How realistic is it to be a fashion model at 5'7?

Oh they love that I am a model (or telling people I am) but help me in no way--I am not a minority here, though, most other girls parents **can't** help them and are trying to bring in money for the family.

Good luck with your situation :)

Amanda Norgaard is 5'6 (despite what her agencies say) and is still modelling full time. 7 years and counting.
How much does she make compared to the taller models?
Actually that probably wasn't a very intelligent question. If she's doing mostly commercial now (haven't been keeping up to date), then she could be making quite a bit.

At 5'7 you could always be an LA type girl like that Hailee Boobilee......

Reactions: 1 user
Well, Sasha Pivovarova real height is around 5'6" and many other great models are in the 5'6"-5'7" range too: Marine Deleeuw, Anna Ewers, Cara Delevigne (Despite her terrible and annoying personality, during FW12 and SS13 seasons she was booked for her potential and not her special connections). I think if You're really stunning, have great factions and an amazing bone structure You'll get a chance with an agency.

Well, Sasha Pivovarova real height is around 5'6" and many other great models are in the 5'6"-5'7" range too: Marine Deleeuw, Anna Ewers, Cara Delevigne.

I don't care the season Cara should NEVER be categorized under "great models" or lumped in a category with Sasha Pivovarova

What is the validity of these heights? I'm not saying you're incorrect as I have no insider info, I'm just curious of your sources - I thought Sasha was 5'9" or so, 5'6" seems like a stretch. And to have "many great models" at 5'6" seems a bit unrealistic...

Well, Sasha Pivovarova real height is around 5'6" and many other great models are in the 5'6"-5'7" range too: Marine Deleeuw, Anna Ewers.

Where did you get this idea from? This is completely false (including the part about Cara being listed as a "great model" :orly:).

In fact, in the model card you just posted in Marine's thread it clearly states that she is 1.77 m tall, which would make her about 5'10".

Reactions: 2 users
I live in NYC and I've seen them in person, standing very close to them. Of course I'm just estimating (I missed that part though...). And I included Cara because at least to me She did a good job in that specific period of time I said above.

Well, Sasha Pivovarova real height is around 5'6" and many other great models are in the 5'6"-5'7" range too: Marine Deleeuw, Anna Ewers, Cara Delevigne (Despite her terrible and annoying personality, during FW12 and SS13 seasons she was booked for her potential and not her special connections). I think if You're really stunning, have great factions and an amazing bone structure You'll get a chance with an agency.

5'7 is a bit too short for Marine or Sasha. The agency might have added an extra inch or something to the official stats but I'm pretty sure that if they were that short they wouldn't have booked as many jobs at the runway as they do.

Cara's potential is minimized by the fact that her career is made basically over her family's influences. No matter which period. Cara is probably 5'6 but still nowhere close to a great model. She's more into the "joke" category.

Well, you can believe or not what I said; It's your choice, I don't care. And here comes the boring post: If we focus on this theme; Yes, you can model at 5'7" if you have an amazing, incredible face. Nowdays height is not that determinant as It was 7 or 8 years ago because Modelling careers just don't last. If a booker have two girls who have potential; 1 of them is 5'7" and the other is 5'10", He/She will probably take two and will try to get the biggest quantity of shows/editorial/campaign during their prime (wich is when the girls are fresh faces because designer get bored easily of the girls in the market). Both girls will work around 4 or 5 seasons and it's safe to say that none of them will become a "veteran" and their careers will be pretty much over.

Regarding Cara's career; We all know that she's a joke and all that, I just said that I think She did it good during her prime.

If you've seen them backstage on runway, they are clearly not 5'6". I don't think you realize how short and stumpy 5'6" looks next to 5'10". It's like a full head's difference.

And yes you can model with a great face at a SHORTER height, but not at the very short heights you've listed. Well commercial, unlikely HF..

Re: the booker comment... why don't you ask the booker herself. @FashionThin thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users
If you've seen them backstage on runway, they are clearly not 5'6". I don't think you realize how short and stumpy 5'6" looks next to 5'10". It's like a full head's difference.

And yes you can model with a great face at a SHORTER height, but not at the very short heights you've listed. Well commercial, unlikely HF..

Re: the booker comment... why don't you ask the booker herself. @FashionThin thoughts?

1) A human head is around 7 or 8 inches. and between 5'6" and 5'10" are 4 inches.

2) Of course I realize how short and stumpy it is. Here you have a picture that proves it:

images.jpg

If you still don't believe it's Sasha; here you have the full look:

00440fullscreen.jpg

^ EDIT: A female human head is actually 9-10 inches and Sasha is still a whole head shorter...

Regarding Anna Ewers height, here She is with legit 5'10" girls (all of them are wearing the same shoes):

66a43a3414de2f67bacde07f78e0c691.jpg

^ EDIT: A female human head is actually 9-10 inches and Sasha is still a whole head shorter...

Regarding Anna Ewers height, here She is with legit 5'10" girls (all of them are wearing the same shoes)

By this logic wouldn't she be like 5 feet tall if she's 9-10 inches shorter than someone 5'10"?
Sorry if that's a stupid question I am just confused by this train of thought i guess...

1) A human head is around 7 or 8 inches. and between 5'6" and 5'10" are 4 inches.

2) Of course I realize how short and stumpy it is. Here you have a picture that proves it:

View attachment 6614

View attachment 6615
Haha she looks tiny as expected, but I'm not entirely convinced of your 5'6". Perhaps a VIP could confirm?? ;)
Sasha is mid-step and a few steps ahead of the model behind her, making her photograph smaller at that angle. The model behind Sasha is Frida Gustavsson who is at least 6' (maybe taller? I can't remember)

Also: we know the twins are shrimps. I have no idea the type of shoes Sasha's wearing though. Easiest is still for a VIP to confirm a height.

or_e9dddccc12759904337906.jpg

Haha she looks tiny as expected, but I'm not entirely convinced of your 5'6". Perhaps a VIP could confirm?? ;)
Sasha is mid-step and a few steps ahead of the model behind her, making her photograph smaller at that angle. The model behind Sasha is Frida Gustavsson who is at least 6' (maybe taller? I can't remember)

I'll say again that I was just guessing Sasha's height. Of course I might be wrong. I gave my opinon based on pictures and that time I saw her after a show. And yeah, I think the fact that She's in front of Frida (around 6'1" as Karlie) makes things even more confusing; but I gotta point that the girl in front of Sasha is Anna Selezneva (5'10") and looks much taller than her...

I know Taylor Warren is around 5"7, her agency writes her down as 5"8 and she gets LOTS of print work and makes a living out of it! And she became a model scout too :grin: That's an example I know of, but if you mean runaway work I don't think it's possible unless in very specific cases.

Well, Sasha Pivovarova real height is around 5'6" and many other great models are in the 5'6"-5'7" range too: Marine Deleeuw, Anna Ewers

:hahano:

Wrong. Sometimes we round up, but we will round to the next inch max. None of these girls are 4 inches shorter than their card height. NONE. No model in my whole agency is more than about an inch different. I can't say what other agencies do, but I know if they send 5'6" girls to castings when their card says 5'10", the girls will be sent home and the agency will not be getting calls from that client again. An inch or so people don't worry about. Much more than that, is a problem.

If you've seen them backstage on runway, they are clearly not 5'6". I don't think you realize how short and stumpy 5'6" looks next to 5'10".

This.

Of course I realize how short and stumpy it is. Here you have a picture that proves it:

View attachment 6614

View attachment 6615

She's in front of Frida (around 6'1" as Karlie) makes things even more confusing; but I gotta point that the girl in front of Sasha is Anna Selezneva (5'10") and looks much taller than her...

JFC, she is further down the runway than the other girls. It's called perspective. Oh so I guess the girls further up the runway must be, like, eight feet tall at least! :eyeroll:

I live in NYC and I've seen them in person, standing very close to them

Oh, that's so neat! Like for reals?? I've personally, with my own cold evil hands, weighed and measured them. I think that might be more accurate than you seeing them down the aisle at Duane Reade, but maybe I'm just feeling bitchy tonight.

Cara's short, but no other girl you mentioned is shorter than 5'8.

Regarding Anna Ewers height, here She is with legit 5'10" girls (all of them are wearing the same shoes):

View attachment 6616

:smash: Check her pose, which will obviously make her look shorter.

If a booker have two girls who have potential; 1 of them is 5'7" and the other is 5'10", He/She will probably take two

Not in fashion we won't. We'll take the tall one and wait for the next tall one with potential. I can send a tall girl to anything. The short girl, I can send to a lot less. Both of them take the same amount of work. So why would I bother with the short one?

Reactions: 16 users