Holy Grail Bags/I want a Chanel mini

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Anna, Oct 7, 2012.

1. skinnyprivilege

More of a question than a holy grail bag, but does anyone have any ideas for an evening bag that can also double as a camera bag to fit a Leica M or Canon G7X (fyi they're like small point-shoot cameras). I want to hit two birds with one stone :luv:.

Thinking about $2 000 max, so Chanels are out of the picture, but I'm open to suggestions!

2. hazyshadeofwinter

hazyshadeofwinter Grand Dame

I NEED this bag in my life - the branding is a little more obvious than I'd usually like but it's soooo gorgeous... and practical.
    Screenshot_20180511-213833.png

I also really like this one for a smaller evening type bag
    Screenshot_20180511-213545.png

3. Golden ice

Golden ice Community Duchess

I'm not sure exactly on dimensions of what you're looking for, but I'd check out Louis Vuitton, you can probably find something on the smaller side for under $2K in leather (as opposed to canvas, canvas you could probably get it under $1K depending on the style). They also tend to be a bit friendlier on the size front than Chanel as to what fits in the bag.

A bit off topic, but their recent collections have also been pretty edgy and sophisticated in my opinion vs. Chanel which can't seem to decide between matronly, childishly tacky, and garish colors.

I'd stick to the bag trio (LV, Chanel, Hermes) as opposed to other high end designers due to the value, quality, and ability to resell down the road.

• Like Like x 2
  4. coeurV

coeurV Rookie

[​IMG]
    This may be late, but Chloe drew is right up your alley at a sub 2k price. I often see the white or black at evening events.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My current personal fav is the diorama in metallic cannage. The silver one is flashy yet quiet thanks to a visible lack of logos. It comes in an array of sizes to suit any price range. (med/small/mini/baby/WOC).

• Like Like x 3
  5. elle_w00ds

elle_w00ds Rising Star

À propos, I was recently getting a new work bag so went by the Bond street Fendi where the woman who helped me was extremely keen to emphasise that "logos are cool again" :hahano: I guess that makes me rather uncool as I got the logo-less X-Lite Peekabo--which btw I highly recommend for those, like me, prone to carry their entire lives in their bags, because it fits literally everything without the massive appearance of the 40 cm Birkin.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. hazyshadeofwinter

hazyshadeofwinter Grand Dame

I'm genuinely, usually, a serious anti-logo kinda girl... BUT the letters literally fell off my Miu Miu bag (it was a Miu) and so I recently purchased this 2006 Prada bag - right size, right time, right price and in immaculate condition (I was walking back from Nieman disappointed)... I still usually carry it logo side in but I do love it.

20180929_211127.jpg