help a shorty :p

D

Darlinglycans

i'm pretty short, and though my of my jeans fit really good on my waist, they are waaaay too long! I'm getting really tired of tearing up the bottom of my jeans. does anyone have a quik fix? rolling them up doesn't work very well, because they always come undone and i get tired of rolling them back up :hmm:

Same here. You have to get the sewing machine/needle and thread out and make a new hem. Remember to measure and pin it with the garment on, and then iron the roll-over flat before you sew. Cut off excess if they are really long. If using needle and thread and the fabric is delicate (not jeans but other stuff), try to slip the needle within the weave of the fabric rather than going all the way through, so the stitches don't show. There is no other way :(

Same here. You have to get the sewing machine/needle and thread out and make a new hem. Remember to measure and pin it with the garment on, and then iron the roll-over flat before you sew. Cut off excess if they are really long. If using needle and thread and the fabric is delicate (not jeans but other stuff), try to slip the needle within the weave of the fabric rather than going all the way through, so the stitches don't show. There is no other way :(

Making a new hem doesn't work the best with pants, I find... especially jeans. It completely takes away from the cut of the pant, and then ends up looking box-like because the hem becomes where the calf would be.

I suggest looking for good quality pants, you'll find something. I have a nice pair of sevens and they fit me perfectly. I'm 5'2.

I find that Junior sizing fits me better...their lengths are usually shorter.

Yeah, same here. When I was about 5-10 lbs lighter I used to buy jeans in H&M's child section. Their sizes are defined by age here in Denmark, and I used to buy them in size 13-14 years or 14+.

I don't know how tall you are, but you can probably get away with skinny jeans, because the lowest part of the legs are so tight, that you wouldn't walk on the fabric.

Some of the stores have short/petite sections. Yes it's a real struggle for us girls. I suggest, getting them altered at the store where you brought them. If it's a good branded jeans then the clothes are easily altered at the store and it looks really good, it's a bit pricy but its worth it. For jeans that don't cost that much I suggest going to their sister children store/ or the children department the jeans are much cheaper and no need to alter them :)

If you can't alter them well I suggest looking around for a good tailor or trying to learn. My mum just picked it up, at first she was terrible but now she manages to do some stuff really well but for some I still have to use a tailor.

I pay $40 for jeans that fit me and I'm 5'3. I go to the outlets and at DKNY (and other places) they have short, regular, long inseams and the short fits just right. Finding a good pair of jeans is difficult but I'd go with buying something that fits you without alterations--especially for jeans. Good luck!

Bring them to a tailor straight away! Many shops have one already in the place to adjust trouser/sleeve/dress length for free. It's a very common thing to need to shorten clothing so it costs little and is done quickly too. I know I could get it done for £2 where I live. :)

lol im five foot one so sometime even the ones that are made for short people are still too long. but i think i'll get my aunt to try to hem them or something. thanks gurls