How many lbs?

M

MaraLuna

In your experience, how many pounds did it take to lose 1 jean size? I want to lose 1 jean size really soon and I'm guessing 12 pounds should do it? Does that sound right?

It's not really a number of lbs. If you're toning you may go down a size but not lose any weight at all. If you're not toning though I'd say a rough guide is about 7lbs. How tall are you?

i´m 5´4 and 12lbs would be one or two jeans sizes for me... it´s hard to say because of all the different fits etc...
it´s sometimes a matter of how fast you lose it, if you only lose water weight, then it´s different again

I'm 5'5 1/2". It wouldn't be toning because I really don't work out much at all except for a little bit of walking and maybe yoga once in a while. It'd be strictly lbs lost due to diet that'd make me smaller I'm sure.

I think 10 pounds would do it , but I'm not sure. It's not in lbs, it's more how you lose those pounds and where!

It's not really a number of lbs. If you're toning you may go down a size but not lose any weight at all. If you're not toning though I'd say a rough guide is about 7lbs. How tall are you?
This. I've got a really small frame so if I gain 7lb I'll gain a size, but for bigger-framed people it might be different.

In your experience, how many pounds did it take to lose 1 jean size? I want to lose 1 jean size really soon and I'm guessing 12 pounds should do it? Does that sound right?

Yes you need about 12 pounds I lost that amount and I lost 1 or 2 sizes on everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha well I guess around 8lbs needs to be my first goal weight because I just bought new jeans that are one size too small. Usually not a smart idea but they are designer and are awesome! Very motivating.

I think 5-7 lbs for them to fit on your body, and around 10 for them to actually look good.

I think 5-7 lbs for them to fit on your body, and around 10 for them to actually look good.

THIS. just wanted to write the same... fitting into a certain size, meaning to be able to zip it up while holding on your breathe and actually looking good in it are two very different thing imo...

story of my life:nopity:

THIS. just wanted to write the same... fitting into a certain size, meaning to be able to zip it up while holding on your breathe and actually looking good in it are two very different thing imo...

story of my life:nopity:

Exactly :highfive: