Is MyFitnessPal fucking up for anyone else?

S

Samira

So, like, @Allie and I have noticed that MFP seems to be screwing up a little. I've had people randomly deleted off my friends list (but they can still see my updates, just not comment?) who I didn't delete, I've deleted people who are still on my friends list and who can comment, I've not received PMs that people are saying they've sent to me, I'm having to re-accept requests because they're not going through ... is the site fucking up for anyone else? This is really annoying, aargh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm super curious to know if anyone else has had problems as well. I don't know if it has something to do with browser cookies, but I don't think so, because the issue @Samira and I experienced was happening on several different computers for me, and my iPhone as well. It was super annoying because I could see her updates but couldn't comment, and then it wouldn't properly send through her friend requests to me when we tried to rectify it. It was like I was on her list but she wasn't on mine or something.

I guess this also serves to give you guys a heads up about it: seems like the coding might be funky or something, so if someone is not responding to a PM at all or whatever maybe it didn't go through.

It was super annoying because I could see her updates but couldn't comment, and then it wouldn't properly send through her friend requests to me when we tried to rectify it. It was like I was on her list but she wasn't on mine or something.

Oh yeah, wasn't lovetobethin having that problem after she deleted that annoyingly triggering pokellyyyyyyywhatever chick and her posts were still showing up? :S

So, like, @Allie and I have noticed that MFP seems to be screwing up a little. I've had people randomly deleted off my friends list (but they can still see my updates, just not comment?) who I didn't delete, I've deleted people who are still on my friends list and who can comment, I've not received PMs that people are saying they've sent to me, I'm having to re-accept requests because they're not going through ... is the site fucking up for anyone else? This is really annoying, aargh.

I haven't noticed anything weird but I have only been using it for two days so...Oh when I tried adding you, it said your profile was deleted =(

YES, it's got me close to wanting to close my account. Every time I go on, these dipshit pro-anas who I deleted are clogging my newsfeed, and then girls I actually like show up as deleted randomly, then friends the next day.

I emailed them about 2 weeks ago, never heard back.

Same thing's been happening to me. Super buggy. Posted in the tech/bug forum to no avail. People who were once my friends and no longer are still show up on my feed. Super annoying.

(If I deleted anyone here on MFP, I don't necessarily think you're pro-ana -- there were plenty of those, but I also just wanted to clear my friends list a bit)

(If I deleted anyone here on MFP, I don't necessarily think you're pro-ana -- there were plenty of those, but I also just wanted to clear my friends list a bit)
Should probably second this - I treat MFP like facebook (since I don't have it!) so if you're not socially interacting with MFP, I'll delete you to avoid cluttering my list, since I like to get to know my friends personally. Nothing personal :)

Mine is being kind of slow it is taking forever to load and keeps refreshing itself. I havent been able to view updates from some of my friends either then again they might have deleted me .... eithrr way its annoying me so I keep avoiding it which means I can't track progress as efficiently

Here is the response I got on my post:

Hi Folks,

This is definitely a known issue that we are working to resolve. Our engineers are in fact overhauling a fair amount of code and part of that overhaul will resolve this issue.

In the meantime, if you have not yet reported the usernames that are still showing up, those details are being collected by our engineers. If you would drop me a line at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/steven and let me know any names incorrectly remaining in your feed, I'll update the bug ticket the engineers are using to investigate the issue.

We do apologize for the incorrect behavior of the news feed, and we are working on an update that will resolve this and several other news-feed related concerns.

Regards,
Steven
MyFitnessPal Staff

A fix is in progress. =)

I really don't like any of those "fitness" trackers, think they're b.s.

You seem to think that everything is b.s. o.o

anyway I've also notices the glitches, I use the app and sometimes it just can't connect even if my internet is working fine. Good thing they are working on it