Instagram Models (NOT models & their Instagrams)

Just noticed, Nevs have a special INSTAGRAM BOARD now, featuring the likes of:

Dopey
Strokey
Touchy
Squishy
Gurney
Wedgie
Munchy
Toothy
and Pouty

When I read "Dopey" I thought you had made up the names to mock these ig "models". By the time I got to "Wedgie", I was like..... :hahano:

Wait.. that IS what I did haha.

omg toothy is the worst *___*. it almost seems like they're making fun of her by calling attention to her...in general though, if this is what the general public considers attractive out in the 'real world' (i guess they aren't held to a standard because they're 'real' girls???), then i am confidently re-affirmed in my hermit-dom :hibye:

https://instagram.com/debiflue/
too tanned for my taste, but she has a nice body and seems to be a sweet girl.

11349385_654046534739632_1096968293_n.jpg

11325154_425247680980996_1832567548_n.jpg

Wait.. that IS what I did haha.
The names were so fitting!! I seriously thought the agency had named them... after a bottle of wine or two, perhaps, but now it all makes sense. :lol:
Regardless, some of the girls should probably go into the "girls who think they're models" thread....

I like Johanna Herrstedt. I think she appeals to my inner goth (those "forever in a bikini" over tanned girls get boring pretty quickly for me, regardless of their amazing figures).

Although I do find her usual make up borderline hilarious and she follows the Tumblr tradition of heavily manipulating her appearance in her pics (which she denies, of course), she is great thinspo and I like her style:

gNZUhUt.jpg

jm7x0VT.jpg

ss1pojw.jpg

8JvbDna.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I like Johanna Herrstedt. I think she appeals to my inner goth (those "forever in a bikini" over tanned girls get boring pretty quickly for me, regardless of their amazing figures).

Although I do find her usual make up borderline hilarious and she follows the Tumblr tradition of heavily manipulating her appearance in her pics (which she denies, of course), she is great thinspo and I like her style:

gNZUhUt.jpg

jm7x0VT.jpg

ss1pojw.jpg

8JvbDna.jpg

oooh I do really like her. She's gorgeous (maybe she's born with it, maybe it's photoshop~). I love jawlines, it's probably my favorite part on a skinny person

@missalena92

Her face.. I can't. I love her face so much, I feel like such a potato :') She's probably not suuuuper skinny by SG standards, but I think we can all agree her body is still pretty damn good (I hope.:p)

alena 2.JPG
alena 3.JPG
alena 4.JPG
Alena.jpg
alena1.JPG

This Swedish girl has some great photos,:rolleyes: I have a love/hate relationschip with her eyebrows though.

The blone one is a pretty girl too, but I get a Barbie vibe from her. Sometimes I think they all visit the same plastic surgery doc or makeup artist. I know I am too strict, that's why I will never find that ONE instagram account.

@Intrinsicality thank you!!! super excite to browse through and have some lulz XD

@Remedios hadn't seen her, she's quite gorgeous! thank you for the new thinspo ;3

and @Kit, "maybe she's born with it, maybe it's photoshop"--hilarious XDDD

thanks for making me smile ya'll :3

gNZUhUt.jpg

jm7x0VT.jpg

ss1pojw.jpg

8JvbDna.jpg
She's super gorgeous in PICTURES, but there are so many photoshop allegations (both face + body) that it's just not inspirational to me.

I do like the Russian blonde though (missalena92) - her baby also has an impossibly picture perfect face. :kiss: Can someone who speaks the language explain what she does for a living though? Is she a celeb/socialite/"model"?? Why is she even famous???

Maybe it's just me, but I find all of these "models" so vain and annoying it kind of disgusts me--I always wonder how long a single picture posted takes to come into fruition, how much grooming these women do on a daily basis, and how they must think of themselves. Confidence is great, but when it arrives at this level, fueled by anonymous appraisal and "followers" I think it becomes destructive and unattractive. Beyond that, my whole family (my nieces/cousins, some of whom are my age) are obessed with these "models," even more so than *real* models because their "whole job is just to be skinny and pretty and travel everywhere with their boyfriend--cough alexis ren cough-- and get told they're pretty omgggg". I think having this many fake models on instagram clouds out the reality of actual modelling, and makes it appear so idyllic and accessible to the average teen, which makes it so popular. One of my cousins, who though definitely slim and pretty, is nothing special and is only 5'4-5'5 somehow thinks she has a shot at being a famous actress or commercial model now, just because of these girls, as long as she posts pretty enough pictures. It's super deluded, and I know they aren't the only ones. I think having women like these as role models, whose pseudo fame and fortune will go as quickly as they came, are horrible for girls in an era where women actually DO have options, career paths, and identities aside from their appearance and desirability (which expire after around age 25, let's not kid ourselves here). Why aren't there any examples of women with top careers or in graduate school, and of their busy lives on Instagram (those pretty, average, and otherwise)? Oh right--it's because they're actually DOING something with their lives and aren't just lounging about photographing all of the cool free things they got.

Reactions: 12 users
Maybe it's just me, but I find all of these "models" so vain and annoying it kind of disgusts me--I always wonder how long a single picture posted takes to come into fruition, how much grooming these women do on a daily basis, and how they must think of themselves. Confidence is great, but when it arrives at this level, fueled by anonymous appraisal and "followers" I think it becomes destructive and unattractive. Beyond that, my whole family (my nieces/cousins, some of whom are my age) are obessed with these "models," even more so than *real* models because their "whole job is just to be skinny and pretty and travel everywhere with their boyfriend--cough alexis ren cough-- and get told they're pretty omgggg". I think having this many fake models on instagram clouds out the reality of actual modelling, and makes it appear so idyllic and accessible to the average teen, which makes it so popular. One of my cousins, who though definitely slim and pretty, is nothing special and is only 5'4-5'5 somehow thinks she has a shot at being a famous actress or commercial model now, just because of these girls, as long as she posts pretty enough pictures. It's super deluded, and I know they aren't the only ones. I think having women like these as role models, whose pseudo fame and fortune will go as quickly as they came, are horrible for girls in an era where women actually DO have options, career paths, and identities aside from their appearance and desirability (which expire after around age 25, let's not kid ourselves here). Why aren't there any examples of women with top careers or in graduate school, and of their busy lives on Instagram (those pretty, average, and otherwise)? Oh right--it's because they're actually DOING something with their lives and aren't just lounging about photographing all of the cool free things they got.

i couldn't possibly agree more, and @ZeroDiet i totes agree and therefore don't 'follow' any of these girls--this is my first encounter with this one, and from these photos i don't notice any obvious 'shopping--i merely save particular photos for my desktop thins folder haha the only internet famous girl i've ever gotten into has been violet ell, and more recently and have yet to be especially bothered by her (despite her attitude, which doesn't slap ya in the face as she doesn't post much else other than photos)--i enjoy her overall aesthetic as well as her appearance and am inspired by her in an artistic sense as well and if she does photoshop (which is entirely possible) its good enough photoshop that it doesn't get in the way of my experience :X

All of THESE girls belong in this thread really. They also all fall into the vapid, 'narcissistic fame' group that @espressoenthusiast labeled so well.

Just more tanned and coiffed 'aspirational' (predominantly eastern-european) cookie cutters -

bikini-valerysc.jpg

lingerie-silvialicius.jpg

sugaring-lucylascelles1.jpg

Missoni-anastasiafuks.jpg

black-fashion-missmelissamelita.jpg

sunglasses-lenaperminova.jpg

Etc etc, you get it, will try to find something less generic and pouty next time.

i couldn't possibly agree more, and @ZeroDiet i totes agree and therefore don't 'follow' any of these girls--this is my first encounter with this one, and from these photos i don't notice any obvious 'shopping--i merely save particular photos for my desktop thins folder haha the only internet famous girl i've ever gotten into has been violet ell, and more recently and have yet to be especially bothered by her (despite her attitude, which doesn't slap ya in the face as she doesn't post much else other than photos)--i enjoy her overall aesthetic as well as her appearance and am inspired by her in an artistic sense as well and if she does photoshop (which is entirely possible) its good enough photoshop that it doesn't get in the way of my experience :X
Fair enough. For me personally though, knowing that they photoshop or may photoshop ruins the picture for me. Instead of seeing a pretty picture, all I see is someone attention seeking with obvious insecurity, which is why I always prefer real models because I know they work for it. Photoshop is just so typical of the average person... fat, eats too much, lacks motivation, complains a lot (and requires validation), constantly seeking "quick fixes". No thanks.

Also the reason why I liked Bey when she was more private (for her career success), but now I think it's pathetic and embarrassing the way she portrays herself on social media. You would think a 30++ year old with a family and a kid would be more mature but no.

Reactions: 1 users
@ZeroDiet to clarify, it only doesn't bother me when i'm not aware/convinced of it--i have no opinion about the other girl past the post on her as i haven't looked into her, but a few people on here mentioned in passing photoshop regarding violet ell who in my experience i haven't noticed to have used it, though i haven't done a thorough investigation

i am also not a fan of deceit, and its use for such a superficial reason as appearing hotter than you are to strangers online to avoid actually working on yourself XD

all of this to say, i merely meant that, while i disagree which such things, it is not a pertinent enough issue in my life, in that i keep up with few (one really) of these girls and those who i do (again, really just violet ell) don't appear to be misrepresenting themselves (and as i am a photographer, experienced with photoshop and have a good eye for that sort of thing) and as this is the case, they are effective for my purpose--if however it became apparent that violet ell (for example haha) did indeed use photoshop, via (for example) an alternate original photograph exposed, even if her photoshopped images appeared authentic, i would no longer be able to enjoy them either.