Holy Grail Bags/I want a Chanel mini

More of a question than a holy grail bag, but does anyone have any ideas for an evening bag that can also double as a camera bag to fit a Leica M or Canon G7X (fyi they're like small point-shoot cameras). I want to hit two birds with one stone :luv:.

Thinking about $2 000 max, so Chanels are out of the picture, but I'm open to suggestions!

I NEED this bag in my life - the branding is a little more obvious than I'd usually like but it's soooo gorgeous... and practical.
Screenshot_20180511-213833.png

I also really like this one for a smaller evening type bag
Screenshot_20180511-213545.png

More of a question than a holy grail bag, but does anyone have any ideas for an evening bag that can also double as a camera bag to fit a Leica M or Canon G7X (fyi they're like small point-shoot cameras). I want to hit two birds with one stone :luv:.

Thinking about $2 000 max, so Chanels are out of the picture, but I'm open to suggestions!

I'm not sure exactly on dimensions of what you're looking for, but I'd check out Louis Vuitton, you can probably find something on the smaller side for under $2K in leather (as opposed to canvas, canvas you could probably get it under $1K depending on the style). They also tend to be a bit friendlier on the size front than Chanel as to what fits in the bag.

A bit off topic, but their recent collections have also been pretty edgy and sophisticated in my opinion vs. Chanel which can't seem to decide between matronly, childishly tacky, and garish colors.

I'd stick to the bag trio (LV, Chanel, Hermes) as opposed to other high end designers due to the value, quality, and ability to resell down the road.

Reactions: 1 users

6hFkTNp.jpg

This may be late, but Chloe drew is right up your alley at a sub 2k price. I often see the white or black at evening events.

zmNHOsI.jpg

y0u8Ygm.jpg

GI0S17t.jpg

v2GRJiJ.jpg

GTJZtAM.jpg

AVEqA55.jpg

My current personal fav is the diorama in metallic cannage. The silver one is flashy yet quiet thanks to a visible lack of logos. It comes in an array of sizes to suit any price range. (med/small/mini/baby/WOC).

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
flashy yet quiet thanks to a visible lack of logos
À propos, I was recently getting a new work bag so went by the Bond street Fendi where the woman who helped me was extremely keen to emphasise that "logos are cool again" :hahano: I guess that makes me rather uncool as I got the logo-less X-Lite Peekabo--which btw I highly recommend for those, like me, prone to carry their entire lives in their bags, because it fits literally everything without the massive appearance of the 40 cm Birkin.

• Useful
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
À propos, I was recently getting a new work bag so went by the Bond street Fendi where the woman who helped me was extremely keen to emphasise that "logos are cool again" :hahano: I guess that makes me rather uncool as I got the logo-less X-Lite Peekabo--which btw I highly recommend for those, like me, prone to carry their entire lives in their bags, because it fits literally everything without the massive appearance of the 40 cm Birkin.

I'm genuinely, usually, a serious anti-logo kinda girl... BUT the letters literally fell off my Miu Miu bag (it was a Miu) and so I recently purchased this 2006 Prada bag - right size, right time, right price and in immaculate condition (I was walking back from Nieman disappointed)... I still usually carry it logo side in but I do love it.

20180929_211127.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone speak for the Marni Trunk Bag? Is it practical, do you think it will go off-trend soon etc. I already own the Céline Trio and 3 Chanel flaps, which are so functionally similar that I’ve been debating whether to get this bag for over 2yrs - it’s getting ridiculous.

I’ll either get the grey croc:
https://www.marni.com/wx/trunk-bag_cod45309950nj.html

Or black:
https://www.marni.com/wx/trunk-bag_cod45379120ve.html

I do not believe it will go off trend. Marni is elegant and elegance never goes out off trend! ;)

• Love
Marni is elegant
Debatable.

I don't think the hype around the trunk bag will last, but it is sufficiently modest to easily slip in and out of vogue in tandem with the inevitably cyclical preferences for more or less structured shapes. The croc is definitely nicer than plain black.

• Useful
  • Agree
Would any purse connoisseurs recognize this Burberry bag? I doubt it's very well known, but I've been struggling trying to find it ever since I saw this picture a few months back
563704e295d6c4f877c07d3da765ada2.jpg

I need to get a new bag this Christmas, but I am a bit confused and in need of advice. For now I own three designer bags: the miu miu circle bag (Best splurge i ever did since it seems to never go out of fashion) a Lancaster one and the LV pochette accessories. So really small bags I usually use for a night out but I lack of a good, casual one but still trendy and I am looking for that. Is the Falabella bag by Stella McCartney still worth investing over? Here in Italy it’s still pretty popular and it has a good size, what do you girls think?

I need to get a new bag this Christmas, but I am a bit confused and in need of advice. For now I own three designer bags: the miu miu circle bag (Best splurge i ever did since it seems to never go out of fashion) a Lancaster one and the LV pochette accessories. So really small bags I usually use for a night out but I lack of a good, casual one but still trendy and I am looking for that. Is the Falabella bag by Stella McCartney still worth investing over? Here in Italy it’s still pretty popular and it has a good size, what do you girls think?

I'd be hesitant about the wear of the chains/detail. And it's distinct enough that I can see it eventually looking dated (ala the A Wang Rocco) ... but it isn't a ridiculous statement.

Take that all with the knowledge that I tend to be pretty conservatively generic when it comes to bags... my current daily driver is a 2006 black leather Prada with zero embellishments. My wallet is a small folding Balenciaga in silver leather and that felt splashy because of colour.

I like the Miu Miu circle bag... how has your's held up? I had a black patchwork Miu Miu but one of the Mius fell off so I haven't bought another... I'm also not terribly careful with my bags so I'm sure that played a part.

Can anyone tell me is the Hermes Constance worth it? I’m collecting from Hermes after getting a Birkin my 20th. I’m planning on getting a Kelly last, so I wanted to know if the Constance is a good option and if so, what leather do you recommend?

• Agree
I'd be hesitant about the wear of the chains/detail. And it's distinct enough that I can see it eventually looking dated (ala the A Wang Rocco) ... but it isn't a ridiculous statement.

Take that all with the knowledge that I tend to be pretty conservatively generic when it comes to bags... my current daily driver is a 2006 black leather Prada with zero embellishments. My wallet is a small folding Balenciaga in silver leather and that felt splashy because of colour.

I like the Miu Miu circle bag... how has your's held up? I had a black patchwork Miu Miu but one of the Mius fell off so I haven't bought another... I'm also not terribly careful with my bags so I'm sure that played a part.
I use the circle bag a lot, almost every weekend and I got it three years ago, it’s still in perfect condition so definitely recommend. I have it in a pretty color, it’s like magenta but a little darker, so it works very well with different outfits

My taste is somewhat understated too. And I prefer smaller bags these days. I bought the Prada Saffiano (in black) in 2014 and used it constantly for many years but honestly barely use it anymore. And I wouldn’t describe it as a “casual” bag.

I have the Wang Rockie bag (mini version of the Rocco) which I use as a work bad quite a bit. It’s small but still quite spacious and I like its casual / edgy look. And it’s not as popular as the Rocco which I like!

50137891-B874-4DFD-BAA9-31A1640A58E1.jpeg

Have you looked at Sofie Hulme? I have the Albion tote bag and find it to be a great work bag. Comes in many different colours and big enough to hold a laptop. I like that it’s not that popular so I hardly see anyone using it:

234BB2E1-7501-4D13-8FA2-B6803389A6B8.jpeg

Loewe Puzzle Bag is a classic too. Also v spacious

9269DF99-C265-4D1C-B751-C8C4A81758D3.jpeg

Can anyone tell me is the Hermes Constance worth it? I’m collecting from Hermes after getting a Birkin my 20th. I’m planning on getting a Kelly last, so I wanted to know if the Constance is a good option and if so, what leather do you recommend?
Currently debating the Constance or Mosaique and would love any reviews too. I like the less "brand-y" buckle of the Mosaique but the overall shape of the Constance better. Hmmm

• Agree
Not a holy grail bag, just a question! In the market for a camera bag or larger WOC, my price range is between $1000-$2000. I'd been looking at YSL's Lou, but I saw the Becky and like how the quilted lambskin is different from the typical matelasse. However it's fairly new and I haven't been able to find many reviews or opinions on it. Not sure if it has 'staying power' or if it feels like a Chanel wannabe.

1594688350183.png

1594689459694.png

1594689967862.png

(Becky camera bag vs woc vs Lou)

When I ask about a camera bag Gucci's Soho Disco and Marmont always come up, but while I used to like them when I was younger, literally everyone I know has them and I've stopped seeing any appeal - even though the Disco's dimensions are exactly what I'm looking for, ideally.

I do love the black and beige or solid leather Dionysus, but I'm always wearing gold jewelry and wonder if the silver will clash? (I can't make up my mind about mixing metals and I don't have a black-and-gold bag in rotation right now so one feels necessary.)

Any thoughts or other recommendations?