Helena Bonham Carter

E

Esurient

I LOOOVE this actress. She has a super authentic look and a hilarious sense of humour. I love her in pretty much every movie and I love how weird she is. And of course, she's English, which I love. :grin: And while she's not thinspo, I find her really beautiful, not mainstream beautiful, but eccentrically so. If you've never seen her you'll know what I mean when you do.

And yeah. She's just amazing. She played Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter, Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland, and Miss Lovett in Sweeney Todd. And for some foreshadowing, she will be playing Madame Thenardier in the 2012 production of "Les Miserables" which I'm quite excited about. (You can see she's a very versatile character.)

What do you think about this English legend? ;)

HelenBonhamCarter.jpg
Helena-Bonham-Carter-harry-potter-vs-twilight-18102877-500-408.jpg
Helena-bonham-carter2.jpeg
helena-bonham-carter-256x300.jpg
400full.jpg
Helena+Bonham+Carter+%E2%80%93+Alice+in+Wonderland.jpg
helena-bonham-carter-4466f.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I like her in her non-Burton roles but I agree she is very versatile. What I think is great about HBC is that she is just herself; a crazy and kooky dresser on the red carpet without a care what the fashion bloggers say about her. If she was not so established and talented as an actress I would say she is trying to get attention. But she has earned the right to wear whatever she pleases.

She definitely plays a good crazy lady. She was also Ophelia, in the Mel Gibson version of Hamlet. I really liked her in the King's Speech, though, as Queen Mary.

I absolutely love her.
She's one a very few actresses who is not afraid to look ridiculous or not as pretty onscreen ... or offscreen.
And she's actually stunning. I remember the first time I saw her outside Tim Burton's movie and I was shocked how stunning she is when you take off the crazy.
images

She seems like a person I'd love to hang out with in real life...

On her red carpet looks (what she's going to wear)
“I have no idea. Of course I want to have fun…It’s probably going to be a catastrophe. But it’s like, I’m gonna go for it.”

helena_mum.jpg

helena_goldenglobes.jpg

helenabaftatv.jpg

I absolutely love her.
She's one a very few actresses who is not afraid to look ridiculous or not as pretty onscreen ... or offscreen.
And she's actually stunning. I remember the first time I saw her outside Tim Burton's movie and I was shocked how stunning she is when you take off the crazy.

She seems like a person I'd love to hang out with in real life...

On her red carpet looks (what she's going to wear)
“I have no idea. Of course I want to have fun…It’s probably going to be a catastrophe. But it’s like, I’m gonna go for it.”

Amen! :highfive:

I find her face so incredibly stunning - she has an otherwordly beauty that makes you do a double take. A real beauty.

Love, love, love!! She's one of those people whose personalities radiate outward to their appearance...I think that's how she is so beautiful to me.

I love love love this Helena Bonham Carter. I fell in love with her back when she did "Frankenstein" with Robert De Niro and have watched so many movies because of her since.

Who could forget "Fight Club"? God she was just the perfect balance for Brad Pitt and Ed Norton.

If you really love her acting style, you should see "Conversations with Other Women" It's super low budget and the entire film is just raw acting between Helena and Aaron Eckhart. They are so freakin real, it just sucked me all the way in.

LOVE her. She's one of the few people in the entertainment industry that come across as genuinely authentic, grounded and resistant to fitting into the mould. Just <3 her.

She's a great actress, i loved her in "The Fight Club"
18855525.jpg
helena_bonham_carter_edward_norton_fight_club_001.jpg

Her street style is really bad though..
helena1.jpg
spl110299_003_helena_bonham_carter.jpg

I find her face so incredibly stunning - she has an otherwordly beauty that makes you do a double take. A real beauty.

tumblr_m6g8lanJMO1rpg6s8.gif

Couldn't agree more.

Amazing face shape! And eyes. And under eye circles. Don't even get me started on her acting skills.

tumblr_m6ggmknVTE1rrnzv4o7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6gf1aLdvG1ry99glo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6gvvjItFU1r2xik5o1_500.jpg

Oh my god! A thread on Helena Bonham Carter!
I would've never thought to find such a thread on the SG forums!
She's my favourite actress! :luv::luv:

And her sense of style is just... well, very weird and I think it matches her personality!

I think she & Tim Burton as a married couple must be.. out of this world. Imagine what their children are gonna be like. The same goes for Amanda Palmer & Neil Gaiman (although I don't think they have had any children together).

tumblr_m6g8lanJMO1rpg6s8.gif

Couldn't agree more.

Amazing face shape! And eyes. And under eye circles. Don't even get me started on her acting skills.

No joke, I actually got goosebumps from the pictures you just posted. Love her! :luv:

I adore her :luv: She is an amazing actress and I love her face, she´s very pretty in my opinion and she has this spirit..dunno how to say it, she´s just wonderful and strange at the same time. She also will be amazing no matter how old she gets I think. Like this thing people like to say "Like red wine. Gets even better with age".

Oh my god! A thread on Helena Bonham Carter!
I would've never thought to find such a thread on the SG forums!

I agree! I love that she always plays these incredibly crazy roles because it suits her so well! I think she is beautiful in such an old-timey classic way but I love it when she looks all strung out too.

My favourite movies with her in it have to be Fight Club and Big Fish.

I loved her in harry potter, she has a stunning face. I feel like she would look better if she were thinner.....but meh, she is in no way fat and its her choice.

Adore Helena too! She's so kooky and strange and other-worldly and I would give anything to go out for a night with her and see where we'd end up. Probably an opium den in a time long past! She has such a timeless quality...almost childlike or china doll-like features. Love how she never conforms to what's expected on the red carpet and stays true to her kooky self! Helena rocks.

rpc-blog-gif.gif