Honeymoon Clothes

Drew

Rookie
Aug 6, 2012
Anyone want to help me put together a honeymoon wardrobe? I'm getting married in September, and we're going to spend a week at a resort in the Caribbean. I'm thinking at least

- two bathing suits
- beach coverup
- sun hat
- three/four pairs of shorts
- two pairs of pants
- five/six fun, colorful tops
- two skirts
- wrap
- jacket or cardigan
- one/two pairs flat sandals
- one/two pairs heels

Also, it's the sort of place where you dress for dinner, so

- three/four dresses (I'm thinking I could make skirts and pants with nice tops work for the other nights)

I have the bathing suits and shorts and could draft in a pair of white cotton trousers that I usually wear to work. But most of my skirts and non-grimy tops are for the office. I have exactly one suitable dress that I just bought from BR, and I could really use an evening jacket and a new pair or two of causal heels.

I've also been told that my lingerie is -- ahem -- "boring." I was looking at some nighties and bra/pantie sets from Eberjey that I thought were pretty and sexy without being over the top, but those have also been judged as "boring." Apparently, things like this are expected:

V367076.jpg

For one, I would feel ridiculous. Secondly, I would never buy from VS because the quality is terrible. Can any one think of a good middle ground?

I'm going to be thirty in the fall, so I can't pull off super young things anymore. And being a short person, I tend to get overwhelmed by loose/long styles and look silly in things that are really girly. I'm also not at my gw yet, so I try to keep my upper thighs covered.

Anyone want to help me shop?

Congratulations first off :party:

What is your price range for the lingerie? Also, I'm sure you will be able to get to your goal weight by september! :kiss:

Thank you! It's very exciting to be making everything official.

I think I'd be comfortable spending $300 on lingerie all together, though possibly more if they were good quality things I really liked and could transition into everyday. For the other clothes, I think maybe $400, though again maybe more if they could easily transition and were good quality.

And thanks for the encouragement! I'm 98 lb at 5' 1" right now. Down about 12 lbs since last August. My gw for now is somewhere around 90 lb (I'll reassess once I get there). I have a history of putting too much pressure on myself with bad consequences, so I'm just trying to take things slowly and focus on good choices.

I'm sure you want to have a few choices, so no Agent Provocateur or La Perla ;)
I found these link that might be able to help you: http://www.thelingerieaddict.com/2011/12/lingerie-awards-best-lingerie-2011.html and here http://www.thelisticles.net/hot/famous-and-sexiest-lingerie-brands/

I'm on super busy right now so I will try to have more detail later.. one thing to recommend, do not buy until close to the date because you might have lost some weight, you want it perfectly fitted for your honeymoom :kiss:

Oh, thank you! My afternoon is now booked solid.

I would love to go with Agent Provocateur or La Perla, but what I would love more is to have a house next year, so ... no.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, thank you! My afternoon is now booked solid.

I would love to go with Agent Provocateur or La Perla, but what I would love more is to have a house next year, so ... no.

Congrats! Have you checked out pinterest? They have tons of honeymoon boards that might give you tons of options. I totally feel you on the house thing- my boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years and we're not engaged because we want a house in the bay area. I'm jealous that you guys are taking the next step :p

OK, I'm getting some ideas. It seems like Fig Leaves and the Little Bra company have some interesting things that are affordable. I had looked up honeymoon things on Pinterest, but a lot of it seemed a bit silly. I really don't need a robe with "Bride" bedazzled on the back. But maybe I'm looking at the wrong things.

We're in the Northeast, so we've been saving for longer than I can remember. So jealous of my friend in the Midwest. She bought a place a few years ago for less than what our down payment will be.

I just discovered that Asos has some really nice lingerie which is not that expensive.

I mean something like this: http://www.asos.de/Von-Follies-By-D...=6046&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black

or this: http://www.asos.de/Von-Follies-By-D...&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black/rose

or others: http://www.asos.de/Women/Lingerie-Nightwear/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=6046

hope you like it, I wish I had an excuse to buy this :kiss:

Darling, you don't need an excuse to buy yourself some lingerie

I've also been told that my lingerie is -- ahem -- "boring." I was looking at some nighties and bra/pantie sets from Eberjey that I thought were pretty and sexy without being over the top, but those have also been judged as "boring." Apparently, things like this are expected:

V367076.jpg

For one, I would feel ridiculous. Secondly, I would never buy from VS because the quality is terrible. Can any one think of a good middle ground?

I'm just going to sneak in here for a second and say, girl, let your freak flag fly. That is the only advice I can give you. I know, I know... when something feels uncomfortable it's hard to consider it as an option, but... I mean... the whole purpose of buying the lingerie is to show it off FOR HIM. Yes, there is underwear you buy for you... but then there is the underwear you buy for him. And, I mean, it's your honeymoon... the rest of the wardrobe won't even matter... you're supposed to be getting it on most of the time. I mean... even Bella Swan threw on some saucy sex lace for her honeymoon. I'm not telling you to go full garter 24/7 but if you're buying lingerie for the purpose foreplay and to turn him on, the best thing you can do is buy what he likes, however trashy it may seem to you at the time. Who knows? When you see how turned on it makes him you might even feel sexy and grow to like it. And, I mean, it's not like he's asking you to pop ping pong balls out of your Britney, or begging you for a Golden Shower... just throw on the smut wear... own it, be sexy, make your man happy. He's going to be your husband... you're supposed to be the last woman he sleeps with. THE. LAST. WOMAN... EVER. If he's already feeling your undies are "boring" and you refuse to give in just this small area, it doesn't bode well for your future sex life. Men are visual creatures... I guarantee that he will not think you look ridiculous in more racy lingerie. Set your insecurities aside and be adventurous with your sex life with him, the rest of your life is a long time... Better it be a long time where your man felt sexually pleased and happy (within reasonable bounds) than a long time where you get to know that he's bored. A bored husband is an unhappy husband. An unhappy husband is a dangerous thing.

Please excuse if I come across rude, I've had a few drinks and it's all I can do to not misspell every other word.

TL;DR - Get yourself some boobie tassels and whip him in the face with them.

Reactions: 1 users
I would get more bathing suits, if you are going to be away for 7 days you would probably want more than 2, you will most likely spend all day in them, and change for dinner....I am planning to take 7 on my honey moon (next June), but I am also obsessed with bikinis. Dresses are most versatile and light and easy to pack. Make sure you take a few outfits and swim suits in carry on just in case, I know a girl who lost her entire suitcase on her honeymoon. Not fun.