Hunter Rain Boots

Xsmall

Super Star
Apr 22, 2012
Chicago
So I just purchased my first pair of hunter boots and I am beyond excited!! I just ordered them the other day and am anxiously waiting their arrival.
So, instead of going with the original tall, I decided to go with the Packable Hunter tour in matte black. The reviews said they were a lot lighter, less chunky, and more comfortable.

Black-Hunter-Rainboots.jpeg

I know these are semi-fall boots, but I thought with all the rainy weather we've been having this spring, they would look adorable in any season.

So is anyone else obsessed with these like me? What kind do you have? How do u like them? Do you wear them year round?

I love them in fall/winter! I think they are really comfy. Have them in red and black, to be honest I kind of regret pursuing the red ones since I find it a bit hard to match with certain clothes - while black pretty much goes with everything.

I have these

HUNTER_ORG_TALL_GLOSS_BLACK02.jpg

But I want to put these away now and don't want to wear any boots, I want to wear my summer shoes NOW!! :twisted:

@classichic,
those are the original talls, right? i couldnt decide whether to get those or the tours, but reviews say the original talls are a tad heavy, a little chunky, and the insides rub up against and kind of hurt their ankle bones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same ones as classichic. I usually wear thick knitted socks in them. Can't say that I find them uncomfortable in any way, on the contrary. I didn't think they were so good to walk in. (I have ballet damaged feet). But I agree that they are a little too heavy.

@classichic,
those are the original talls, right? i couldnt decide whether to get those or the tours, but reviews say the original talls are a tad heavy, a little chunky, and the insides rub up against and kind of hurt their ankle bones.

Mine are original tall. I think they're a little heavy, they're hard to walk in when walking up long stairs but I assume all wellies are like that? I don't know. But otherwise, they're really comfy. I don't have problems with them rubbing my ankle bones or anything. I usually wear thick socks though. I actually think they're pretty good, but it rains here a lot and I've gotten good wear out of them. I don't know anything about the tours. I kind of just saw a girl wear her gloss and went and brought mine :).

Adorable!! :) can you wear thick socks? It gets super cold here in the winter so I hope mine allow me to wear big thick socks!

I wear thick socks with mine all the time. I guess it depends on which size you get. but I found that they run a bit big so thick socks are no problem.

I want these!
How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
They are around $167ish for me in Australia on ASOS and other websites (ASOS never allows promotion codes on them).

http://www.asos.com/au/Hunter/Hunter-Original-Tall-Wellington-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1353384

I ordered mine from Nordstroms website for $160, which I think is the price everywhere. (I have seen them for $140, but it was a while ago and I don't remember where)

You can get them really anywhere.. Piperlime, shop bop, macys, von maur, (don't exactly know which ones ship to Aus!) I think I've even seen them on Victoria's Secret website!

Attachments

• Hunter quilted rain boots.jpg
    Hunter quilted rain boots.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 88
I've wanted some for so long! But no one in aus really wears them. They'd be convenient for wet weather, which we get a lot of in summer, but I think I'm a little self concious :/

@MickeyMouse

$148 on VS :) (They only have matte black and matte green)

Thank you so much :)
I love the boots but I just can't justify that much when I know I will never wear them sufficiently to recoup the cost per wear.
They are so lovely though. And seeing Kate 'rocking' them at Glastonbury cemented it for me.

Source: Instyle.co.uk
bllCKF0.png

I've wanted some for so long! But no one in aus really wears them. They'd be convenient for wet weather, which we get a lot of in summer, but I think I'm a little self concious :/

I have seen them around Sydney in Winter but they always appear to walk so uncomfortably that it was discouraging.
More people wear them at those all day music festivals.

The only downside is that when you have them for a while they start to get a white residue build up on them. I use a bit of olive oil to clean them up though and they are as good as new :)

I heard mint oil works good too :)

Do it! I wear my cowboy boots all the time with short dresses and jean shorts even though no one in my group of friends does. You just have to have the confidence.

Thank you so much :)
I love the boots but I just can't justify that much when I know I will never wear them sufficiently to recoup the cost per wear.
They are so lovely though. And seeing Kate 'rocking' them at Glastonbury cemented it for me.

No problem! I actually wear mine way more than I thought I would. They are great for winter because they are water proof and I just wear big wooly socks with them which work perfectly for snow.
In the spring I wear them for rainy days and then in the fall they just go with all my fall outfits :) Idk, I get a lot of use out of them!