lish

You are being preachy. I like the look despite it not looking 'healthy'. Big deal. I really like this model and her body of work is great. How is my comment any different to what @Silent Night said? Anyway, if people don't know the diff between pro-ana and pro-skinny, they shouldn't be trawling through this forum.

Peace out.
hmm i think i've gained my ability to exercise some preaching, after four years on this forum and what level status I have earned here. You're right--if people don't understand pro-ana vs. pro-skinny, they shouldn't be here. But, this site gets slack from the media, from external bodies, who threaten to shut the entire operation down, often due to statements much like the one made above. Saying someone "likes" the unhealthy appearance bodies, is treading a fine line that we often steer away from here. Her body of work is great, I'm not disagreeing with you. What I am saying, however, is that statements that are relatively brash like the one above though seemingly harmless, threaten the very operation of this site. Just keep it in mind (idk how long you've been around, but there have been serious threats made, outing people, etc.)

Reactions: 5 users
You are being preachy. I like the look despite it not looking 'healthy'. Big deal. I really like this model and her body of work is great. How is my comment any different to what @Silent Night said? Anyway, if people don't know the diff between pro-ana and pro-skinny, they shouldn't be trawling through this forum.

Peace out.

But @espressoenthusiast was quoting @Silent Night - she wasn't specifically calling you out for your post or referencing it at all. I'm confused...

Reactions: 4 users
hmm i think i've gained my ability to exercise some preaching, after four years on this forum and what level status I have earned here. You're right--if people don't understand pro-ana vs. pro-skinny, they shouldn't be here. But, this site gets slack from the media, from external bodies, who threaten to shut the entire operation down, often due to statements much like the one made above. Saying someone "likes" the unhealthy appearance bodies, is treading a fine line that we often steer away from here. Her body of work is great, I'm not disagreeing with you. What I am saying, however, is that statements that are relatively brash like the one above though seemingly harmless, threaten the very operation of this site. Just keep it in mind (idk how long you've been around, but there have been serious threats made, outing people, etc.)
I need a like button for this.

Reactions: 1 user

Peace out.

She wasn't talking to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Espresso's comment is implicitly directed to anyone who likes the aesthetic which this model has. Think she's too skinny? Say so, and don't belittle people who have a slightly different aesthetic.

This is a forum, not a private inbox. I'm not going to turn this into a cat fight therefore I'm not going to post more upon this topic.

:meh::rolleyes:
not to be too preachy, but it is shit like this that makes people think were pro ana

You're right. I should have explained more clearly; my comment could easily be taken that way.

For me, the body doesn't have to look optimally healthy in order to be beautiful. I think Issa is beautiful even though I can see that her weight is far below the ideal from a medical point of view. That's what I meant.

Espresso's comment is implicitly directed to anyone who likes the aesthetic which this model has. Think she's too skinny? Say so, and don't belittle people who have a slightly different aesthetic.

This is a forum, not a private inbox. I'm not going to turn this into a cat fight therefore I'm not going to post more upon this topic.
1. "i'm not going to turn this into a catfight" You're at rising star status...let's not get ahead of ourselves
2. implicitly directed towards anyone? Nah, more like exclusively and outwardly directed towards the statement made, and only that statement--or statements like that, if they were to be posted on public threads.
3. I have nothing wrong against Silent Night's "slightly different aesthetic," only the public posting (model forums are open to non members) of "unhealthy....i like it" on our site. Please do not conflate the two.
4. @Silent Night said that they were a bit wrong and meant to clarify--why are you so defensive about it, when it wasn't even your issue to begin with? :whistling:

Reactions: 2 users
1. "i'm not going to turn this into a catfight" You're at rising star status...let's not get ahead of ourselves
2. implicitly directed towards anyone? Nah, more like exclusively and outwardly directed towards the statement made, and only that statement--or statements like that, if they were to be posted on public threads.
3. I have nothing wrong against Silent Night's "slightly different aesthetic," only the public posting (model forums are open to non members) of "unhealthy....i like it" on our site. Please do not conflate the two.
4. @Silent Night said that they were a bit wrong and meant to clarify--why are you so defensive about it, when it wasn't even your issue to begin with? :whistling:
Honestly the people who have a problem with this site are going to have a problem regardless. It's not like they even read past "skinny gossip" before having a panic attack and a mental meltdown. Oh my god you're personally attacking me I am so offended and triggered by the use of the word 'skinny'!! So- I don't think it is a huge issue unless you have reason to believe otherwise, but I do see your point.

The fact that we're not all fatasses here and can summon "will power" & "discipline" at will is already so mind blowing to the masses that it's almost an automatic label for "anorexic", even though the two have near nothing in common.

Reactions: 3 users
The fact that we're not all fatasses here and can summon "will power" & "discipline" at will is already so mind blowing to the masses that it's almost an automatic label for "anorexic", even though the two have near nothing in common.

this is a good point

Honestly the people who have a problem with this site are going to have a problem regardless. It's not like they even read past "skinny gossip" before having a panic attack and a mental meltdown.
Agreed.

As for the photo itself, the lighting makes her look sickly and the angle makes her ribs and her narrowness even more prominent. I suspect when she's better lit and differently posed, her thinness will look more "natural" (ahem, you all know what I mean) and less sick.

She rarely exposes her upper body in photos, maybe that's why.

Honestly the people who have a problem with this site are going to have a problem regardless. It's not like they even read past "skinny gossip" before having a panic attack and a mental meltdown. Oh my god you're personally attacking me I am so offended and triggered by the use of the word 'skinny'!! So- I don't think it is a huge issue unless you have reason to believe otherwise, but I do see your point.

I think it's important to establish a distinction between our pro-skinny attitudes to that from pro ana MPA. Having dialogue and being critical of what appears healthy and having space for contrary balanced opinion is great. Intermittently voicing these opinions are also very important especially as tangible proof that we aren't just senselessly worshipping at the alter of skinny. This is especially for those committed to misunderstanding our community. Otherwise, yep I agree with you.

catmcneil.png

She really is narrow! Also I think Cat looks quite good lately

• Love
I think it's important to establish a distinction between our pro-skinny attitudes to that from pro ana MPA. Having dialogue and being critical of what appears healthy and having space for contrary balanced opinion is great. Intermittently voicing these opinions are also very important especially as tangible proof that we aren't just senselessly worshipping at the alter of skinny. This is especially for those committed to misunderstanding our community. Otherwise, yep I agree with you.
While it's important, yes, I think we already achieve this distinction in our daily conversations here. Anyone who takes more than 2 seconds to actually delve into the forums should be able to tell the difference. But otherwise, I just don't give a fuck about those who are determined to slander us. I think we should be able to express what we mean without fearing to "accidentally" upset the PC police. :rolleyes: Don't like what you see? Then these people get GTFO and go to another part of the Internet.

Bottom line is I don't see why we need to be apologetic for our personal aesthetics in the fear of accidentally upsetting someone who isn't even a welcomed observer to the site. The only exception is if the integrity of the site was at risk, but SG really isn't in the media these days. Plus even if there is another DoS attack, it's not exactly preventable and will occur regardless of how we express our views.

Plus there's a difference between "liking" a certain look vs not realizing your own personal limitations to achieve said look. For the most part, we all know our limitations here, which is what is so great about this community. :)

While it's important, yes, I think we already achieve this distinction in our daily conversations here. Anyone who takes more than 2 seconds to actually delve into the forums should be able to tell the difference. But otherwise, I just don't give a fuck about those who are determined to slander us. I think we should be able to express what we mean without fearing to "accidentally" upset the PC police. :rolleyes: Don't like what you see? Then these people get GTFO and go to another part of the Internet.

Bottom line is I don't see why we need to be apologetic for our personal aesthetics in the fear of accidentally upsetting someone who isn't even a welcomed observer to the site. The only exception is if the integrity of the site was at risk, but SG really isn't in the media these days. Plus even if there is another DoS attack, it's not exactly preventable and will occur regardless of how we express our views.

Plus there's a difference between "liking" a certain look vs not realizing your own personal limitations to achieve said look. For the most part, we all know our limitations here, which is what is so great about this community. :)

Absolutely. In the same way anyone is able to express their like of an aesthetic, someone else can also express their dislike as far as the spectrum of skinny someone falls on.
I merely pointed out it's good that we have these discussions and contrary opinions. I wasn't saying anyone needed to be censored here to appease any mainstream opinion, least of all outsider boogeymen (on whose behaviour we have no control over). Our whole community is decidedly unapologetic and the antithesis of mainstream about our aesthetic choices.

Anyway, about limitations, someone can always take it too far and whether we like it or not, physiologically going past a certain BMI, poses definite risks. There are some 200+ members here? I wouldn't know whether everyone is acutely self-aware of their personal limitations, especially if they're currently recovering from a disorder. It's healthy for them as well I think, to see contrary opinion about what is considered healthy skinny and not in this community. So yeh, I don't see anything wrong with some periodic 'wtf - this is too skinny for me' comments etc.

I will admit I like this photo. Do you guys think she looks unhealthy?
View attachment 12515
She is just a little disproportionate, her upper body is wide while her lower body is very narrow. Generally anyone who is big-boned will always get backlash because at low BMI's they'd look gaunt and unhealthy and same goes for disproportionately shaped girls.