Heel-less Wedges

H

humantouch

How do we feel about the trend for wedges without heels? As modelled by Posh (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...igh-high-PVC-boots-stop-traffic-New-York.html) and seen in various shops. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...h-street-near-soon-heel-shoes-mainstream.html)

I can't get my head around them! They sort of unnerve me a little bit.

I've seen them in Office in town - Jeffrey Campbell do some - but I don't think I've actually witnessed anyone wearing them on a night out... presumably they're so uncomfortable by the time I see them they have changed into their flats. :lol:

Maybe this kind of outlandish trend should be confined to the catwalk.

Have any of you ladies tried them? Love them? Loathe them?

I've got to say I am not a fan of those AT ALL.

for some reason, they remind me of frog legs... :wtf:

I don't like them either. I don't understand the point. It looks like they always have to be on their tip toes. I'm sure i'd try to put weight on my heels and immediately fall. It's just... Silly. Just as unnecessary as these type of sunglasses.
paris-hilton-pastelle-shutter-shades.jpg

Feels like a goofy stupid fad to me. There's no reason for shoes like those.
Eh.

I honestly can't find anything appealing about them at all, to me they make the people wearing them seem like those half horse, half people things.

I feel like they look okay from the front, but when you look at them from the side it just looks off !

Therefore, I don't think I would ever buy a pair when I could buy some gorgeous heels instead :luv:

I've seen them in Office in town - Jeffrey Campbell do some - but I don't think I've actually witnessed anyone wearing them on a night out... presumably they're so uncomfortable by the time I see them they have changed into their flats. :lol:
I saw pictures of my friend's chubby/fat friend in them and with her thick legs... she looks like a pony in make up :lol:

When I first saw these shoes, I thought they were ugly.
I was just looking at some shoes and Giuseppe Zanotti has quite a range:
NMX1GHN_ai.jpg

NMX1GHS_ai.jpg

I don't like these very much at all.
And then I saw this one:
NMX1D4H_bi.jpg

Although like most of you, I would never choose these funny heel-less shoes over all the nicer options, I would love to see someone work it in these outrageous OTT ones :grin:

These shoes look so uncomfortable to walk in - if it's even possible to walk at all in them :wtf:

I haven't seen them around. I can't imagine they'd be comfortable to walk in. Might have a try at Office when I get a spare moment.

I have like three pairs LOL.

Personally I don't find them uncomfortable (except for one pair of mine that are much too small)

And I can walk in them with no problem at all, no need to fall over. Quite frankly I prefer walking in these to walking in heels. But then again, if you'd seen my shoe collection from the age of about 12 to now, you'd understand why I'm good at walking in strange shoes.;)

Personally, I adore them. Although the ones Posh is wearing in that link are vile.

I saw pictures of my friend's chubby/fat friend in them and with her thick legs... she looks like a pony in make up :lol:

When I first saw these shoes, I thought they were ugly.
I was just looking at some shoes and Giuseppe Zanotti has quite a range:
NMX1GHN_ai.jpg

NMX1GHS_ai.jpg

I don't like these very much at all.
And then I saw this one:
NMX1D4H_bi.jpg

Although like most of you, I would never choose these funny heel-less shoes over all the nicer options, I would love to see someone work it in these outrageous OTT ones :grin:

OH MY GOODNESS, where can I get those bottom ones!?>_> I need them. Like right now. If they're not way out of my price range, I promise to get them and give you a video of me walking in them.;) Haha

OH MY GOODNESS, where can I get those bottom ones!?>_> I need them. Like right now. If they're not way out of my price range, I promise to get them and give you a video of me walking in them.;) Haha
They are ridiculously expensive :(
I wouldn't be surprised if a low/mid-price range brand made an inspired/knock-off version though? Even if you just find/get something similar, I'd still like to see :)

They are ridiculously expensive :(
I wouldn't be surprised if a low/mid-price range brand made an inspired/knock-off version though? Even if you just find/get something similar, I'd still like to see :)

WOOOO dear me that is a lot.XD I asked my boyfriend to guess how much after I'd already said it was a lot, he guessed £200 lmao.

Hmm, I'm kinda wondering if I could do a DIY job and make a similar pair.>_> Christ, my list of custom shoe projects are stacking up hah!>_<

These are some of the pairs of them I have:

4fu254.png

eqy2ax.png

My other pair are at a friends house.>O< Nothing wildly exciting, but they were like, £20 each so I'm happy.XD

I also love the fact that every time I see Daphne Guinness shes wearing a pair.

Reactions: 1 user
I can see how they could be easy to walk in.
I walk kind of funny and always place my weight on the toes first, which is why I have a very hard time walking in heels.

I have like three pairs LOL.

Personally I don't find them uncomfortable (except for one pair of mine that are much too small)

And I can walk in them with no problem at all, no need to fall over. Quite frankly I prefer walking in these to walking in heels. But then again, if you'd seen my shoe collection from the age of about 12 to now, you'd understand why I'm good at walking in strange shoes.;)

Personally, I adore them. Although the ones Posh is wearing in that link are vile.

Very well, now you *have* to post pictures of your show collection.

Btw, I think the balance is achieved by the from sole, it stretches a bit to the heel, so they would feel very similar to high heels. Never had a chance to try those out... (and I do think they are a bit horse-ish)

Very well, now you *have* to post pictures of your show collection.

Btw, I think the balance is achieved by the from sole, it stretches a bit to the heel, so they would feel very similar to high heels. Never had a chance to try those out... (and I do think they are a bit horse-ish)

Haha I'll definitely try to someday soon.XD Its getting kinda ridiculous, my living room is like a swamp of shoes.XD

When I get the pair that are at my friends house, I'll try to get pictures of them all, or a massive video or something haha.

And you're right, it doesn't feel any different to normal high heels, everyone seems to think its some massive effort and you have to totter around on your toes all day, its really not like that.XD You'd really have to TRY to tip backwards in them lol

I didn't think I liked them, but you're rocking those ones! :luv: Maybe it's one of those things that grows on you...

Awww thanks.:D <3

I BOUGHT A PAIR TODAY
They are so easy to walk in I was so surprised!
I had wanted a pair for a little while, so when I saw these today I thought why not!
These are mine:
A_4KBOkCEAAz2od.jpg:large

As with any style of shoes (besides crocs) it really depends on the pair (color, pattern, height..) .. but I do like them :)