Insidious

E

Esurient

I was listening to this song a couple days ago while I was exercising and found myself very creeped out.

:nervous: Tiptoe Through The Tulips :nervous:

Know what I was thinking of? That's right; Insidious! Super creepy movie. It's not exactly new, but I felt it was worthy of posting about regardless. And if you've seen it, you'll know some of the creepiest scenes happen while this song is playing. It will never be the same...
LOVE the movie though. I'm a major horror movie fan and this one outdid itself. For those of you who can brave some terrifying cinema action, it's a must-see.

And for those of you who have seen it, what did you think? ;)

That movie freaked the hell out of me...and horror movies usually don't scare me much.

PLOT REVEAL ALERT! Dont read this post if you havent seen the movie and still plan to!
@Esurient I really liked the scene where he made it into the house to look for his kid around the end.....but boy.....the fact that the kid was trapped by some red demon was a let down.....and also...the ending didnt make any sense at all!

I mean the kid is stuck outside his body for sooooo long and nothing has possessed him....but the dad disappears for a few minutes and his body is taken over?!?!
Also, the kid was chomping away on cereal at the end - so not possible if you've been bedridden for months because your muscles have wasted away and you cant even support yourself upright.

So yeh....to me...it had a few creepy moments; I loved the bit in the house..that CREEPED me out! but the ending was so ho-hum. I was disappointed with the ending.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean the kid is stuck outside his body for sooooo long and nothing has possessed him....but the dad disappears for a few minutes and his body is taken over?!?!

The thing that took over his dad's body hunted him since he was young. Remember his traumatizing past and the pictures where you could always see kind of a light spot getting closer and closer at every picture? That was the creepy old lady's spirit. I don't think she ever left.

The movies was weird and creepy, but I don't consider it to be one of the most horrific horror movies. What creeps me out is the idea that we indeed 'travel' outside our bodies -astral traveling, is that how we say?- when we dream. I've read many books that used this idea so I thought it was cool to see it in a movie.
Also, at the very end when the medium realizes what is going on and sees the old creepy lady through the camera............ now that was truly disturbing and freaky.

This movie was okay. I liked it but it was kinda silly the way the demon looked.

Have you heard of Sinister?? It is coming out in October I believe, from the makers of Insidious & Paranormal Activity. It stars Ethan Hawke and Ethan has said it is scarier then Insidious. SO EXCITED!

The trailer for Sinister:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYxydrVlDk

The thing that took over his dad's body hunted him since he was young. Remember his traumatizing past and the pictures where you could always see kind of a light spot getting closer and closer at every picture? That was the creepy old lady's spirit. I don't think she ever left.

The movies was weird and creepy, but I don't consider it to be one of the most horrific horror movies. What creeps me out is the idea that we indeed 'travel' outside our bodies -astral traveling, is that how we say?- when we dream. I've read many books that used this idea so I thought it was cool to see it in a movie.
Also, at the very end when the medium realizes what is going on and sees the old creepy lady through the camera............ now that was truly disturbing and freaky.

That's true - I remember that.... I was just disappointed that the dad had to get trapped like that - I mean - he HAD TO confront the old lady in the mirror- showed such a lack of urgency -if I were him - I wouldn't have done that. Would have just bee-lined back for my body!

Oh my goodness this movie freaked me out! My boyfriend and I do this thing where we go to the theater and pick the movie that is about to start. I had no idea this was a scary movie (I had never heard of it before) but man it was scary.
Very good/creepy plot though-and I have always had a bit of a crush on Patrick Wilson.

Its one of the many films I would love to watch.. but am too scared to on my own! & my fiance says it looks crap.. so he won't watch it with me!