Holy Grail Bags/I want a Chanel mini

Not a holy grail bag, just a question! In the market for a camera bag or larger WOC, my price range is between $1000-$2000. I'd been looking at YSL's Lou, but I saw the Becky and like how the quilted lambskin is different from the typical matelasse. However it's fairly new and I haven't been able to find many reviews or opinions on it. Not sure if it has 'staying power' or if it feels like a Chanel wannabe.

View attachment 86238
View attachment 86241
View attachment 86242
(Becky camera bag vs woc vs Lou)

When I ask about a camera bag Gucci's Soho Disco and Marmont always come up, but while I used to like them when I was younger, literally everyone I know has them and I've stopped seeing any appeal - even though the Disco's dimensions are exactly what I'm looking for, ideally.

I do love the black and beige or solid leather Dionysus, but I'm always wearing gold jewelry and wonder if the silver will clash? (I can't make up my mind about mixing metals and I don't have a black-and-gold bag in rotation right now so one feels necessary.)

Any thoughts or other recommendations?

Hi! In my personal opinion, Gucci is a bit overdone and the YSL bags are heading there too (oversaturated market etc etc.) Perhaps a Prada Diagramme leather clutch or a Prada Saffiano leather bag on chain? The saffiano leather is also more durable than the YSL leather that tends to scratch more easily.

Hi! In my personal opinion, Gucci is a bit overdone and the YSL bags are heading there too (oversaturated market etc etc.) Perhaps a Prada Diagramme leather clutch or a Prada Saffiano leather bag on chain? The saffiano leather is also more durable than the YSL leather that tends to scratch more easily.
Wow I forgot about this, I ended up actually getting a Chloe because I realized I just wasn't a fan of the branding/commonness of the others! But I do love some Prada bags and will look for them in the future.

I want to pull the trigger on this Fendi Peekaboo Iseeu Medium, but I’m still debating whether I would enjoy the maintenance costs on the white sheepskin outer. (For context, I’m the person who always forgets to pick up the dry cleaning but hates getting it delivered to my building since it’s only a block away. I also somehow manage to spill coffee on myself whenever I’m wearing white. :nopity:) Poor practical choice or no such thing when it comes to handbags?

41BF26C6-0DA2-4C94-938E-BC05938508E0.jpeg

994584B2-4157-4C22-A906-72F0A4C5BEEE.jpeg

4CAFA3B6-F42C-49CF-8873-58471BA6142F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I want to pull the trigger on this Fendi Peekaboo Iseeu Medium, but I’m still debating whether I would enjoy the maintenance costs on the white sheepskin outer. (For context, I’m the person who always forgets to pick up the dry cleaning but hates getting it delivered to my building since it’s only a block away. I also somehow manage to spill coffee on myself whenever I’m wearing white. :nopity:) Poor practical choice or no such thing when it comes to handbags?

View attachment 114457

View attachment 114456

View attachment 114458

I also tend to spill coffee and would be scared with that thing 😳

Anyone have thoughts on the lady dior vs Prada galleria? They are both so different but so good 😳 I can’t make up my mind to get either or both

I also tend to spill coffee and would be scared with that thing 😳

Anyone have thoughts on the lady dior vs Prada galleria? They are both so different but so good 😳 I can’t make up my mind to get either or both
Lady dior 100000000%!! The dior will hold it's value better than the Prada if you ever need to sell it. They're also crafted better, Prada is known to have quality control issues. The Prada galleria is also known to not hold its shape and slouch - not a fan of that look. Lady dior holds a lot less though.
If you want another idea for a comparable bag that holds more I recommend the Fendi peekaboo or the YSL sac du jour.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Lady dior 100000000%!! The dior will hold it's value better than the Prada if you ever need to sell it. They're also crafted better, Prada is known to have quality control issues. The Prada galleria is also known to not hold its shape and slouch - not a fan of that look. Lady dior holds a lot less though.
If you want another idea for a comparable bag that holds more I recommend the Fendi peekaboo or the YSL sac du jour.

Much appreciated (and appreciate the recs - we clearly like a similar style of bag as I was looking at both as well!) I ended up getting both the double bag and the lady dior as they have different functions for me, but haven’t seen the YSL in person and will check it out before using the Prada! I do just adore the two separate compartments with an accessible pouch in between for phones / keys / wallet

Last edited:
The Delvaux Brillant in Box Calf is one of my favorite bags I've purchased in a while. The quality of the leather is genuinely exceptional and personally I dislike loud designer bags so delighted at how understated yet beautiful it is. I purchased the larger size and it fits a surprising number of things for when I want to carry around things for work or travel without looking awkward and overly bulky and stuffed.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
The Delvaux Brillant in Box Calf is one of my favorite bags I've purchased in a while. The quality of the leather is genuinely exceptional and personally I dislike loud designer bags so delighted at how understated yet beautiful it is. I purchased the larger size and it fits a surprising number of things for when I want to carry around things for work or travel without looking awkward and overly bulky and stuffed.
I was just in Paris and swear I went into the Delvaux store like ten times trying to decide if I should get the Delvaux brilliant. I was hoping to get a Kelly and held off on the Delvaux. Regrets as I have returned with no bag, but think I will finally get the Brilliant. I also love the tempete - if u were choosing between any Delvaux bags, would be interested to know why you ultimately went for the brilliant?