Haute Couture Fall 2013

B

Babydoll

Started today! :party:

Sunday 30th June Atelier Versace.

Monday 1st July Christophe Josse, On Aura Tout Vu, Christian Dior, Iris Van Herpen, Alexis Mabille, Giambattista Valli.

Tuesday 2nd July Chanel, Ulyana Sergeenko, Stéphane Rolland, Atelier Gustavolins, Julien Fournié, Armani Privé, Alexandre Vauthier, Bouchra Jarrar.

Wednesday 3rd July Maison Martin Margiela, Franck Sorbier, Elie Saab, Jean Paul Gaultier, Yiqing Yin, Valentino, Viktor & Rolf.

Thursday 4th July Rad Hourani, Zuhair Murad.

I'm most excited for Viktor & Rolf (they're baaaack!) more than anything. And of course Elie Saab, Valentino and Zuhair Murad for the predictable, but nonetheless beautiful details. Also looking forward to Chanel and Dior for the sets, and let's not forget MMM!

I also hope to see Vlada in a show or too (she seems to make her unfrequent appereances in couture shows only) and Sasha Luss (let's see if her career keeps moving forward!).

What about you gurls?

Versace's original bitch opened and closed! :woot:

tumblr_mp81wt5tma1rt7fv1o1_500.jpg

Her cheekbones can still cut at 43 :bow: She made the whole cast good basically (ok along with Anna Selezneva :luv:, Jacquelyn Jablonski, Bette Franke Hanne Gaby and Sasha Luss too).

The show itself was considerably better than the couture spring 2013 imo. Versace under Donatella will always be tacky to me but this one was way more bearable than the previous one (at least no more cheap-looking neon).

There were models of color at Dior! Finally Raf! :highfive:
The cast was great, the best of all of the Dior under Raf shows imo.

There were models of color at Dior! Finally Raf!

The cast was great, the best of all of the Dior under Raf shows imo.

I was too distracted by the puke-worthy clothes to notice the models, but the fact that black models were finally included makes the cast awesome already.

Iris van Herpen - Too much Alexander McQueen. And she needs to move on from using the same silhouettes season after season.

Armani Prive - 1 word: perfect. I would normally cringe at an entire collection inspired by the Great Gatsby, but this is breathtaking.
(click to enlarge)

Christian Dior - ugly as hell. Maybe if the clothes were better it could pass as "diverse", but because the clothes are shit (as in terrible aesthetically and technically), this collection falls under "incohesive". I can't believe how terribly made the clothes are. Bad even by RTW standards, so absolutely pathetic for couture, which is supposed to be the epitome of perfect craftsmanship. There are a few good pieces, but they're easily overshadowed by the rest of the this eyesore. I mean, Dior couture pieces with SEAM PUCKER?? R.I.P. So many bad looks, but I'll just leave you here with this:
Christian+Dior+Fall+2013+Details+Hksrtc65dKwl.jpg

Christian+Dior+Fall+2013+G9idiFISOO3l.jpg

15mkbjr.png

And seriously? Blatant Armani rip-off.

Maison Martin Margiela
Here come the Margiela cowgirls?! :wtf: ...jeans
margiela-hc-rf13-0066.jpg

margiela-hc-rf13-0014.jpg

margiela-hc-rf13-0150.jpg

margiela-hc-rf13-0222.jpg