How to create a model showlist thread

The Bullcock

Special Guest
Staff member
Jan 9, 2012
Everywhere.
thebullcock.tumblr.com
We do showlists a little differently around here.

Basic rules of a showlist thread:
  • Start a thread for each designer / show in the 'showlists' section.
  • Title the thread with designer name, season, and word "show list" (like "Philip Lam New York F/W 2015 Showlist")
  • The first post in each show thread is a list of models in the show, by name, in order of appearance, like this example:
    • Hanne Heelpuncher [open]
    • Zippy Xylophone
    • ??? [means you don't know who this one is]
    • Thalassa Thighgap
    • Suzy Smallbottom [close]
  • Here is an example of how to do an awesome showlist.
  • If you don't know all the names (no one expects you to, 99% of us don't), just put "??" or something as a placeholder, as I did above - but please leave a bullet/space for other people to ID them.
  • If a model already has a thread on SG, link her name back to her thread. This is important because the showlist threads should not become tangents about individual models - that's what their threads are for. If she does not have one, and you think she is worthy of one (keeping in mind this community's very high standards), then start one.
  • Subsequent posts in each showlist thread should have pictures of each model as they appear in the show (ideally in order, but either way please make sure to ID the model that you're posting a picture of.) It's OK to just do your best and let a moderator clean up the thread later.
  • Only pictures from that show should be posted in a showlist thread. If you have other pictures of any of the models listed, awesome, but put them in their model thread.
  • If you can ID a model that others can't, quote the original list and fill their name in.
  • Light commentary on the models and collection are fine. But again, most model commentary should go in her model thread. The purpose of a showlist thread is simple: a list of models in each show.
TL; DR: Make a list of models that appear in each show, in order. Fancy it up as best you can, using the tips above.

[EDIT: I increased the time limit for editing your own posts in the Showlist section to a full 24 hours, so that should make things a little easier.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone doing this for S/S 17?

I'm always in. If @Alpha Bullcock is still in, that is.

It's so, so time-consuming and I have a shit ton of work to do, but I. Can. Not. Wait. for fashion month to begin. And I feel like there are so many interesting newbies to watch this season.
:woot:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm always in. If @Alpha Bullcock is still in, that is.

It's so, so time-consuming and I have a shit ton of work to do, but I. Can. Not. Wait. for fashion month to begin. And I feel like there are so many interesting newbies to watch this season.
:woot:

How about something along these lines:

If there is no competition (i.e. only one person posting showlist threads), the prize is $100 Amazon card.

If there is competition (i.e. two or more members kicking ass and taking names, making threads daily etc) then one winner gets a $200 Amazon card.

Sound fair? If so, take it away girls.

Reactions: 1 users
How about something along these lines:

If there is no competition (i.e. only one person posting showlist threads), the prize is $100 Amazon card.

If there is competition (i.e. two or more members kicking ass and taking names, making threads daily etc) then one winner gets a $200 Amazon card.

Sound fair? If so, take it away girls.
There is always competition with me and @sore :grin: no matter how busy I also am haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Stay tuned! Our latest winner will be announced in the next few days once I've had a chance to review. :)

PtCmBvT.gif

;)

• Funny
Reactions: 3 users
Apologies for the long wait.

At long last, we have our S/S 2017 winner: @lechatnoir! Holy shit, you blew everyone else away. Quality and quantity! It was $200, but for waiting so long I'm raising it to $250.

I know I said there wouldn't be second prizes, but I decided to give a couple consolation prizes anyway:

$50 gift card to @sore
$25 gift card to @hannegabyfreja

Just in time for Christmas, or whatever you & yours choose to celebrate.

:party:

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I wanted to know if we were allowed to do show list for Menswear, especially since its currently Milan Fashion Week and some of them look great.