House Models

Artemis

Community Duchess
Nov 16, 2012
NYC
What are the explicit measurements of old "house" fit models? All brands have their fit models, I don't know very much about it other than Candice Swanepoel was a fit model for VS and then they threw her in the show. I also know clothing for the general market uses these bigger models to cut clothes. What about Dior, Chanel--who are their models and what are the measurements certain brands favor? Shoulders, arm length, leg length, BWH?? I am forever amazed how much smaller designer clothes are. Can anyone help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A friend of mine was a fit model for Victoria Beckham, she has your classic couture measurements, I would presume they all differ slightly, but generally use the kind of girls that get booked the most at the couture shows.

A friend of mine was a fit model for Victoria Beckham, she has your classic couture measurements, I would presume they all differ slightly, but generally use the kind of girls that get booked the most at the couture shows.

Like 32-23-33"? I am curious about the other, more obscure, measurements like thigh, calf, shoulder. Some brands fit me so well while others are just so sad.

They can also be shorter than high fashion catwalk models: around 5'6 or 5'7.

Woah neato! How is she built? Can you guess her measurements?

Obviously she is a skinny but its in a way thats very petite - she doesn't have a massive thigh gap, for instance. Think Vlada bone structure.

I would guess her waist is 20" and thighs around 16/7"? Not 100% sure but those are my guesses. Before fittings she fasts and no liquids the day before. ;)

Hope that helps. :kiss:

Reactions: 1 user
Obviously she is a skinny but its in a way thats very petite - she doesn't have a massive thigh gap, for instance. Think Vlada bone structure.

I would guess her waist is 20" and thighs around 16/7"? Not 100% sure but those are my guesses. Before fittings she fasts and no liquids the day before. ;)

Hope that helps. :kiss:

That's amazing I've always been curious about couture house models, my friend used to be one for Aritzia (Canadian clothing store) but they fit to a generic, 5'6" size 2-4, her measurements were 32-24-34 and their waist preference was from 24-26, they fit certain things on girls with 32" busts and 36" busts, and the hips had to be no smaller than 32 but no bigger than 36. She said the other fit models were shaped all differently and they really worked to make different fits good for any shape, as long as you're thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about to go to an interview for fit model, and I'm wondering how to prepare for the day they'll take my measurements, as my thighs gain inches due to water retention.. @Jailbait do you know how many days does your friend fast before fittings? also, what does no-liquids mean? not a single sip of water during 24 hrs (I guess I'll be dying of dehydration if so)
@Artemis I'd like to hear your two cents as well :kiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about to go to an interview for fit model, and I'm wondering how to prepare for the day they'll take my measurements, as my thighs gain inches due to water retention.. @Jailbait do you know how many days does your friend fast before fittings? also, what does no-liquids mean? not a single sip of water during 24 hrs (I guess I'll be dying of dehydration if so)

Lawd knows I'm no model, but from a physiological point of view drinking around 100mls every while when you're thirsty won't affect bloating and could help avoid looking & feeling dried up and washed out. All the best!

What are the explicit measurements of old "house" fit models? All brands have their fit models, I don't know very much about it other than Candice Swanepoel was a fit model for VS and then they threw her in the show. I also know clothing for the general market uses these bigger models to cut clothes. What about Dior, Chanel--who are their models and what are the measurements certain brands favor? Shoulders, arm length, leg length, BWH?? I am forever amazed how much smaller designer clothes are. Can anyone help?

Here are some fit models to get an idea of measurements :)

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96/designers-fit-models-152113.html

Hi there. She has a very light day before fasting: literally just salad leaves, berries and water. The she fasts for a day and has a large mug of coffee the night before the fitting. No liquids on day of fitting.

Good luck and let us know how it goes! :kiss:

Here are some fit models to get an idea of measurements :)

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96/designers-fit-models-152113.html

I already have the required measurements (that's why I obviously got the interview) I just want to make sure that when I go there they don't increase since I'll be on my period and therefore retaining water like crazy, I just don't want to get measured and end up like a fatty liar (they don't accept a single cm of difference from what they've asked for)

What are the looks requirements for fit models? Is it all about the body? Surely they'd like some decent looks too for visualisation purposes when designing? I'd always assumed it's a lucky model with the right size & shape, more or less the 'look' of that brand, who is retained on a permanent basis..?

Hahhaha I wish I did. None of my friends are. Depending on the brand, it could be some regular girl, the vessel of all things average, for a very commercial brand or it can be a 5'10" 34-24-34" (but probably 5'8" and maybe 35" hips) bitch doing the lines carried in Barneys. I am very "narrow" everywhere so I haven't booked ONE job doing anything like this (e-commerce included--the girls that wear the pants in all available colors online).

When I made this thread I was curious to know who is doing brands like Dior and Chanel who seem to create "body standards"

It can pay anywhere from $100-$1000 an hour and it is one of the best $$ gigs but is kind of embarrassing and can block up your schedule for other things that may be better for a girls career. Also, I can imagine it's very physically demanding.

When I made this thread I was curious to know who is doing brands like Dior and Chanel who seem to create "body standards"

It can pay anywhere from $100-$1000 an hour and it is one of the best $$ gigs but is kind of embarrassing and can block up your schedule for other things that may be better for a girls career.

Thanks for your reply. Of course, I meant the standards of high end brands as you mentioned, not any generic brand with average standards (even though i guess it means $$ for those models, nevertheless).

Why would it be embarassing though?

Last edited: