Holy Grail Bags/I want a Chanel mini

I'm so in love lately with the Chloe Drew Bag:
Chloe-Merino-Blue-SuedeCalfskin-Drew-Medium-Shoulder-Bag.jpg

I'm not a bag person at all but THIS is stunning. I love the clasp!

Not to self promote too much, but I am selling my black Givenchy
Antigona and a few Balenciaga bags on eBay...will give preference to SG users so feel free to message me for info xx

Reactions: 1 user
Can this thread please get more attention? I love bags so much and I love looking/hearing about other people collections! I recently ordered the circle metalasse Miu Miu bag and it was an amazing deal on mytheresa! It's such a pretty color so I am excited. If I were to buy a more 'serious' bag, it would probably be the Versace Palazzo one, I think they're gorgeous

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I've been wanting a red leather bag for so long. I love this YSL in particular.

Attachments

• 45282666RW_13_f.jpg
    45282666RW_13_f.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 98
Bags and shoes are a weakness of mine - can we make this thread about shoes too?

I think the Saint Laurent monogramme chain wallet is beautiful:

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 9.05.28 PM.png

I just bought these Christopher Kane shoes the other day:

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 9.08.29 PM.png

Need insight from ladies up here about planning some bag purchases

1) I gave myself a "goal" finish XYZ goal and reward self with a Chanel (hadn't 100% locked down style, but a classic black bag). However, in the year or 2 it took me to obtain this goal (promotion), I think that I am not really as interested in Chanel and perhaps where I will be working and traveling would make it very impractical to use ever. I love the Chanel brand, but I think that for me, if I were to buy a new Chanel I would never use it (just lock it up and pet it). In the future I AM interested in finding a vintage piece though (other than vintage I generally don't buy 2nd hand of a recent model just b/c my purchases are far between enough to justify new if I find the perfect bag). So would ladies agree Vintage Chanel is better as a whole? Also I'm not so interested in "investment" pieces and I really can't be bothered to sell bags. Therefore, I hope to use my bags and enjoy them (while I'm young and then when I'm old I will have fond memories of USING them...not just hiding them), thus they will probably incur reasonable wear and tear (unless it's a small, evening dress or off to the theatre 2x a year type of bag)

Now the more pressing issue---

2) My 2nd question is lately I've been obsessed (yes...strong word but true) with getting a Celine Micro Belt Bag. I love how this relatively new size has a ridiculously long strap and is a bit smaller than other sizes and can be a x-body (on a 6ft frame the xbody is a bit of a stretch but w/o a coat it can still be achieved otherwise I can use on just 1 shoulder and it looks fine). I believe if I buy this I would use it daily. I guess my only hesitation is if it's too simple and if the x-body makes it too casual for the price (>2kusd). I would probably get a solid color though (maybe this...or wait for winter colors but probably not spring or summer color) and something NOT bright, but probably NOT black, grey, or taupe because those are a bit too neutral for me since I have other bags to check those boxes (but admittedly I love the Mini bag in those colors too). Long story short I found a bag I fell in love with but I'm trying to be rational and calculating about purchase to prevent any regrets. I am leaning towards micro instead of mini b/c of the size. I prefer NOT to carry heavy bags on my shoulder right now and I want an everyday bag that doesn't look like a work or bookbag! But then it must also straddle the line of being a bit utilitarian in style and color, but amazing enough to justify purchase.

FYI I've already done research on The Purse Forum (an incredible research in itself, but dangerous b/c everyone says BUY BUY BUY :D -- IDK maybe that IS the right idea), BUT, I tend to think of the stylish ladies up here having a more similar fashion sense and can give me some very honest opinions and experiences. (brutal honesty is what we excel in afterall...:flower:

3) I have quenched my frenzy over the Loewe puzzle bag. (I fell in love with one while waiting behind a lady at an airport with this bag/color...and from there I started to see it pop up in quite a few places in tan and white, etc...even on TV series (well, on a Chinese series where product placement was pretty rampant) However, I've eliminate this from my potential purchase list since it's overall structure looks very soft and not as durable as I may need. Also the size of the zip and putting things in and out of the bag seems a bit less than idea (I would probably struggle to find things and put things in and out of it all the time. (I try to avoid bags that have me searching through a small opening and into a dark pit). However if anyone has and loves this bag feel free to add your comments as well.

Last edited:
1) I gave myself a "goal" finish XYZ goal and reward self with a Chanel (hadn't 100% locked down style, but a classic black bag). However, in the year or 2 it took me to obtain this goal (promotion), I think that I am not really as interested in Chanel and perhaps where I will be working and traveling would make it very impractical to use ever. I love the Chanel brand, but I think that for me, if I were to buy a new Chanel I would never use it (just lock it up and pet it). In the future I AM interested in finding a vintage piece though (other than vintage I generally don't buy 2nd hand of a recent model just b/c my purchases are far between enough to justify new if I find the perfect bag). So would ladies agree Vintage Chanel is better as a whole? Also I'm not so interested in "investment" pieces and I really can't be bothered to sell bags. Therefore, I hope to use my bags and enjoy them (while I'm young and then when I'm old I will have fond memories of USING them...not just hiding them), thus they will probably incur reasonable wear and tear (unless it's a small, evening dress or off to the theatre 2x a year type of bag)

Hey, congrats on the promotion!

I own a couple of the classic ones and use them often, though I do find the brand a little overexposed and vulgar lately (sorry, Karl). If you want something timeless and versatile, a black calfskin Boy in the new medium is the best option IMO, but the waiting list is really long. I lucked out as they by random had it in one time I swung by the store at the Bellagio, but the woman who helped me emphasized my 'good choice' and that this particular style was sold out literally everywhere. Vintage is probably the route to take then. Also, if you buy pre-owned, you might not be so cautious about putting it to use yourself (and it would be such a shame not to wear it!). I bet you can make a sweet deal if you research properly.

I don't know what exact use you are buying for, but the modest sized Chanels don't really fit that much. Like, you can't carry papers and stuff, it's more a bag for keys, cash, phone. They are, however, great for travel, if you, like me, don't need the hassle of a tote in addition to your roller.

Good luck deciding :)

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
@elle_w00ds - thank you so much for this information & you have exquisite taste! Yes, wait list, I didn't even think of that, but it make sense. Also, I agree with your sentiments exactly about the brand. I sort of love/hate it at this point, but ultimately I'll do more research on the best piece to work it into my wardrobe when it truly makes sense. Also so true about pre-owned-- I think I would wear it more. I'm definitely mostly interested in med or jumbo size at largest depending on my ultimate use (calfskin & most likely black). I do have to spend more time trying them out to see how much space I need inside. 2.5 years ago exactly (I remember the day well) I came across a beautiful pre-owned Med (brown) at a local consignment shop and was going to pull the trigger, but hesitated and it was snatched up that same week! Ever since then I've been scoping bags and your reply gives me some good food for thought- thanks again.

I recent purchased this on my holiday to Italy last month!! Absolutely love it but as a university student in a small and casual/lazily-dressed city I'm finding it hard to use it without looking super extra. Don't really care though, it's a lifetime investment!!
original

After that I really want to get the LV palm springs mini backpack and the gucci dionysus GG blooms mini bag
louis-vuitton-palm-springs-backpack-mini-monogram-canvas-handbags--M41562_PM2_Front%20view.jpg
421970_KU23N_8693_001_065_0000_Light-Dionysus-GG-Blooms-mini-bag.jpg

Are we allowed to discuss replica bags here and all details surrounding them??? Don't wanna cause trouble because I know some forums won't allow it due to their illegality. :slinkout:

Are we allowed to discuss replica bags here and all details surrounding them??? Don't wanna cause trouble because I know some forums won't allow it due to their illegality. :slinkout:
Personally I would not. Anyone who knows anything about bags can spot one from a million miles away. You just look cheap and crass.

Beyond the illegality, I find it personally embarrassing. Nothing wrong with being unable to afford a luxury designer bag- there are lower end designers who make beautiful bags out there.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I've been obsessed with the new Gucci collab with Oyster Magazine.
This bag for one and I know these don't belong here but these shoes I would die for!
gsl9.jpg

gsl6.jpg

Also any Vivienne Westwood bag or YSL bag I would kill :p

I really want the Paloma large tote - he has a few sizes and several variations, see below for examples:

IMG_0722.PNG
IMG_0723.PNG
IMG_0724.PNG

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Personally I would not. Anyone who knows anything about bags can spot one from a million miles away. You just look cheap and crass.

Beyond the illegality, I find it personally embarrassing. Nothing wrong with being unable to afford a luxury designer bag- there are lower end designers who make beautiful bags out there.

I agree 100% I think the only bags that I've ever seen good fakes of are a louis vuitton neverfull or a goyard tote which are like pretty hard to tell just because they're just a pattern/print on a easily made shape lol but other than that bags usually look fake because the leather is cheap/fake and they're too stiff or squared or the hardware is off and those are easy to spot things.

I'm not sure if this is considered a holy-grail bag (to me it is at least lol). My birthday was on Saturday and I decided to treat myself with a Purificación García bag:
Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.14.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.14.20 PM.png

I usually buy non-designer bags in subtle colours like black and white since they go with everything, but I wanted it to be special and different from the others, so I bought it in yellow; what really sold me though was the fact that it has an interchangeable shoulder strap, which means I can change it up and have fun with it:

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.18.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.19.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.19.33 PM.png

• Love