Instagram Models (NOT models & their Instagrams)

Maybe it's the same surgeon (ig referrals :lol:) JK but still..

Incredibly sad too. I watched a documentary the other day on beauty standards in South Korea, the fact that plastic surgery is almost 'the norm' and how many young Korean girls all turn to plastic surgery to achieve the same standards of beauty (almond shaped eyes, small petite mouth, heart shaped face, soft slightly pointed chin and thin nose). Interestingly, we seem to be following in the footsteps of South Korea...the 'Kylie Jenner' look is everywhere!

Incredibly sad too. I watched a documentary the other day on beauty standards in South Korea, the fact that plastic surgery is almost 'the norm' and how many young Korean girls all turn to plastic surgery to achieve the same standards of beauty (almond shaped eyes, small petite mouth, heart shaped face, soft slightly pointed chin and thin nose). Interestingly, we seem to be following in the footsteps of South Korea...the 'Kylie Jenner' look is everywhere!

Can you share/recommend the documentary? :kiss:

This is going to be super dumb, but there is this documentary series with Jessica Simpson called "The Price of Beauty" (can anyone else no longer italicize btw?). Anyway one of the episodes takes Simpson to the favelas of Brazil where this mom could spend money to move herself to a better area or get plastic surgery and she gets the plastic surgery. Jessica ends up like pondering on the beach how a mom could chose that over moving herself and her child.

I've attached the clip.

The point of watching it in class was something about not judging people on our American standards to other places.

i-D and Al Jazeera have some really good documentaries on this subject. The i-D one is "Behind Brazil's Extreme Beauty Addiction" and Al Jazeera is "101 East-Plastic Surgery: the Cost of Beauty".

The thing that stuck with me from watching a Taboo episode about the Dragon women of Southeast Asia is an expert who came in and said something like, "This procedure (putting golden rings around the neck to elongate it & teeth shaving) may seem medieval, but it's really no different than braces." Her point was that people are judged on their looks. In America oral hygiene is super important and people tend to think that if you have gnarly teeth that your a little hickish or redneck. And braces, headgear, spacers, etc are super painful, take a really long time to work, and are outlandishly expensive, but people will shell out the money because they think it is essential. I know personally, I've had braces, headgear, and I whiten my teeth.

Or you could think about it in terms of good skin. Accutane is known for making people depressed and suicidal but people think that risk is worth it to get good skin.

I don't think it's quite the same as everyone that's looking so alike by todays standards (ie Korean ideals or the Kylie look), but I do think that it's an interesting perspective on plastic surgery.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 4 users
I just googled Oxana to find her instagram and found this video of her from 2014! Her torso looks wide af towards the end of the video - do you think she lost heaps of weight or is photoshopping her photos? If you look closely at the purple door around her waist it doesn't seem to be very straight...

Huge weight loss, she looks fantastic now.

And her photos look less photoshopped than Deisler's. :p

Reactions: 1 users

Instas like this always make me wonder how godawfully early you have to get up to take gym pics with not a single piece of exercise equipment occupied behind you.. I'm not sure about the London branch, but I'm a member of Equinox in NYC and every single location is always brimming with people - especially the cardio equipment - unless you literally get there at 5:30 am when the doors open. Kind of makes me respect Caroline more if she does that, actually :sneaky:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Still claims she weighs 49 kg, :orly:

bgDxnh7.png

TuykJ3N.png

I'm not sure if anyones posted this skinny yet but she's my favorite at the moment.

Gabi Sullivan
Chadwick Models

ig: sullivang_

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.42.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.42.52 PM.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.43.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.43.03 PM.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.43.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.43.10 PM.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure if anyones posted this skinny yet but she's my favorite at the moment.

Gabi Sullivan
Chadwick Models

ig: sullivang_

Hahaha it might just be these particular pictures, but I love that it looks like she doesn't know how to wear regular-sized pieces of clothing. (That aside, agreed, nice body.)

Reactions: 1 user
How do some of these girls manage to get so skinny but still retain nice tits?! So jealous. :cry:
Well I think it's genetic or the fact that if you were born with big boobs they don't go away easily. My breast used to be huge (and I never liked it) when I was heavier and even though I lost weight they just dropped half a size. I have stretch marks and they aren't as 'full' of course but I will never be an A cup even if I lose 2-3 kgs more :( I guess we always want what we don't have. I would kill for a small chest like this, I think clothes just look way more classy and you can wear anything
IMG_9096.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users