Height
5'11" / 180CM
Bust
32"
Waist
24"
Hips
34"

I know she has a thread dedicated to her journey, but I thought she deserved a proper profile thread too. I had actually toyed with the idea of making one earlier, however I have a closer relationship with her than I do most other models on SG and it seemed invasive to put her here for some reason. However I think this show season is going to be huge for her (she's already being touted as one to watch by numerous large publications) and if I didn't make a thread, it was only a matter of time before someone else did. She's a real beauty, a talent, and an incredibly kind soul too.

Reactions: 1 users
Ooh, thanks for making that thread, I was thinking about doing it too, but I swear to god I think I've seen hers a few months back.. probably hallucinated..

Anyway, I love her, she really grew on me! :oops:
What she has gone through is even more inspiring! I hope she makes it big, she deserves it!

She reminds a bit of Gemma in certain pictures. I love her lips as well ;) She pulls of the bee-stung look a lot better than Lindsey Wixson imo!

172874-500w.jpg

4186-Le-21eme-Adam-Katz-Sinding-Holly-Rose-Backstage-At-Christopher-Esber-Mercedes-Benz-Fashion-Week-Australia-Spring-Summer-2013-2014_AKS1259-920x1382.jpg

ADbyharyonosetiadi_frockwriter_1.jpg

x000000426545-Holly_Rose_Emery-modelprofileMainPicCropped.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hBVwd8Xivt.jpg

holly-rose-emery-by-nicole-bentley-for-vogue-australia-august-2013-3.png

wintergarden7.jpg

wintergarden8-crop-b.jpg

She does kind of pulls the same face a lot of the time though... it suits her very well, but she should widen her range of facial expressions I think :)

I love her face and her story is just so inspiring to me, I just instantly loved her for it, haha. I was super excited to see her at couture week and I really hope she'll walk some big shows at FW :)

Her story is really inspirational.

ObeX5Jq.jpg

Backstage at Armani Privé F/W 2013 Couture

tmze908.jpg

BdQKCT9.jpg

After Armani Privé, July 2013

mqbTuK3.jpg

After Valentino Couture Show, July 2013

I think she could stand to lose some more on her thighs. She has already come so far! :)

I love these BTS shots so much..

Attachments

• 840169_1_z.jpg
    840169_1_z.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 840173_1_z.jpg
    840173_1_z.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 840167_1_z.jpg
    840167_1_z.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 840183_1_z.jpg
    840183_1_z.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 840185_1_z.jpg
    840185_1_z.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 145
I'm so impressed by her journey
And I'm also impressed by her modelling
Not to sound rude, but I'm kind of surprised how much I like her work. I think because she really worked to achieve her body she has a better work ethic for modelling, and is more sure of her body and what she wants to achieve in modelling

I'm sure we'll see plenty of great work from her if she chooses to continue to develop her modelling prowess

She made the Models.com ss14 top 10 newcomers list

Baby faced beauty Holly Rose Emery burned up the runways on both sides of the pond with appearances at Jason Wu, Theyskens Theory, Marc Jacobs, Giles, Mulberry, Preen and many more. You may remember Holly from her memorable appearances during couture including appearances for Valentino and Armani Privé and that stylish strut for Miuccia Prada’s menswear show.

She made the Models.com ss14 top 10 newcomers list

Yep, and I was surprised to see her SO MUCH this season, she was even first face at dsquared, pretty amazing! :highfive:

She walked 31 shows!! :)

Again, kudos for her for going from obese (literally!) http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1346632268/484/7601484.jpg

to high-fashion skinny:
adsu8y9I.jpg

What she thinks about it:
You lost a lot of weight before signing with Red11, your agency here in New Zealand. How do you deal with the wider pressure within the fashion industry to stay thin? What are your thoughts on the industry's focus on body image and weight?
Yes, I did lose a lot of weight. I did it for me, though, rather than for modelling. I'm proud of that. So I don't tend to feel the pressure from the industry. Having said that, I am human and have my insecurities, so I don't let my down days get to me. I think the industry has been so negatively represented and blamed for body dysmorphia issues, which, as any person or parent of a person who has suffered an eating disorder knows, is nothing to do with wanting to simply be thin. It annoys me that modelling and models get blamed. What a lot of people don't realise is that like an athlete or musician, part of your job is to work out and try and stay in peak physical and mental condition. We are like athletes; if you don't constantly train both physically and mentally, it becomes gruelling to do your job to the best of your ability. And doing your job takes discipline, too. Sure, you can go out and party, but if you take your job seriously, or you have a gig or a race the next day, then better that you don't go out partying beforehand. I am working or travelling most days, so yeah, partying is not really my thing. I would rather bake.

Some more picture, I think she deserves some love!
IMG_4495.JPG

Collette_Dinnigan_Spring_2014_Details_27_M_KHIs7r.jpg

RIC_0611.450x675.JPG

Nina_Ricci_Spring_2014_Details_pawzw_Vzy_Lrgx.jpg

here's another interview, for those interested ;) :
http://www.glassons.com/the-guide-article/Model-Of-The-Moment-Holly-Rose?i=28

I totally agree about the work ethic. Maybe this is terrible of me to say, but generally speaking I find East European models to be the hardest working. It's astounding to me that a girl in her situation found it in herself to make such a drastic lifestyle change.

New Zealanders do have a reputation of being hard workers too though.. maybe not so much in the modeling arena as it's not one NZ has really dominated in (yet), but generally speaking.

I totally agree about the work ethic. Maybe this is terrible of me to say, but generally speaking I find East European models to be the hardest working. It's astounding to me that a girl in her situation found it in herself to make such a drastic lifestyle change.

Because if you don't work your ass off, you go back to Eastern Europe, and that's a much better motivation to work than for other models, who just go back to relatively cosy countries like England or America ;)

Because if you don't work your ass off, you go back to Eastern Europe, and that's a much better motivation to work than for other models, who just go back to relatively cosy countries like England or America ;)

On the other hand, Eastern European girls are also more prone to giving up with the excuse ''I'll just marry a wealthy guy'' (4 girls from my class in high school are already married; I'm 21 for fuck's sake), because it's a really patriarchal culture and that kind of thinking is acceptable. Every society has their lazy quitters. ;)

Anyway, on topic: I love Holly, when it comes to weight loss she's more inspirational than any other model , she's the only one who does not and can not sell that stupid, frustrating story about skinny genes. (except for Snejana, maybe, she was also chubs before starting her career)