Heather Marks

Heather Marks for Vogue Mexico 2012, Lensed by Nagi Sakai

Sport Deluxe: ¡Existe! – As part of Vogue’s international health initiative, photographer Nagi Sakai captures this workout conscious editorial for the Mexican edition, showcasing high-end fitness fashion.

Model Heather Marks exudes 70s sporty style donning feathered hair by Dennis Gots and a colorful wardrobe styled by Sarah Gore Reeves.

heather_marks1.jpg
vogla002.jpg

heather_marks4.jpg
heather_marks5.jpg
heather_marks6.jpg
heather_marks7.jpg

Haha, that's how exercise looks - but only in Vogue.... Heather look so bored, what do you think?

AHH I really don't like that exercise shoot. Something about the styling/makeup/lighting makes her look really... 'mature' there, which is disturbing because I've always thought of Heather Marks as one of the great dollfaces. The Marie Claire editorial is beautiful, though. She looks so graceful in the peach bikini. Also, like most dollfaces, I love her with red hair!

AHH I really don't like that exercise shoot. Something about the styling/makeup/lighting makes her look really... 'mature' there, which is disturbing because I've always thought of Heather Marks as one of the great dollfaces.

I'm also not crazy about the styling...especially what they did to her hair. :run:

It's the same look over and over, none of these girls have the "it" factor- charisma. They're all so bloody BORING.
And, may I ask, how would you photograph charisma? Is there a litmus test for it, or something?

To return to the model: I think she has a beautiful face, but that her body is very ... "high street" for lack of a better word. If she dropped a couple of pounds she'd really have that "model" factor.

Famous for
Big blue eyes and a cheeky, elf-like look. She's known in the fashion world for being one of the doll-like models.

Personal style
"Pretty much you just have to be yourself! Every girl has their own style, and that's what clients like. They like to see variety. I wouldn't really say that I adjust my style to match those of designers etc, I dress to be comfortable."

Zoom

Born in Calgary to British parents, at 11 she won a local beauty pageant. She immediately started working in advertising for brands like Calvin Klein and Karl Lagerfeld.

"Starting at the age of 14, you're thrown into such a crazy industry. You're working with girls double the age of you, I found I was always the youngest girl out there. I find you have to mature in this business, it's almost like you're forced to; personality and maturity is about 80 percent of the business."

One of her first modelling jobs took her, at 15, to Zanzibar for a photo shoot. "The whole experience was absolutely amazing, taking a two-seater plane over the ocean, seeing monkeys in the forest, and the children there are absolutely amazing!"

She's a volunteer for NewYorkcares, she looks after the animals that the association rescues. But when she's at home she takes care of her English bulldog, Otis. She has a tongue piercing and a tattoo on her left ankle.

Like all Canadians, she loves sport: soccer, snowboarding and wakeboarding.

Never leaves home without

Her BlackBerry and her chapstick.

In public

Totally casual.

In private

"I wear tracksuit trousers when I'm at home."

Shoes and bags

"My favourite bag is the Brenda by Alexander Wang. As for shoes, I usually wear ballerina pumps. But my favourites among high-heels are Christian Louboutin booties."

Jewellery
"I currently prefer to mix delicate jewellery with rather more chunky pieces."

Hair
"I cut my own hair, I'm used to it. My best look is when I've just washed it, very natural."

Fashion tip
"Be yourself, don't be afraid of saying who you are. Don't follow the latest trends just because it's easy."

Good habits

Kickboxing, running and cycling.

Bad habits
Biscuits.

She loves
"My dog Otis".

She hates
Mice.

Obsessed with
Mac's Nars Laguna Bronzer.

Favourite designers
Isabel Marant, Alexander Wang and Rodarte.

Favourite music

"I'm Canadian, I can't be anything but a country girl."

Favourite food
Sushi.

Favourite drink
Coconut water. "Sometimes I'll have a white wine, more like when I'm away in Mexico. I enjoy a light Pinot Grigio."

Favourite movie

Now and Then by Marlene King.

Favourite book
"The books my mother used to read to me when I was little."

Motto

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." [Napoleon Hill]

Marika Surace

Published:
05/14/2010

vogue.it

She looks so good.

316535-800w.jpg

Harper's Bazaar Singapore February 2015
Photographer: Yu Tsai

y9VrSgCl.jpg
Ko34FESl.jpg

sPy9oZSl.jpg
ZMsZ3ijl.jpg

wXzDjkMl.jpg
Kg8Oqebl.jpg

5VfdsWMl.jpg

fCJ1Dzzl.jpg

KAW4gGxl.jpg

Glamour Iceland May 2015
Photography: Silja Magg
Stylist: Jessica Bobince
Hair: Cameron Rains
Makeup: Fumiaki

Ae9CK96l.jpg
FFYMChul.jpg

7sHtAdhl.jpg
SY6mmbrl.jpg

x2KsfyKl.jpg

"Happy Hippie"
Vogue Taiwan May 2015
Photographer: Yossi Michaeli
Stylist: Anna Katsanis
Hair: Romina Manenti
Make-up: Carolina Dali
Manicure: Alexaundra Mccormick

HUBzs9ql.jpg

t8iQdGCl.jpg
Ba8T46sl.jpg

H8Gsc6yl.jpg
Eyq2omNl.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
She looks so good.

316535-800w.jpg

Harper's Bazaar Singapore February 2015
Photographer: Yu Tsai

y9VrSgCl.jpg
Ko34FESl.jpg

sPy9oZSl.jpg
ZMsZ3ijl.jpg

wXzDjkMl.jpg
Kg8Oqebl.jpg

5VfdsWMl.jpg

fCJ1Dzzl.jpg

KAW4gGxl.jpg

Glamour Iceland May 2015
Photography: Silja Magg
Stylist: Jessica Bobince
Hair: Cameron Rains
Makeup: Fumiaki

Ae9CK96l.jpg
FFYMChul.jpg

7sHtAdhl.jpg
SY6mmbrl.jpg

x2KsfyKl.jpg

"Happy Hippie"
Vogue Taiwan May 2015
Photographer: Yossi Michaeli
Stylist: Anna Katsanis
Hair: Romina Manenti
Make-up: Carolina Dali
Manicure: Alexaundra Mccormick

HUBzs9ql.jpg

t8iQdGCl.jpg
Ba8T46sl.jpg

H8Gsc6yl.jpg
Eyq2omNl.jpg
So flawless :luv:
She's so versatile

Hmm maybe she's left her other facial expressions on her other pants.

Reactions: 1 user