Instagram Models (NOT models & their Instagrams)

She's super gorgeous in PICTURES, but there are so many photoshop allegations (both face + body) that it's just not inspirational to me.

I do like the Russian blonde though (missalena92) - her baby also has an impossibly picture perfect face. :kiss: Can someone who speaks the language explain what she does for a living though? Is she a celeb/socialite/"model"?? Why is she even famous???

Haha I'm actually really not a fan of kids so I kinda hate that so much of her instagram is baby pictures now!:p But for people who like babies I guess, yeah haha.

I'm pretty sure she is pretty much just an internet celeb. Like I think she models but isn't an ACTUAL model, if that make sense, she probably gets paid a tonne for the odd photoshoot and such, but I'd say a lot of it is brand promotions and such. Its not that uncommon, thats literally what I do for a living, and I'm not even pretty right now (fluoxetine = massive, incredibly fucking stubborn ugly weight gain ugh, fml) but with how well known she's become, she could be making a LOT of money from that kinda thing.

Everyone in here is so against that lifestyle oh gosh, its really jarring lol. Most of my friends do what I do so I'm used to it being a positive thing, some of the comments in this thread are brutal, yeesh.:p

I suppose what I do isn't exactly what these instagram girls are doing, but still lmao.

Haha I'm actually really not a fan of kids so I kinda hate that so much of her instagram is baby pictures now!:p But for people who like babies I guess, yeah haha.

I'm pretty sure she is pretty much just an internet celeb. Like I think she models but isn't an ACTUAL model, if that make sense, she probably gets paid a tonne for the odd photoshoot and such, but I'd say a lot of it is brand promotions and such. Its not that uncommon, thats literally what I do for a living, and I'm not even pretty right now (fluoxetine = massive, incredibly fucking stubborn ugly weight gain ugh, fml) but with how well known she's become, she could be making a LOT of money from that kinda thing.

Everyone in here is so against that lifestyle oh gosh, its really jarring lol. Most of my friends do what I do so I'm used to it being a positive thing, some of the comments in this thread are brutal, yeesh.:p

I suppose what I do isn't exactly what these instagram girls are doing, but still lmao.

i think its more about the attitude and way you choose to represent yourself--

its the deceitful egomaniacs that seem to dominate this 'industry' (?) that rub people the wrong way :/

point being, that doesn't sound like it applies to you, so i wouldn't take it personally! especially if you're doing it to make money, cuz hey--we all gotta make a living ;X

Maybe it's just me, but I find all of these "models" so vain and annoying it kind of disgusts me--I always wonder how long a single picture posted takes to come into fruition, how much grooming these women do on a daily basis, and how they must think of themselves. Confidence is great, but when it arrives at this level, fueled by anonymous appraisal and "followers" I think it becomes destructive and unattractive. Beyond that, my whole family (my nieces/cousins, some of whom are my age) are obessed with these "models," even more so than *real* models because their "whole job is just to be skinny and pretty and travel everywhere with their boyfriend--cough alexis ren cough-- and get told they're pretty omgggg". I think having this many fake models on instagram clouds out the reality of actual modelling, and makes it appear so idyllic and accessible to the average teen, which makes it so popular. One of my cousins, who though definitely slim and pretty, is nothing special and is only 5'4-5'5 somehow thinks she has a shot at being a famous actress or commercial model now, just because of these girls, as long as she posts pretty enough pictures. It's super deluded, and I know they aren't the only ones. I think having women like these as role models, whose pseudo fame and fortune will go as quickly as they came, are horrible for girls in an era where women actually DO have options, career paths, and identities aside from their appearance and desirability (which expire after around age 25, let's not kid ourselves here). Why aren't there any examples of women with top careers or in graduate school, and of their busy lives on Instagram (those pretty, average, and otherwise)? Oh right--it's because they're actually DOING something with their lives and aren't just lounging about photographing all of the cool free things they got.

I get what you said, but it's not like these models are out there saying that you (yes, you!) can do this too.

I guess I don't take these people seriously AT ALL. I just use them to fluff up my instagram with skinny girls. I always kind of assumed they were just rich girls, or working in bars or something, getting some promotional stuff, and taking pictures on their off time. What I'm confused about is your cousin...like I think she would probably cling to those aspirations (but maybe an actress/socialite a la Gigi Hadid or something) even if these girls didn't exist. I just don't think you can put the blame on the instagram girls for doing what they're doing; if your cousin is older than 14, she should know how social media works. People don't post the sad stuff. Plus, there's always women out there looking for that MRS degree.

I guess I'm saying you can't hate them because of what they do. For example I also follow NatGeo & the affiliated photographers, the SD zoo, a bunch of conservation intas, but I don't think I'm going to become a NatGeo photographer because I follow them.

TLDR, I think y'all are taking these girls way too seriously. I get if they're lifestyle isn't for you, but I don't think you can blame them if people delude themselves into thinking that they can be instagram famous.

i think its more about the attitude and way you choose to represent yourself--

its the deceitful egomaniacs that seem to dominate this 'industry' (?) that rub people the wrong way :/

point being, that doesn't sound like it applies to you, so i wouldn't take it personally! especially if you're doing it to make money, cuz hey--we all gotta make a living ;X

Ahh its alright, even if it did apply to me, everyones open to their opion!

Yeahh no I agree, some of the people in it are so ungrateful and up their own arses so I get that!>_<

I get what you said, but it's not like these models are out there saying that you (yes, you!) can do this too.

I guess I don't take these people seriously AT ALL. I just use them to fluff up my instagram with skinny girls. I always kind of assumed they were just rich girls, or working in bars or something, getting some promotional stuff, and taking pictures on their off time. What I'm confused about is your cousin...like I think she would probably cling to those aspirations (but maybe an actress/socialite a la Gigi Hadid or something) even if these girls didn't exist. I just don't think you can put the blame on the instagram girls for doing what they're doing; if your cousin is older than 14, she should know how social media works. People don't post the sad stuff. Plus, there's always women out there looking for that MRS degree.

I guess I'm saying you can't hate them because of what they do. For example I also follow NatGeo & the affiliated photographers, the SD zoo, a bunch of conservation intas, but I don't think I'm going to become a NatGeo photographer because I follow them.

TLDR, I think y'all are taking these girls way too seriously. I get if they're lifestyle isn't for you, but I don't think you can blame them if people delude themselves into thinking that they can be instagram famous.

i def. think this cultural phenomenon goes to a much deeper and widespread level of media and societal brainwashing--nowadays, the majority of the public feels entitled to think they're hot shit (in every sense, not just appearance) and criticism is very poorly responded to, often even escalating to the critic being called a bully--to put it laconically, people whose parents' loved them too much syndrome lol

i'm actually planning on posting in the articles section at some point soon a deeper analysis as i've written a bit on this, but want to flesh it out (no pun intended) a bit more--it all began when i stumbled upon an article about the fat acceptance movement;

just to clarify--i'm not saying people don't have the inherent right self-worth, however, self-esteem must be EARNED and these individuals we are referring to speak of it as if it is a given; if this was the case, no one would ever strive towards anything and the human race would have never evolved
:spazrun::spazrun::spazrun:

whew @.@ rant over--sorry guys, like i said, will post something more eloquent and detailed soon! XD

Reactions: 3 users
That missalena92 girl actually REALLY turns me off. The hair, the face, everything. I mean her body isn't bad but a body alone doesn't do it for me. And fake boobs, especially if they're so obvious, add to what I perceive as a very trashy look. Sorry.

Some of the other girls are ok, but I mostly agree with those of you who voiced some kind of "disgust" due to the (real or seemingly) egocentric attitude these insta-famous girls display.

Really? Is anyone else having difficulty with them? I can see them just fine :(

No photos for me either - and that unfortunatelly goes for a lot of pictures you posted in different threads lately.
The reason that happens sometimes is that you have to have the photos cached on your computer (=you saw them earlier somewhere else) to see them on the forum. For some reason some websites return error if certain pictures are embedded in the post but they can be seen just fine when you follow the links directly. I guess it's clever mean of protection against unwanted traffic that does decrease their monthly transfer (everytime someone sees anything it has to be downloaded from their server) but they don't get "hits" on their site because of it.

To all the girls who can't see @sabine's pictures try following this link and then looking at this post again - the image should now show up if my theory is right (it worked for me)

Not sure whether Charlie Barker falls into this category, but her Instagram is overflowing with obnoxious 'look at me I'm so cool and original cuz I wear soda logos and am holding a banana that looks like it's puked glitter' images. She tries waay too hard to be seen as 'alternative' and for me personally it looks sad as it screams 'attention-whore'.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Underneath all of that cringy styling, she's actually quite good looking.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not sure whether Charlie Barker falls into this category, but her Instagram is overflowing with obnoxious 'look at me I'm so cool and original cuz I wear soda logos and am holding a banana that looks like it's puked glitter' images. She tries waay too hard to be seen as 'alternative' and for me personally it looks sad as it screams 'attention-whore'.
View attachment 7905

View attachment 7899 View attachment 7900 View attachment 7901
Underneath all of that cringy styling, she's actually quite good looking.View attachment 7902 View attachment 7904
Why fuck up yourself with all that stupid style? You are pretty and apparently thin, work it. Sadly she chose to look completely stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Charlie Barker: the second pic..I can't even. Is this a thing now and am I old?

maybe I'm too old too, because there are so many people out there who think bruises and cuts are like super edgy and cool. It's very confusing. Theres a girl at my work who gets people to punch her and it's so strange and uncomfortable.

On the other hand though there are plenty of teens/ early twenty somethings who think the 90's were cool and funky without realizing the rest of the world has moved onto an actual sense of style.:mclap: The louder you dress, the less I want to give you attention.

maybe I'm too old too, because there are so many people out there who think bruises and cuts are like super edgy and cool. It's very confusing. Theres a girl at my work who gets people to punch her and it's so strange and uncomfortable.

its a whole other level of attention whoring thats for sure @.@ i knew that it was apparently trendy to post when people had them (to show they're badass HA or whatever?) but had no idea it was to the extend that people were LITERALLY asking for it--

again goes back to the entitlement--child/spousal abuse and assault in general are huge fucking problems and these entitled fucking twits are making it a fucking fashion statement--once more, reasons i rarely interact with society X.x

Reactions: 1 user

Wish I knew this - I had a black eye last week and spent half an hour before i went out each night covering it with makeup!! But seriously I am 21 and even I feel too old because I had no clue this was a thing (if it is it shouldn't be...at all)

Wish I knew this - I had a black eye last week and spent half an hour before i went out each night covering it with makeup!! But seriously I am 21 and even I feel too old because I had no clue this was a thing (if it is it shouldn't be...at all)

Yea 20 checking in here.

On another note apparently Essa Oneill was just signed to IMG models :whistling: